CEVS ....

Civic6228

One pocket out another pocket in! So it's really LPPL, period!

Edited by 7007
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So the savings\rebate is actually offset from the omv ? if so then there is no real savings at all, as you pay less but end up getting back less also. what a farse !

Now u know Ah Gong dun usually give money to u hor...gib u using right..take back from left...end up u feeling worse off.... [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

OMV 22k

Tax and ARF (120%) 26K (approx)

Total 48k

Less CEVS 15k = 33k

PARF should remain as 55% of OMV = $12k.

Depreciation = (137k - 12k)/10 = $12.5k/year.

As you can see it doesn't make much difference from your calculation where scrap value is $3.5k. Isn't time an amazing thing? :)

For your without rebate calculation, your price should be 152k not 145k. The whole of the 15k is deducted from the selling price.

Nah, the rebate will come off the PARF .... scrap the car in ten years, the PARF recate would be reduced.

Also to add:

CEVS is to encourange ppl to go towards green vehicle, but whats happening now is it's punishing those that are buying neutral vehicle which ends up everyone just go for those high end green conti cars.

Yes, CEVS is to encourange users to go towards greener cars, but because lots of cars which are already under the CEVS band only receive their rebate this year which means COE are being pushed up again due to the rebate. It's an example of left pocket to right pocket, and worst, those car that doesn't fall under the CEVS band have their prices pushed even further north.

If govt really wanna encourage green, they should use other methods such as road tax rebate etc.

That's true, it looks like COE went up due to the intro of CEVS.

For me, I see the COE's objective being the control of car population (correct method or not is not discussed) while CEVS' objective is to sway buyers who can still afford x amt of COE towards greener cars.

Anyway it's newly introduced and I'm sure there will be tweaks in the future. All I know is that there are still lots of rich ppl around. :D

That's true, it looks like COE went up due to the intro of CEVS.

For me, I see the COE's objective being the control of car population (correct method or not is not discussed) while CEVS' objective is to sway buyers who can still afford x amt of COE towards greener cars.

Anyway it's newly introduced and I'm sure there will be tweaks in the future. All I know is that there are still lots of rich ppl around. :D

Hopefully they tweak it....

Previously, no CEVS, green cars are given 40% off based on their OMV, my car OMV around 22k, rebate amount at 8.8k.

Now eligible for 20k rebate but due to MUST have 5k left for OMV, can only rebate 15k. But due to high COE, no one is going towards Jap cars now as the price are not attractive at all. I just calculated, the net price for a Prius C brand new now cost $141k, tell me which will most go for?

Really hope they will just use road tax and remove that CEVS so that all cars have a fair selling price...

Talk until got dragon got tiger .... at the end LPPL ... WTF .... Big Con job ..

When popular car models enjoy rebate, sure will sell until got dragon got tiger.

Talk until got dragon got tiger .... at the end LPPL ... WTF .... Big Con job ..

Long long ago I already given up hope of any 'rebate'from them... whenever they say rebate, I sweat... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Long long ago I already given up hope of any 'rebate'from them... whenever they say rebate, I sweat... [sweatdrop]

By definition of rebate is to take from u n gib u back mah...they never say discount hor...it is our understanding of the term.... [laugh] When they say rebate...u mus ask from where...why many so happy n think Ah gong gib money...Ah gong only take more...seldom gib more... [smash]

By definition of rebate is to take from u n gib u back mah...they never say discount hor...it is our understanding of the term.... [laugh] When they say rebate...u mus ask from where...why many so happy n think Ah gong gib money...Ah gong only take more...seldom gib more... [smash]

Agreed ... rebate not equal discount .... Nett-Nett ... better for Ah Gong ... as COE went up .... Ah Gong nvr gib but take more.

I found out the details from my SE and I am really confused if car buyers are actually getting any saving/advantage at all. From my understanding, the rebate is coming off the PARF value for the car. Take for example,

VW Mark 7 1.4 Golf

With the rebate

Launch price = 137k

OMV = 22k ....

CEVS rebate - 15k

In ten years, the scrap value/PARF rebate = 22k-15k = 7k x 50% = 3.5k

Depreciation of the car over 10 years = (137 - 3.5) = 133,500/10 = 13,350 per year

Without the rebate,

Price = 145k (Estimate)

OMV = 22k

In ten years, the scrapPARD rebate = 22k x 50% = 11k

Depreciation of the car over 10 years = (145 - 11) = 134,000/10 = 13,400 per year

Looking at the above example, there is no saving/advantage for the car buyers, depreciation remain the same. To me, it is really LPPL. LTA is very good in coming out with idea, giving rebates at no advantage to the car buyers.

Am I missing something here ?

no bro, u spot on. i enquired about b200 also, with cev, depre = 15+k; w/o cev, depre = 16+k. not too much of diff imho.

u think ppl who can afford 100k+ car cares about rebate anot?

not only sweat, but cardiac arrest!

now u know why they place this in public area...

post-49330-1357791304.jpg

There's always a reason n need....cant afford to kill the cash cow... [laugh]

That is precisely my point ..... really LPPL and there is no/little saving/advantage to the car buyers ... I was surprised when my SE explain the details to me about the rebate. I am wondering how many people bought the new car thinking that they have a "great deal" with the CEVS rebates.

garment / minstry never sincere about offering real rebates; such rebate / credit scheme always come back to benefit the bosses of country.

certain offset must made up with certain payback, agree not?

↡ Advertisement