NEW smoking rules!

RadX

exactly i tell u.....all smokers shd not be granted any medical benefits....they shd impose this....cos the long term costs to the system is far far more than the tax paid

But u like smokers right? They should be your biggest regular customers. Haha

↡ Advertisement

But u like smokers right? They should be your biggest regular customers. Haha

Er I like them smoked... Not buried...

Heeee

Let Public sign up as volunteer enforcement officer. Get a 5% cut off the fine. Sure solve the problem island wide.

What we will end up seeing, is all the aunties and uncles who are not working, hanging all around different places to catch smokers. Haha

Come out with all sorts of rule but never enforce, what's the use?

The coffee shop near my place, the smokers smoke like nobody biz outside the yellow box. Called NEA, also no use.

Yup. I agree you. Nowadays, ppl don't even bother the law. Initially, the gov. stop ppl from smoking in covered car parks. Till today I still commonly see many doing that, like there is on enforcement at all. I think the gov is to soft on this. They should gear up enforcement personnel and with the help of digitalize CCTVs, before enforcing new rulings. Is just a nonsense new ruling without teeth. [laugh] [laugh]

I tot beach and parks are not allowed?? [hur] [hur] [hur]

Double standard [laugh] . Ppl who jog and exercise along connector parks and parks are the next to die sooner than living a health life. What a joke from policy makers.[laugh] [laugh]

Anyway, the ammouncment by NEA is one thing. Most important is enforcement. Nowadays, still seeing smokers smoking in non-smoking tables of the coffee shops. Coffee shop owners heck care, enforcement also not in existence.

End up talk only ...

The gov can ban chewing gum over night, thought is no danger to health. Why ban smoking where it kill others slowly instead of the smoker himself? Coz the tax revenue is sooooo.... good that it have turn policy maker wilfully-blind. That is really the weakness of human nations. Countless of 3rd party died of 2nd hand smoke of donkey years, that have been so call proven numbers, and yet no drastic action to it. We will continue to see more die from those who puff to neighbours windows next. [shakehead]

The gov can ban chewing gum over night, thought is no danger to health. Why ban smoking where it kill others slowly instead of the smoker himself? Coz the tax revenue is sooooo.... good that it have turn policy maker wilfully-blind. That is really the weakness of human nations. Countless of 3rd party died of 2nd hand smoke of donkey years, that have been so call proven numbers, and yet no drastic action to it. We will continue to see more die from those who puff to neighbours windows next. [shakehead]

Haha, actually i think the ban on chewing gum was done at a time when people somehow seemed more tolerant of such policies and restrictions (e.g. the COE was implemented in early 1990s, though i can't remember the exact year). I personally think that such a ban on chewing gum or even COE can never be introduced in our current climate.

But while i think a outright ban on smoking cannot be implemented, i think the government can still widen the ban to eventually make smoking prohibited in all public areas to limit the impact of smoking on the innocent public.

Edited by Jtay

It also have a huge impact on Tourism as well. So the best solution from a compromise point of view is to allow smoking, but restricted to very limited place.

For smokers, you can think of it as a good reasons to smoke less. Everyone wins.

Double standard [laugh] . Ppl who jog and exercise along connector parks and parks are the next to die sooner than living a health life. What a joke from policy makers.[laugh] [laugh]

No lah, I think something is wrong... Im a smoker and I am quite sure that park is not allow to smoke... unless the new rules removed park from the "non smoking aea" list in the coming ruling....

No smoking in more public areas from 15 January

SINGAPORE: Smoking will be banned in more public areas, when changes to the law kick in on 15 January to better protect the public from second-hand smoke.

This means smokers will not be able to light up at the common areas of all residential buildings, covered linkways and walkways, overhead pedestrian bridges, outdoor compounds of hospitals, as well as within a five-metre radius of bus shelters.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) will give the public time to get used to the changes.

Those caught smoking in the new areas in the first three months will be let off with a warning.

However, those who keep flouting the law even though they had been warned can be fined up to S$1,000.

NEA has been working with stakeholders to put up signage at places such as staircase landings and lift lobbies. Educational posters will be put up at bus stops.

Bins with ashtrays will be shifted or replaced with bins without ashtrays, and will be moved five metres away.

- CNA/ck

based on our courts decision, this means can smoke in the bus shelter.

Edited by Playtime

having a legislation is one thing... enforcement is another thing..

I hope they will just put a total ban on the sale of cigg la!

Have been trying to quit but failed so many times...

based on our courts decision, this means can smoke in the bus shelter.

it says not allow to smoke within 5 meter radius of bus shelters hor -_-

it says not allow to smoke within 5 meter radius of bus shelters hor -_-

But.... But.... Chief justice said ok one le.

Famous case le, the principle is same

But.... But.... Chief justice said ok one le.

Famous case le, the principle is same

what famous case? share links can?

Does that offset the health costs that burden the system?

You mean non-smoker dun use healthcare system?

You did some survey on the percentage? care to share?

Edited by Getzoooom

what famous case? share links can?

Candidates are not allowed within 200m of polling station.

But some very high profile ones were inside the station, the courts ruled that it was ok. Cos they were actually inside the polling station.

Anson election, google it.