mercedes c180

• Search this thread
193 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, would appreciate feedback on the merits of this 2 cars.
Obviously comments from existing C180 owners are appreciated.
Not sure how BMW owners can comment since the 316 is not on the road yet but perhaps
320 owners care comment? Admittedly its not a fair comparison since 320 is 2 litre. Tks!!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Look at this Nazi brute!

AMG is pumping more and more testosterone into Mercedes Benz cars! Very macho now!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    NOS-ed

Look at this Nazi brute!

AMG is pumping more and more testosterone into Mercedes Benz cars! Very macho now!

Wow, swee
"Viva Cuba Libre!"

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Civic6228
  • Civic6228
    6th Gear

Look at this Nazi brute!

TS asking about C180 and 316i ..... you post pic for the facelift E .....

I would go for the F30 316i as it is the newer model.... W204 started production in Y2007 and should be expecting a all new model soon. Only issue is that the 316i has only 136 BHP and the C180 output is 156 BHP.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Vectrasonic
  • Vectrasonic
    3rd Gear

U want more Ah Beng or Gentlemen look?

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

XenonWhite
  • XenonWhite
    4th Gear

I would go for the F30 316i as it is the newer model.... W204 started production in Y2007 and should be expecting a all new model soon. Only issue is that the 316i has only 136 BHP and the C180 output is 156 BHP.

316i only 136 bhp?? It's TC right?? Many NA 1.6L can churn out around that amount of bhp nowadays..

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Civic6228
  • Civic6228
    6th Gear

316i only 136 bhp?? It's TC right?? Many NA 1.6L can churn out around that amount of bhp nowadays..

Same engine as 116i .... no 318i as the specs would be too close to 320i. I cannot remember the 0 to 100 km/h .. I think the 316i is about 9 sec ... not bad.

Edited by Civic6228, 14 January 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged

he not get 2 yellow cards for nth leh laugh.gif

brnig the 316 go tune

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    6th Gear

U want more Ah Beng or Gentlemen look?

I want the gentlemen look! They both look like gentlemen leh but can't believe the 316 only 136hp??

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    6th Gear

I want the gentlemen look! They both look like gentlemen leh but can't believe the 316 only 136hp??

Wow, like this also someone can purchase a luxury car? You are almost buying online liao (without doing any ground work)!

Yes, it is 136hp only and 0-100 is 8.9s (Not bad)

Go through the following link for further details
http://www.pml-bmw.c...technical_data/

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    Supercharged

Since already pay close to $200k, why not buy 320?

It made no sense to buy 316. Don't tell me because FC or road tax.

Lastly, BMW is the toy. Not what is inside the car.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged

yes both also gentleman...

go aftermarket tune if u need the hp...otherwise the torque figures are good enough.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged

Since already pay close to $200k, why not buy 320?

It made no sense to buy 316. Don't tell me because FC or road tax.

Lastly, BMW is the toy. Not what is inside the car.

cannot like that say leh..later ask 320 then someone chime in ask why not 328..30k more....no end leh...

and agree..bmw is the UDM compared to peers of same level.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Akula
  • Premium member
    Akula
    6th Gear

Though TS asking for opinion of 316 vs C180,

Agree with what someone mention, why not go for the next higher, 320 vs C200?

Since the difference in COE btn CAT A and B now quite small, unlike previuosly where is abt $20K +/-.....

Unless the actual selling price is still huge, like $20K more expensive....

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    Supercharged

cannot like that say leh..later ask 320 then someone chime in ask why not 328..30k more....no end leh...

and agree..bmw is the UDM compared to peers of same level.

In previous round of COE, the price diff btw 316 & 320 is around $20k. I think the diff has dissappear now unless PML eat the diff.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    6th Gear

Though TS asking for opinion of 316 vs C180,

Agree with what someone mention, why not go for the next higher, 320 vs C200?

Since the difference in COE btn CAT A and B now quite small, unlike previuosly where is abt $20K +/-.....

Unless the actual selling price is still huge, like $20K more expensive....

So what's the price diff between 320 vs 316? If not mistaken is at least $30k?

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged

In previous round of COE, the price diff btw 316 & 320 is around $20k. I think the diff has dissappear now unless PML eat the diff.

wouldnt be surprise...i am amazed by the tricks AD have in their sleeves..

but back to topic...bmw anyday over merc

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

HP_Lee
  • HP_Lee
    5th Gear

Hi all, would appreciate feedback on the merits of this 2 cars.
Obviously comments from existing C180 owners are appreciated.
Not sure how BMW owners can comment since the 316 is not on the road yet but perhaps
320 owners care comment? Admittedly its not a fair comparison since 320 is 2 litre. Tks!!

Still prefer my new C180, though 320 is nice with it's lines. cool.gif

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    Supercharged

So what's the price diff between 320 vs 316? If not mistaken is at least $30k?

Might be if you are talking about sports line. It will matter to you if you going after the BMW badge. If not, who cares?

I used to drive E39 520 basic. The joy comes from driving the car & not what is inside the car.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    Supercharged

Why everyone quote horsepower but nobody quote torque? 220Nm @ 1,350 rpm, not bad what.

Peak hp at 4,350 rpm, peak torque at 1,350 rpm, looks like quite a flexible engine but not high revving, machiam diesel.
Nobody cares unless you're beautiful or dead.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

BMW 3 Series Sedan

BMW 3 Series Sedan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by qwertul  |  Clutched

Most fun to drive in its class

Test drove the 320i. Same engine as the 520i but immediately feels a lot more at home pulling the smaller car around. Engine doesn't feel underpowered as compared to being in the 5. Quick and responsive steering, but not much feel as expected... » Read More

BMW 3 Series Sedan

BMW 3 Series Sedan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by isjm91  |  Neutral Newbie

Excellent drivetrain and handling

the 328i's 2L turbo felt very torquey. coupled with the 8 speed auto, it was very quick on straights. the three driving modes were quite instinctive, eg. using it to suit your mood. eco when tired, sport when bored. compared to the 335i, it... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-benz C class

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)