Where to get Garmin battery replacement?

Billcoke

Navicomtechnology quoted $180 for battery replacement for Nuvi 1460, where else can I get the battery replaced at a reasonably good price?

↡ Advertisement

Try searching the internet for instruction. I changed my Nuvi 610 this way. Order the battery from ebay with instruction. Because they are clip on, expect some slight damage to the edge when opening with metal screw driver.

Supercharged

Navicomtechnology quoted $180 for battery replacement for Nuvi 1460, where else can I get the battery replaced at a reasonably good price?

Distributor is [knife]

$180 is definitely very expensive. If you are keen to DIY, I will search the MSM forum on this. I remember some time back someone posted a thread on how to replace the battery with pictures.

$180 is definitely very expensive. If you are keen to DIY, I will search the MSM forum on this. I remember some time back someone posted a thread on how to replace the battery with pictures.

Many thanks, would like to consider the DIY method.

Supercharged

Yes it's possible to DIY.

if iPhone battery can be DIY, anything else is possible........

Please go to this link to take a look how it is done. http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopi...hanging+battery You may have to log in as a member to view the thread. Although the device shown is an older model (Nuvi 300), the steps to be taken should be quite similar and it also shows you what are the necessary tools to get the job done.

Word of caution: Do it at your own risk! :D

Edited by Redstorm

Please go to this link to take a look how it is done. http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopi...hanging+battery You may have to log in as a member to view the thread. Although the device shown is an older model (Nuvi 300), the steps to be taken should be quite similar and it also shows you what are the necessary tools to get the job done.

Word of caution: Do it at your own risk! :D

ok, many thanks.

Neutral Newbie

There's a shop at the basement of Sim Lim Tower (older building) that sells all sorts of batteries. I have changed twice the build-in battery for my shaver there for below $15.

get a new one such as 40LM or 50LM lor..........they come with free lifetime map updates leh...and a 1 year warrant as well

Thanks.

You got the 40ML or 50ML, how good are they compared to the n