New HSR between SG-KL!

Thaiyotakamli

(edited)

Between Air & Train. I prefer train.

Don't have to deal with flight delays (especially budget airlines), Cabin pressure, turbulence, cramped seats. 

Took TW HSR & the experience is very pleasant. Ride is Smooth, stable & fast. Leg rooms are very sufficient, ride is quiet.

Edited by Keei
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

2026?

By 2022 some hyperloop system somewhere will set the new benchmark and hsr will look like steam engine even before completion. Then the pm of the hour will have 2nd thoughts and work will stall.

(And this week's 4d no is 8504)

Wait for it to finish construction, up and running dan say lah.

Ten years my son will become teenager, get private flying license from what youth flying club, fly to KL and back maybe faster dan HSR coz in between no stops. [laugh]

Hypersonic

300km+ talk so long and take forever to build.

China already build thousands and thousands kilometres.

Last year took HSR between shanghai and beijing was very impressed. No different from Japan Shinkansen and Germany ICE.

• Praise 4

300km+ talk so long and take forever to build.

China already build thousands and thousands kilometres.

Last year took HSR between shanghai and beijing was very impressed. No different from Japan Shinkansen and Germany ICE.

I also took guangzhou to shenzhen, also very impressed. Smooth ride, various class configuration, the first class got chio stewardess hehe. The terminal station very huge
  • Praise 2

China took just 2 years to complete the construction of The Shanghai–Nanjing Intercity High-Speed Railway (沪宁城际高速铁路).   The construction of this line began in July 2008. The line went into test operations in early April 2010, and opened for full service on July 1, 2010. The line has a design speed of 350 km/h (217 mph).  

I was in Shanghai for the EXPO in Sep 2010 and took the HSR from Shanghai to Nanjing and back to Shanghai.  The train took just 70 mins to cover the distance of about 301 km. The ride was comfortable and smooth.  

post-16380-0-66769400-1468953132_thumb.jpg

post-16380-0-53446200-1468953145_thumb.jpg

(edited)

If there's a will, there's a way. Enough said. What is lacking is the will.

Anyway, 300km+ is not economical and profitable to operate. They need to plan for further expansion...

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Anyway, 300km+ is not economical and profitable to operate. They need to plan for further expansion...

Future plan??? First thing to check is hair line crack!!!

Yeah saw a discovery program comparing the top 5 rail system in the world.

They say the Shanghai HSR is the shortest among the top 5.

As you said, economy wise, it will never be profitable at the current stage. It's main purpose is to haolian to the world that China has the tech know-how and expertise to build the fastest train (during that time)

If they already lost the race to the moon, they have to win at many others that comes along.

How much is the china high speed rail ticket?

from Shanghai to Beijing (1200km or 4x SIN-KL) 5 hour ride for about S$100.

Oh, IIRC is maglev. So the HSR and Maglev is different huh? hehe ok I go read up about it when I free.

Thanks for the correction!

HSR or MagLev ? Shanghai MagLev is very short distance but it is a different class of its own from other HSR.

(edited)

i'm skeptical on the ridership SG <> KL HSR

yes, a lot of sinkies go to msia during long holiday and festival but not for business travellers

Korea, Taiwan, Japan, China & Europe HSR is sucessful simply because of its population that generate the demand

by 2030 if spore reach 10M population ... i guess there is some support to HSR market

for msia domestic route ... i still believe driving is the best option ie: Johor > Melaka > Seremban > KL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

from Shanghai to Beijing (1200km or 4x SIN-KL) 5 hour ride for about S$100.

Yah.

I took the return trip between Shanghai and Beijing last Dec. Paid only about S$100.

For travel time of 5hr, is better than taking domestic flight in China. which are famous for long flight delay. 

Taking train I only need to arrive less than 1/2hr before departure. 

• Praise 1

China took just 2 years to complete the construction of The Shanghai–Nanjing Intercity High-Speed Railway (沪宁城际高速铁路).   The construction of this line began in July 2008. The line went into test operations in early April 2010, and opened for full service on July 1, 2010. The line has a design speed of 350 km/h (217 mph).  

I was in Shanghai for the EXPO in Sep 2010 and took the HSR from Shanghai to Nanjing and back to Shanghai.  The train took just 70 mins to cover the distance of about 301 km. The ride was comfortable and smooth.  

For those whom think Made in China is BS :a-noway: ......... here is my 2 cents  [:p]  

post-157298-0-58205600-1468979824_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

The way chinese gov pile the number of construction workers into their projects, it's understandable they can finish it in record time. 

For MY, i won't put my money on. Looking at how laid back the ppl there are, you can expect them to complete in 10yrs.

• Praise 1

i'm skeptical on the ridership SG <> KL HSR

yes, a lot of sinkies go to msia during long holiday and festival but not for business travellers

Korea, Taiwan, Japan, China & Europe HSR is sucessful simply because of its population that generate the demand

by 2030 if spore reach 10M population ... i guess there is some support to HSR market

for msia domestic route ... i still believe driving is the best option ie: Johor > Melaka > Seremban > KL

the target will very much for business on weekday, many would prefer the comfort on the train than rushing in and out airport, also the stable rider for them to work on their laptop. The immigration check for HSR will only be done once in singapore immigration, same like the good old choo choo train in the 70s   [laugh]  

↡ Advertisement