New HSR between SG-KL!

Thaiyotakamli

MagLev is Magnetic Levitation .. like Back to the Future. If you remember your last ride on MagLev, it literally is flying and at bends, it will tilt to one side. The speeds gets beyond 500kph I think, but more normally 400+ kph. The Windows are electronically slowing down the exterior views so passengers won't feel nauseas.

I've ridden on fast trains... never a MagLev... but the fast TGV's also tilt slightly during curves... 

Btw, what's this about windows slowing exterior views... sounds fantastic... any idea how it's done?

No idea how it works, that's what I was told.

http://www.baike.com/wiki/%E4%B8%8A%E6%B5%B7%E7%A3%81%E6%82%AC%E6%B5%AE%E5%88%97%E8%BD%A6

The tilt on MagLev was quite apparent, like you're flying in a plane.

i took this from SH airport, but they dun stop at down town hence not very convenience. Top speed 430km/h, didn't feel any special effect on the window while viewing outside leh, just like other normal glass.

someone post a youtube of the journey,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGR-md9328Q

It might not appear viable currently.

But the situation will be different in 10 years' time with many baby boomers retired or retiring, Gen X about 50 years old, population size exceeding 6.5 million to 7 million.

New opportunities will arise from more options provided.

This is all fair and good....but the question really is the economic benefits justifiable by the billions expected to pump into it?

morning yakun breakfast, lunch kl da tiao mien, dinner no signboard chilli crab? lol

It might not appear viable currently.

But the situation will be different in 10 years' time with many baby boomers retired or retiring, Gen X about 50 years old, population size exceeding 6.5 million to 7 million.

New opportunities will arise from more options provided.

• Praise 2

morning yakun breakfast, lunch kl da tiao mien, dinner no signboard chilli crab? lol

Most importantly, no more COE or ERP!

Most importantly, no more COE or ERP!

Yes save the COE, so in 10 years time is better to stay in KL and take the HSR to SG to eat the chilli crab.

• Praise 3

More movement of people = more movement of capital = more business opportunities.

Especially if the movement was due to business ventures.

Why does SG establish trading links worldwide?

Land scarce, some land and labour intensive industries can relocate North while the capital and expertise intensive industries can move South. Mitigating the causeway gridlock traffic can help make the decisions. Buy a car in Malaysia and run the business there. If need to can HSR back to SG.

Other benefits are for those seriously considering retirement options in Malaysia. 

I think the plan is to extend this to Thailand  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Yes save the COE, so in 10 years time is better to stay in KL and take the HSR to SG to eat the chilli crab.

If really happen, I believe I still get to travel to KL anytime I want with my family. Stay in bolehland, work in sg...Good choice!

(edited)

Aiyah, to get to the HSR station in KL itself jam 2 hours. LPPL... Hahaha....

There is LRT, MRT & KTM Kommuter.  What's jam?

Maybe in 1 or 2 years time, go jek will expand to KL.

Edited by Davidtch

Supercharged

10 years ha ha ha

More like 20 years minimum.

They've been talking about it for over 15 years already.

• Praise 1

You are naturally tilted already. [laugh]

It's meant to look normal I guess ? That's what they say.

Shanghai MagLev is not so practical, more of a demonstration system for novelty. I only took it once for fun. Like @Jman888 said, it doesn't get directly into the city, or even into Pudong CBD -- I think because of concerns with the magnetic field in highly populated areas.

The stopping power and distance is 300km/h to 0km/h in 0sec? cos it's using magnetic....the power magnet is unbelieveable!

• Praise 1

(edited)

aiya whatever la ...

initially ahjib kor anyhow shoot 2020 ...

then simi experts say probably 2022 ...

now MOU indicate 2026 ... realistically ... 2030 to 2035? [sly]

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/kl-singapore-rail-link-may-miss-2020-deadline-by-two-years

10 years ha ha ha

More like 20 years minimum.

They've been talking about it for over 15 years already.

Edited by Wt_know

If really happen, I believe I still get to travel to KL anytime I want with my family. Stay in bolehland, work in sg...Good choice!

However , the fare should be expensive ....

Come to square 1..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1