Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Think there is something wrong with my built-in oven . I can switch on the oven, but when i turn the selector (select different cooking) knob and the oven trip the house power supply.

Anyone can advise what is the problem?
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Think there is something wrong with my built-in oven . I can switch on the oven, but when i turn the selector (select different cooking) knob and the oven trip the house power supply.

oven up lorry alr

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

La_469
  • La_469
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

quite normal if u dun use the oven often.
What u can do is to remove the earth cable on ur oven plug.
Then plug in and turn on the oven for abt 5 min. Open the door for a while. DO NOT HOLD ANY METAL PARTS ON THE OVEN.
Then power it off and connect back ur earth wire.
Use the oven as per normal.

If cannot ...need to change oven already.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Did you use a normal household socket or the higher rated 15A a/c, oven type of socket?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Yes, your oven isn't being used as often as it should. The heating element is the issue, because it absorbs moisture, and thus that trips the power.
What you can do is slowly heat it up from a lower temperature, to dry the heating element, after this, turn on your oven every 2 weeks, to keep the element dry and this trip will not happen again.

If you haven't used it for a VERY VERY LONG while, then you would need to replace the element, price range is round $80-$120 direct from your oven agent.

What I did last time was put in a small little furnace, with a few pieces of red hot charcoal embers, left it in the oven door open for 45mins or so,
that dried out the element and things started working fine again. biggrin.gif
Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites :)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Yes, your oven isn't being used as often as it should. The heating element is the issue, because it absorbs moisture, and thus that trips the power.
What you can do is slowly heat it up from a lower temperature, to dry the heating element, after this, turn on your oven every 2 weeks, to keep the element dry and this trip will not happen again.

If you haven't used it for a VERY VERY LONG while, then you would need to replace the element, price range is round $80-$120 direct from your oven agent.

What I did last time was put in a small little furnace, with a few pieces of red hot charcoal embers, left it in the oven door open for 45mins or so,

Yeah, i haven't used it for a long time, maybe for about 1 year.

Will try your advice.
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Will try your advice.

OK lah, from now you can start baking CNY cookies and sell so that your oven won't trip again......... tongue.gif laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Kianbeng
  • Premium member
    Kianbeng
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Did anyone regret installing the built in oven?

I'm worried about furniture wrapping....so I want to have the oven as a separate appliance sitting on the kitchen top (can keep if seldom used). And they are quite cheap to replace the whole thing rather than having a built in oven, you'll always have to repair (costly) and since other brands might not fit in the same size ......

Any comments / experiences to share?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

simi furnace? you mean the clay receptacle which you use to bake kueh baulu siboh?

biggrin.gif
1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm worried about furniture wrapping....so I want to have the oven as a separate appliance sitting on the kitchen top (can keep if seldom used). And they are quite cheap to replace the whole thing rather than having a built in oven, you'll always have to repair (costly) and since other brands might not fit in the same size ......

i am rather happy with my convection oven. it is smaller, lighter, consumes less electricity and mobile. Of course the sizing is smaller. An alternative to people who don't want to have a cavernous conventional oven especially when you consider that most kitchens today are tiny.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Will try your advice.

One year is like reviving a dead horse. biggrin.gif no harm tryingTo part the Red Sea. biggrin.gif

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Had the same issue, didn't go for the built in,Had a oven and stove, and also a small electric oven,Cheaper and easier to maintain. Spoil, dump andGet a new one. Inbuilt, you have issues of the heat.And yes, the size is a bitch if you need to replace.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

simi furnace? you mean the clay receptacle which you use to bake kueh baulu siboh?

biggrin.gif

I have two. One for love letters and baulu is te smaller one.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have two. One for love letters and baulu is te smaller one.

Daiso. Grab the largest charcoal deodorising/dessicating package you can have. Maybe 3 or 4 depend on the cc capacity of your oven. Leave them in the void of your oven when not in use. Got to sun the charcoal every month and change it altogether every 6 month.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Daiso. Grab the largest charcoal deodorising/dessicating package you can have. Maybe 3 or 4 depend on the cc capacity of your oven. Leave them in the void of your oven when not in use. Got to sun the charcoal every month and change it altogether every 6 month.

That sheet is not gonna work.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i am rather happy with my convection oven. it is smaller, lighter, consumes less electricity and mobile. Of course the sizing is smaller. An alternative to people who don't want to have a cavernous conventional oven especially when you consider that most kitchens today are tiny.

You can bake one meh? biggrin.gif

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Half bake, bro. laugh.gif

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Half bake, bro. laugh.gif

Ah Huat?? biggrin.gif

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner

Ah Huat?? biggrin.gif

Ah Huat uses the thermal radiation oven, in short, body heat, he hug the oven,
and the temperature builds up. Very good for huat kuay. biggrin.gif

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

it can grill, bake and roast you horny slut.

biggrin.gif

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: built, oven, trip, house, power and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users