My built-in oven trip the house power supply

Donut

Supercharged

Think there is something wrong with my built-in oven . I can switch on the oven, but when i turn the selector (select different cooking) knob and the oven trip the house power supply.

Anyone can advise what is the problem?

↡ Advertisement

Think there is something wrong with my built-in oven . I can switch on the oven, but when i turn the selector (select different cooking) knob and the oven trip the house power supply.

oven up lorry alr

Neutral Newbie

quite normal if u dun use the oven often.

What u can do is to remove the earth cable on ur oven plug.

Then plug in and turn on the oven for abt 5 min. Open the door for a while. DO NOT HOLD ANY METAL PARTS ON THE OVEN.

Then power it off and connect back ur earth wire.

Use the oven as per normal.

If cannot ...need to change oven already.

Yes, your oven isn't being used as often as it should. The heating element is the issue, because it absorbs moisture, and thus that trips the power.

What you can do is slowly heat it up from a lower temperature, to dry the heating element, after this, turn on your oven every 2 weeks, to keep the element dry and this trip will not happen again.

If you haven't used it for a VERY VERY LONG while, then you would need to replace the element, price range is round $80-$120 direct from your oven agent.

What I did last time was put in a small little furnace, with a few pieces of red hot charcoal embers, left it in the oven door open for 45mins or so,

that dried out the element and things started working fine again. :D

Supercharged

Yes, your oven isn't being used as often as it should. The heating element is the issue, because it absorbs moisture, and thus that trips the power.

What you can do is slowly heat it up from a lower temperature, to dry the heating element, after this, turn on your oven every 2 weeks, to keep the element dry and this trip will not happen again.

If you haven't used it for a VERY VERY LONG while, then you would need to replace the element, price range is round $80-$120 direct from your oven agent.

What I did last time was put in a small little furnace, with a few pieces of red hot charcoal embers, left it in the oven door open for 45mins or so,

Yeah, i haven't used it for a long time, maybe for about 1 year.

Will try your advice.

Will try your advice.

OK lah, from now you can start baking CNY cookies and sell so that your oven won't trip again......... [:p][laugh]

Did anyone regret installing the built in oven?

I'm worried about furniture wrapping....so I want to have the oven as a separate appliance sitting on the kitchen top (can keep if seldom used). And they are quite cheap to replace the whole thing rather than having a built in oven, you'll always have to repair (costly) and since other brands might not fit in the same size ......

Any comments / experiences to share?

simi furnace? you mean the clay receptacle which you use to bake kueh baulu siboh?

:D

I'm worried about furniture wrapping....so I want to have the oven as a separate appliance sitting on the kitchen top (can keep if seldom used). And they are quite cheap to replace the whole thing rather than having a built in oven, you'll always have to repair (costly) and since other brands might not fit in the same size ......

i am rather happy with my convection oven. it is smaller, lighter, consumes less electricity and mobile. Of course the sizing is smaller. An alternative to people who don't want to have a cavernous conventional oven especially when you consider that most kitchens today are tiny.

Will try your advice.

One year is like reviving a dead horse. :D no harm tryingTo part the Red Sea. :D

Had the same issue, didn't go for the built in,Had a oven and stove, and also a small electric oven,Cheaper and easier to maintain. Spoil, dump andGet a new one. Inbuilt, you have issues of the heat.And yes, the size is a bitch if you need to replace.

simi furnace? you mean the clay receptacle which you use to bake kueh baulu siboh?

:D

I have two. One for love letters and baulu is te smaller one.

I have two. One for love letters and baulu is te smaller one.

Daiso. Grab the largest charcoal deodorising/dessicating package you can have. Maybe 3 or 4 depend on the cc capacity of your oven. Leave them in the void of your oven when not in use. Got to sun the charcoal every month and change it altogether every 6 month.

Daiso. Grab the largest charcoal deodorising/dessicating package you can have. Maybe 3 or 4 depend on the cc capacity of your oven. Leave them in the void of your oven when not in use. Got to sun the charcoal every month and change it altogether every 6 month.

That sheet is not gonna work.

i am rather happy with my convection oven. it is smaller, lighter, consumes less electricity and mobile. Of course the sizing is smaller. An alternative to people who don't want to have a cavernous conventional oven especially when you consider that most kitchens today are tiny.

You can bake one meh? :D