IPad Mini or Galaxy Tab 7.7

Ftco

I am looking for a 7" tablet for better portability over my IPad 3 and has narrowed down to the IPad mini or Galaxy Tab 7.7. The latter is older with a price around $528 vs $618 for the mini. Display wise, the tab seem better than the mini with its beautiful Amoled. Design wise both are about as slim and roughly equal size.

Which would you choose? Forumers who had used one or both, pls share your experience.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Used to have a tab 7.7, feels a bit laggy and there is no jellybean update.

Sold it for 430 and currently using a ipad mini.....much better!

Don't get both iPad mini and tab7.7

iPad mini gen 2 is coming out in march... Likely to maintain same price. So no reason to buy now. As for tab 7.7

No jellybean upgrade is one issue. Another issue is battery life is very bad after inupgrade to ics.

Don't get both iPad mini and tab7.7

iPad mini gen 2 is coming out in march... Likely to maintain same price. So no reason to buy now. As for tab 7.7

No jellybean upgrade is one issue. Another issue is battery life is very bad after inupgrade to ics.

One concern I have of the tab 7.7 is the older OS. Otherwise it's specs are good. Is there a planned replacement to this model? The tab 2 7.0 just can't compare with the tab 7.7 other than running on ICS?

As for the mini 2, better have retina display or I won't consider.

Neutral Newbie

I HAD BEEN USING NEXUS 7.... IT HAS NICE DISPLAY N I CAN USE IT AS A PORTABLE DEVICE AS I M ABLE TO STORE MANY PICTURES N OFFICE DOCUMENTS W/O USING DROPBOX OR GOOGLOE DRIVE

I HAD BEEN USING NEXUS 7.... IT HAS NICE DISPLAY N I CAN USE IT AS A PORTABLE DEVICE AS I M ABLE TO STORE MANY PICTURES N OFFICE DOCUMENTS W/O USING DROPBOX OR GOOGLOE DRIVE

Caps lock spoilt?

I am looking for a 7" tablet for better portability over my IPad 3 and has narrowed down to the IPad mini or Galaxy Tab 7.7. The latter is older with a price around $528 vs $618 for the mini. Display wise, the tab seem better than the mini with its beautiful Amoled. Design wise both are about as slim and roughly equal size.

Which would you choose? Forumers who had used one or both, pls share your experience.

I am using both, noticed Tab wifi is weaker and battery life is shorter. Mini is still the best.

Better to wait for iPad mini 2 in march!

I expect Ipad mini 2 to be significantly improved as the first one did not receive the fanfare like the other apple products.

I prefer iPad as more sturdy, my Nexus 7 dropped once and the screen cracked.

I miss out this model in my earlier consideration. Now one more to compare. The good about this model is the high ppi, competitive pricing, running on the current Jelly Bean. Any other pros and cons?

My wife & son is using ipad mini. I'm using galaxy tab 10.1 which updated to ICS. If comparing OS both have their strength and weakness. I had also seen the Galaxy tab 7.7 also. I find that the GT7 respond faster dan the ipad mini. It depends on your usage. Android supports bittorrent which I like but ipad have to covert the media files in order to play on their device. Android apps are mostly boring. I like the Apple apps more.

Buy both lah. :D

(edited)

Be it ipad or the mini version, you still can't put in in the pocket, & have to carry a bag, so I do not see much differences.

Only a phone is pocket-able. Tablet's main difference is in the weight and size. Of course the bag needed can also be smaller for a mini vs the full size one.

Edited by Ftco

I miss out this model in my earlier consideration. Now one more to compare. The good about this model is the high ppi, competitive pricing, running on the current Jelly Bean. Any other pros and cons?

Either the iPad mini or nexus 7. Forget the Samsung.

If u have an iPhone, get the nexus 7.

If u have an android phone, get the iPad mini.

Personally I like the build quality of the mini but the screen is a letdown.

I like the flexibility and freedom of the android OS in the nexus 7.

I think the current issue of hardwaremag has a comparo of the 2.

↡ Advertisement