Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

2k deposit? Nowadays no 15k deposit no talk. 5k for car booking, 10k for coe. In this case, the seller won't care if the coe lapse or not since the buyer already paid 15k total....buyer is in a more dire situation

Absolutely correct, my case I paid up $20K deposit.

So the time pressure on COE expiry is on my side not the PI.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone deals or have any reviews on "one kind trading pte Ltd"? Saw something which is interested in SGmart but not too sure if the dealer is ok. tIA!

• Praise 1

Have to say those dealers coming up with more innovative names.

i rich, one kind....

You really ONE KIND leh!

Hey bros, 

Just want to "air" and share about a 2nd hand car dealer (AB Zone) which I purchased from previously in 2015. I have since sold the car off "the right way" in 2016 and realised a huge loss. 

AB Zone advertised a Honda Civic Hybrid (1.3l) on SGCarMart, indicating that it is only 1 owner. I thought that was a good deal and paid a premium for it. I did not triangulate their advertisement by checking with the LTA car log printout. I didn't thought it will be that bad, but it was. Turns out: I was the 3rd owner per LTA records after the car was transferred!! OMG!

Issue 1: Advertisement cited 1 owner, but turns out, I'm the 3rd owner after it was transferred to me.

Issue 2: I asked for a reassurance that my hybrid car battery was working fine. They said that VICOM checks the hybrid battery condition. If I want, I can send it to VICOM at my cost (which I stupidly did). When the report does not show the hybrid battery result, they told me, "ya, VICOM does not check the hybrid battery condition". I was like "Huh? What talking you?"

Issue 3: Hybrid battery broke down after 1 week. In the end, we replaced a new set of hybrid batteries. I paid $800 and they paid $1,800 after a series of 
arguments

I purchased the car for $57,500 (45mths left) and sold the car to a dealer at $29,500 (30mths left). Further, I did all the hybrid batteries enhancement to prolong the life which cost me another $2K. For a short drive of 15mths, this car cost me $30,000. I'm not saying bad about hybrid cars, but if they had sold it to me at a fair price and did not falsely claimed those details, I guess I would have lost less money.

Oh well... my story has ended. Hope it is of good reference to 2nd hand car buyers out there and hope no more stories that will sprout from AB Zone.

Cheers.

Edited by thesiger
  • Praise 2

Anyone had bad experience with GV Credits before ?

Not a great experience just visiting them. Trying to brain wash you to take loan first even before seeing their fleet of vehicles. When trying to trade in, sneaky sales guy printed the log card at a much later date to offer a super lousy trade in (2k lower than the rest). I only realised when I took the printed slip to see but kept to myself to see what's up his sleeves.

Sales was called one name but when at the shop he introduced himself as another name.

Best part was the price on the ad shows 40k but when at the shop the indicated price is the loan you can take. Actual price is marked up to 47K. Loan interest at one time 3.98% then 5%, lastly said once your paper work for loan fixed liao then talk. I was like this is *crazy*

Sensing this is not right, I quickly Siam and drove off.

Edited by Xiao_qiang
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I also won't buy from argumentative dealers... everytime argue, how to talk?

"gearbox spoil is wear n tear la, you first time buy used car is it?" <---example only, argue already still accuse/ scold people. I remember this thread is about who you shouldn't buy from.

But JCSL, I better declare here before you scold or accuse people again: I am not calling you an Argumentative Dealer.

p.s. : I not sure if you dealer or not, just a wild guess

Yes I didn't take up their insurance or loan, but they arranged in total 5 meetings with the used car and owners until I finally decided on the 5th. So I guess I pay $250 for their good efforts cannot hiam liao.

As I said , buyer does not need to pay $250. the seller must pay

Not a great experience just visiting them. Trying to brain wash you to take loan first even before seeing their fleet of vehicles. When trying to trade in, sneaky sales guy printed the log card at a much later date to offer a super lousy trade in (2k lower than the rest). I only realised when I took the printed slip to see but kept to myself to see what's up his sleeves.

Sales was called one name but when at the shop he introduced himself as another name.

Best part was the price on the ad shows 40k but when at the shop the indicated price is the loan you can take. Actual price is marked up to 47K. Loan interest at one time 3.98% then 5%, lastly said once your paper work for loan fixed liao then talk. I was like this is *crazy*

You make me rem my long ago second hand car shopping.

That shop also tell me the same thing. Advertise price is the loan amount.The actual price is much higher.I just walk off.

They give a new coat of paint so everything looks new.Of cos is cheap paint.

A good engine wash.Whatever oil stain/leak all disappear.

This is call showroom condition.

Treat it as a lesson.

Edited by pChou

Few months ago I went with a friend to a dealer to look see as i am quite well verse in car mechanics. 

The first car look fine overall but it feel weird during the test drive. 2nd car exterior is good. Lower arm and shock have been changed b4 however, inspection of the dip stick show engine oil not will maintained.

3rd car, everything was good except the drive shaft is leaking grease. I conclude, most 2nd hand car would have at least some prob or another. 

Few months ago I went with a friend to a dealer to look see as i am quite well verse in car mechanics. 

The first car look fine overall but it feel weird during the test drive. 2nd car exterior is good. Lower arm and shock have been changed b4 however, inspection of the dip stick show engine oil not will maintained.

3rd car, everything was good except the drive shaft is leaking grease. I conclude, most 2nd hand car would have at least some prob or another. 

how you know EO not well maintained?

EO very fast turn black de

how you know EO not well maintained?

EO very fast turn black de

Dip stick and oil cap is coated with a layer of sludge

Case launches inspection checklist to help secondhand car buyers

SINGAPORE — With complaints about defective second-hand cars forming the bulk of cases it has seen in each of the past five years, the consumer watchdog has come up with a list of car parts potential buyers should get checked before signing off on deals.

Developed after consultation with motoring industry players, such as the Automobile Association of Singapore and Singapore Vehicle Traders Association, the checklist can be downloaded from the websites of the Consumers Association of Singapore (Case) and SgCarMart.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/case-launches-checklist-pre-owned-cars

• Praise 1

14 years ago in 2003 when mycarforum was still very young, I accompanied my father to kallang used car centre to view those coe till 08/2011 $18444 coe cars. I remember they advertised a 1993 corolla selling for 19.8k in the papers. When we went down, the dealer told us 19.8k is only the loan amount and the actual price is 43k. Crazy plus the condition of the cars are not very good with many smelling mushy and some perhaps multiple accidents.

My father ended up with a 1999 nissan sunny VIP B15 model which he paid 45k to drive for the remaining 6 years.

Edited by No_worries

Neutral Newbie

I feel you bro, got the exact similiar experience 2 days ago from Avant Automobile Pte Ltd(61 Ubi Ave 2 #04-16 AML Building tel: 6842 3331) from a salesman name Peter Quek hp no: 9489 3321.Bought a BMW 320i that was in a showroom condition with maintenance checklists from their workshop that stated car was 100% in good condition that was under warranty from E&F Automotive. Unfortunately met another customer of Peter Quek at the workshop that bought a Merc from him that also face the same issue as me.

Edited by pChou

Supercharged

unless dealer say absolutely nothing needs to be done for the next Xkm, then u can fault them if discover anything, else onus is on the buyer to inspect and find out for themselves.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Please never purchase any car with 70 Motorsports. They indulge in wrong practices and fool you around. There are two owners of this company you are a big trouble maker

Actually..when buying resales must always set aside 2k on top the buying price for wear and tear.

Dealer when taking in car won't sent the car to mechanics for assessment. Any seller willing to oblige?

So the onus is up to the buyer to inspect, repair and replace.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1