Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

anyone deal with sincere motoring or lakeview credits?any reviews..

U will Never Go Wrong With Lakeview. [cool]  [cool]  [cool]  [cool]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
Hi fellow MCF'ers,

I am looking to buy a second hand car (with about 3-4 years COE left) as my first car. Can anyone give me some customer feedback with regards to the following dealers, please? I am looking at some second hand cars from their garages.

1. Classic Credit Pte Ltd (61 Ubi Ave 2)

2. Sportsway Auto Trading (WCEGA Plaza)

3. Prem Roy Motoring (9 Tagore Lane)

Thank you!!!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Another dealer "Star Link" bite the dust

Buyer kana big time and really "Link to the Star"

=================================== 

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_PIdealer.php?dcode=1285

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170503-755909

新民巷车行起风波,老板疑挪用顾客订金还债,至少10名顾客付了钱却领不到车,已知涉及款项至少达25万元,警方到场调查。

被指无法准时交车的车行,是位于新明巷门牌22号一楼的Star Link。

记者昨午接到读者来电后到访,发现车行大门紧锁,没有营业,但店内还停放着三辆崭新的汽车,并没有人去楼空的迹象。

其中一辆白色休旅车是阮先生(41岁)预定的,他隔着窗户看着自己的新车,告诉记者:“原本上周五拿车,店员推说老板不在,改约在昨天拿车,谁知却大门紧锁。”

约近10名领不到车的顾客围聚在车行门前,他们有的约好昨天到车行拿车,有的听到风声特意下来查看。

他们手中空握有买车单据,却拿不到车。

潘女士(53岁,销售业)受访时说:“本来定好了昨晚交车,但车行的电话从昨早就打不通了,到现场看到这么多人,就知道糟糕了。”

她感叹说:“看了报纸很多类似事件,本来以为自己很小心,谁知自己还是一时大意,连车都没看到,就交了3万5000元。”

10名受影响的顾客已经支付了从1万元到5万5000元不等的金额,已知涉及的金额达25万元。

失望的顾客们见车行大门紧闭,又联系不上车行老板和销售人员,担心自己的钱打水漂,便选择报警。

警方随后到场调查。

据悉,警员后来联系上了负责销售的车行工作人员,对方指老板要她们今天不要开店,其他的事情并不清楚。

完整报道,请翻阅03.05.2017《联合晚报》。

• Praise 1

Another dealer "Star Link" bite the dust

Buyer kana big time and really "Link to the Star"

=================================== 

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_PIdealer.php?dcode=1285

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20170503-755909

新民巷车行起风波,老板疑挪用顾客订金还债,至少10名顾客付了钱却领不到车,已知涉及款项至少达25万元,警方到场调查。

被指无法准时交车的车行,是位于新明巷门牌22号一楼的Star Link。

记者昨午接到读者来电后到访,发现车行大门紧锁,没有营业,但店内还停放着三辆崭新的汽车,并没有人去楼空的迹象。

其中一辆白色休旅车是阮先生(41岁)预定的,他隔着窗户看着自己的新车,告诉记者:“原本上周五拿车,店员推说老板不在,改约在昨天拿车,谁知却大门紧锁。”

约近10名领不到车的顾客围聚在车行门前,他们有的约好昨天到车行拿车,有的听到风声特意下来查看。

他们手中空握有买车单据,却拿不到车。

潘女士(53岁,销售业)受访时说:“本来定好了昨晚交车,但车行的电话从昨早就打不通了,到现场看到这么多人,就知道糟糕了。”

她感叹说:“看了报纸很多类似事件,本来以为自己很小心,谁知自己还是一时大意,连车都没看到,就交了3万5000元。”

10名受影响的顾客已经支付了从1万元到5万5000元不等的金额,已知涉及的金额达25万元。

失望的顾客们见车行大门紧闭,又联系不上车行老板和销售人员,担心自己的钱打水漂,便选择报警。

警方随后到场调查。

据悉,警员后来联系上了负责销售的车行工作人员,对方指老板要她们今天不要开店,其他的事情并不清楚。

完整报道,请翻阅03.05.2017《联合晚报》。

after seeing this news me myself also scared.

Make a deal on jan but until nw no delivery of my car. Pi keep delaying weeks by weeks....

really piss off..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Please be beware of 2nd hand car dealers! Cannot trust them.

Recently, I bought a peugeot RCZ from;

Hamilton Autohub Pte. Ltd. 

15 Commonwealth Ln, Singapore 149554

Phone6469 0870

Lot 8.

The salesperson say the car guarantee no problem because previous owner seldom drive the car. Salesperson told us that, if we bring this matter up to CASE, sure lose. This is like threatening the buyers, so that buyers will not bring this matter up to CASE. Don't know how many buyers would have fell into this trap because of what the salesperson say to them. They might have paid the repairs on their own cost. Bought the car less than 1 month, all the problem surface up. Bad black oil leakage, cold start of the engine, ABS sensor spoil. Send the car to their workshop at Ubi, Mirage Motorwerkz. Technician said car got alot of problem and need to fix it. Dealer do not want to pay for the repairs and keep saying that they don't know how much the repairs are. Keep asking us to speak to workshop. Very irresponsible. 

I would like to share my very recent experience with one used car dealer at Commonwealth.

I though I am so careful but ended up no, that's not the case.

Ignore about all the story. Everything look just like normal. He offered the price without covering this and that, all stated clearly, and I understood and agreed.

Now come to money that is not on the car directly.

Admin charge $600. I request for discount but he said that's fix, no discount. Fine, no complaint to it since it is something I agreed.

On the spot, he told me there will be an extra charge from bank loan for COE car. I had been clarify with him 2 times, he confirmed that it is BANK CHARGE so I have to pay to BANK(thru them). The amount is 800.

I had check with bank and confirmed from the account manager that the actual amount that bank charge is 200, not 800.

After I clarify with him again, he finally admit that this bank loan charge is 200. The other 600 is bla bla bla, tonnes of excuse, which will end up goes into their own pocket. You know I know.

Insurance. He told me their company policy is I have to purchase insurance through them otherwise there will be a penalty of 300~400. Ok fine, I understand that they can earn some commission from here. Let it be.

The gimmick here is, I receive my cover note and realized that premium charged by insurance company is about $1650. However, the amount they charged me on the insurance is $1770.

He explained to me that their company has no 'link' with this insurance company hence they are not receiving any commission from the 1650, hence he charge me the extra amount, as their commission.

I had then check with insurance company and realized that actual amount I need to pay is $1650. Insurance company will then issue the commission to them from this $1650. So, the difference of 120, is 'additional' commission he make on top of the commission from $1650.

And, I understand that the roadtax should be covered when they renew COE. Later then I found out that that is not the case. He said he is not aware that renew COE doesn't cover the roadtax hence I have to bear the roadtax by myself. Keep telling me the car is so cheap that they doesn't earn much from the car.

Ok, that's my experience. Not sure is it something new but really hope more people can read this can stay alert.

Hi there, was it with Hamilton Autohub Pte Ltd at Commonwealth?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Need advice from experienced bros here..

Gotten a used car 2 days ago, sent for servicing myself the next day immediately and my mechanic checked and found the engine mount needs replacement. He advise me to return to car dealer workshop and get them to settle. In this case, would they be responsible? Or I'm not lucky enough and have to bear the costs?

There are also issues with the power window and fuel gauge. Im pretty sure he has to get these two done for me. In any case, would the dealer deny the responsibility for all these?

Any way to insist that they have to be get the repairs done for me without me bearing any costs?

TIA.

• Praise 1

been reading this thread for so long..found that people hardly to mention wat car they are driving or buying, n also mention the dealer name n place?...aisehbedahh..

Need advice from experienced bros here..

Gotten a used car 2 days ago, sent for servicing myself the next day immediately and my mechanic checked and found the engine mount needs replacement. He advise me to return to car dealer workshop and get them to settle. In this case, would they be responsible? Or I'm not lucky enough and have to bear the costs?

There are also issues with the power window and fuel gauge. Im pretty sure he has to get these two done for me. In any case, would the dealer deny the responsibility for all these?

Any way to insist that they have to be get the repairs done for me without me bearing any costs?

TIA.

• Praise 1

Is a 50/50 situation. Once you drive out the car..Onus is on you to maintain and repair all faults. I always said buying resales always set aside 1 to 2k for all sorts of repairs within 1 month.

Some resales PI do honest minor repairs but most of them are of so call big PI.

Supercharged

Phone: 6469 0870

Lot 8.

The salesperson say the car guarantee no problem because previous owner seldom drive the car. Salesperson told us that, if we bring this matter up to CASE, sure lose. This is like threatening the buyers, so that buyers will not bring this matter up to CASE. Don't know how many buyers would have fell into this trap because of what the salesperson say to them. They might have paid the repairs on their own cost. Bought the car less than 1 month, all the problem surface up. Bad black oil leakage, cold start of the engine, ABS sensor spoil. Send the car to their workshop at Ubi, Mirage Motorwerkz. Technician said car got alot of problem and need to fix it. Dealer do not want to pay for the repairs and keep saying that they don't know how much the repairs are. Keep asking us to speak to workshop. Very irresponsible.

claim under lemon law lor

He guys, i'm new here. Reason for me to create this account is bcos my friend told me that here is the best place to get advice for buying second hand car hahah.. as this is going to be my 3rd car im going to own, i need help from those guru's here hehe as back then my late dad use to do for me. Anyw this is the car that i'm interested in. Anyone bought from this dealer before? If yes. Care to share the dealer whether is it good or bad? Thanks! :-)

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=595565

• Praise 1

He guys, i'm new here. Reason for me to create this account is bcos my friend told me that here is the best place to get advice for buying second hand car hahah.. as this is going to be my 3rd car im going to own, i need help from those guru's here hehe as back then my late dad use to do for me. Anyw this is the car that i'm interested in. Anyone bought from this dealer before? If yes. Care to share the dealer whether is it good or bad? Thanks! :-)

Be very very very wary of buying from any dealer in Turf City.

• Praise 2

(edited)

warning sign no 1 : mileage not stated.

gosh, a lot of you newbies really don't make the effort to read up on past sharings in this thread.  [smash]

Edited by Blueray

2nd hand cars from dealers are crazy expensive now at minimum 10k depre/year which is way more expensive than a brand new car. 

if you can afford the 30% dp, go for a brand new car instead.

if you cannot even afford the 30% dp and needs to take a 90% loan from dealers or in house loans, don't even buy a car else every month end up eating bread. 

if you die die want to get a car left with 2-3 years then aim for direct owners instead of dealers.

forget about what warranty/free servicing/checks/car wash that dealers offer you or entice you with, they are probably rubbish and you can forget about claiming against them. 

• Praise 1

by the time people come here to kpkb, already too late. Should spread the word and come MCF to ask the seasoned bros here BEFORE buying the car .... 

And please please please, send the car to ONLY AAS for pre-purchase-inspection. No where else, unless your own brother or father or your best friends owns a workshop. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Phone: 6469 0870

Lot 8.

The salesperson say the car guarantee no problem because previous owner seldom drive the car. Salesperson told us that, if we bring this matter up to CASE, sure lose. This is like threatening the buyers, so that buyers will not bring this matter up to CASE. Don't know how many buyers would have fell into this trap because of what the salesperson say to them. They might have paid the repairs on their own cost. Bought the car less than 1 month, all the problem surface up. Bad black oil leakage, cold start of the engine, ABS sensor spoil. Send the car to their workshop at Ubi, Mirage Motorwerkz. Technician said car got alot of problem and need to fix it. Dealer do not want to pay for the repairs and keep saying that they don't know how much the repairs are. Keep asking us to speak to workshop. Very irresponsible.

Unethical gangsters short of cheats in eyes of the law. Stay away, Tts all I hav to say.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1