Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

Hi bros,

I'd like to ask if anyone had experience or any comments with Auto Nexus Pte Ltd in Ubi?

Thinking of getting a used car from them.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Please advise on what action I should take

I bought a car from Cars Inn Credit Pte Ltd at woodlands on 19/7/14.

The salesman Alvin Ng, made a lot of empty promises to fix up my ride but it wasn't done upon collection. (I have it written in a separate T&C)

1) Re-spray Damage/dented panels/scratches

2) Clean/Polish/Wax/Condition Interior & Exterior of car

3) to fix all faults that is reported on the cars onboard computer

The advertisement that they placed on sgcarmart is false and misleading.

1) It says that it has keyless engine start but doesn't

2) New tires and rim- tires are 2010 and rims are resprayed

3) Like Brand new condition- just went Eurohuas and did inspection repair cost was estimated at $8k+

There are other issues as well. 

Should I just fix it up and go small claims or refer to CASE before fixing?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My Father brought a van from AVIL Motor at Commonwealth and the salesman gave fully assurance that the van is in the tip top condition. With a month, the van has a serious oil leak. I went back to the salesman and he simply ignores and refuses to look into the issue and claimed that it is not his problem anymore. Please think twice if you intend to purchase used car from AVIL.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, did anyone have the experience of going to the 2nd dealer named amg automobile express?

cos i have a painful one for sure.

sianz 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I went down to Car Inn Pte Ltd in Woodlands today after making a appointment at 4pm with them to view the car. I drove down with a friend from Bedok to Woodlands. When I reached, they said it was a consignment vehicle and not available. Asked me to view other cars. I told them I took leave and came all the way down from the east. Yet they were not at all apologetic. Said "Singapore is very small". Terrible service and terrible experience. Won't come again.

• Praise 1

Check if in their advert they have listed as consignment

Consignment cars are usually with owner or can be taken away by owner anytime

Profit margin for dealer is usually not high for consignment

Based on limited info, dont think dealer did this on purpose, probably mixed up by one of the staff

But agree that they should have better service recovery when mistakes are made and not "at all not apologetic"

I went down to Car Inn Pte Ltd in Woodlands today after making a appointment at 4pm with them to view the car. I drove down with a friend from Bedok to Woodlands. When I reached, they said it was a consignment vehicle and not available. Asked me to view other cars. I told them I took leave and came all the way down from the east. Yet they were not at all apologetic. Said "Singapore is very small". Terrible service and terrible experience. Won't come again.

• Praise 10

Hi, Anyone dealt with Cars 88 in Mackenzie before? Care to share?

No offence, but 99+176=275 pages to plough through and the search function isn't really very helpful.

Appreciate comments & feedback please.

Thanks.

Edited by Terrylmt
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I went down to Car Inn Pte Ltd in Woodlands today after making a appointment at 4pm with them to view the car. I drove down with a friend from Bedok to Woodlands. When I reached, they said it was a consignment vehicle and not available. Asked me to view other cars. I told them I took leave and came all the way down from the east. Yet they were not at all apologetic. Said "Singapore is very small". Terrible service and terrible experience. Won't come again

they did the exact same thing to me, same company. wtf i asked them to confirm the car was there too. and they also do false advertisement.

Essentially what they did was advertise they have an m3 for sale, i texted to say i want to view the car and then went down as it was a good price, i even ask him to confirm the price, so when i reached there they tell me someone took the car out and it wont be back for the day, ask me to look at other cars.  

but based on the pics of the car, they had actually used a normal 3 series masquerading as an m3. could recognise by the bodykit, and they could blatantly tell such lies. imagine if anyone buys a car from them. 

• Praise 1

they did the exact same thing to me, same company. wtf i asked them to confirm the car was there too. and they also do false advertisement.

Essentially what they did was advertise they have an m3 for sale, i texted to say i want to view the car and then went down as it was a good price, i even ask him to confirm the price, so when i reached there they tell me someone took the car out and it wont be back for the day, ask me to look at other cars.

but based on the pics of the car, they had actually used a normal 3 series masquerading as an m3. could recognise by the bodykit, and they could blatantly tell such lies. imagine if anyone buys a car from them.

You guys are not alone..

I kena it about 1 year plus ago too..... i stayed in the South, went all the way up North to Woodlands after confirming with the SE that the car I wanted to see was available. Upon reaching, I just couldn't get him on the phone and so I walked into the showroom to look for him. His colleague said he is busy with another customer and he will help me instead, and kept pushing me to look at cars I don't want to see. I stood firm and told him I came for a particular car, and he told me it is not at the showroom for viewing or something like that...

In short, I lost contact with the SE that confirmed with me the car and an appointment time, and I didn't get to view the car that i wanted to see. Never been back to them since

Edited by Notsogoodman

Hi Guys,

Can i get any reviews for AB ZONE used car dealer?

Any bad experience dealing with them

I got my first car (colt) about 6yrs back from ab zone. Dealer name is ben. I need a car urgently back then and was a noob in buying car.

Car window motor spoil.

Side mirror motor spoil.

Battery give up on me less than 2 days after driving. The battery swell it is going to explode.

Aircon not working after few weeks.

It is partly my fault bcoz i didnt check. But ben have no integrity at all. I called him on all this prob and he said it is wear n tear. Wtf.

And the car was freaking dirty when i took over. Im too kan cheong in taking over the car.

Hi, any reviews on starbright auto? Their cars seems to be well kept and price seems reasonable.

Edited by Ijuzjoin
  • Praise 1

Since you had gone thru those nightmare, ask yrself whether you should trust them again? Maybe another fantasy dream comes thru. Knows your right and check out as much as possible for defects......

• Praise 1

Just avoid such car dealers, you are the customer and have a right to know. Since they are unethical, they are unlikely to be truthful for the vehicles conditions.

• Praise 1

Hi, anyone got any opinion regarding volvo s40? Maintenance wise and performance. Any 2nd hand dealer to reco?

Happy repairing and depreciate while car is not movable :)

If i'm not wrong, Consignment is just a way for them to avoid lemon law. 

No way to avoid if the car was transferred out from the dealer and not a direct transfer from seller to buyer, unless loan is involved and they have to show you that the owner PIN is still valid and the transfer in to dealer was for disbursement of loan.

My Father brought a van from AVIL Motor at Commonwealth and the salesman gave fully assurance that the van is in the tip top condition. With a month, the van has a serious oil leak. I went back to the salesman and he simply ignores and refuses to look into the issue and claimed that it is not his problem anymore. Please think twice if you intend to purchase used car from AVIL.

Bro, commmercial entity not liable for lemon/orange/apple law

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Silly me, I saw the below clauses in fine print after signing the sales agreement. Already placed Deposit 1 K, and going to make full payment with no loan and insurance is bought though the same used car dealer.

"Admin fee of $500.00 is compulsory. There will be compulsory surcharge of $200.00 and $500.00 for insurance and financing respectively from external sources other than **** (car dealer name) **** Pte Ltd"

Now the dealer is asking for additional $800.00 from me ($500 admin, $300 additional admin for COE vehicle)

Can I not pay this fee? Is there a chance to cancel the agreement and get back my deposit? Appreciate any advice ya. Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1