Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

there is no such thing like admin fee, i just walk off upon hearing it, i ask the dealer to absorb or the seller (if consignment) to absorb the fee, what is there to earn has already been earned, i dont see why the need over hundreds for admin fees

period 

Even those in the reputable list like Lake View also imposed admin fee. I bought one car from them few years ago. Apparently admin fee is the sales agent commission.

↡ Advertisement

Even those in the reputable list like Lake View also imposed admin fee. I bought one car from them few years ago. Apparently admin fee is the sales agent commission.

To me , it is fine if all the required fees are declared upfront allowing the buyer to have a clear view on total cost of ownership. The problem with some unscrupulous dealers is that they will name a customer a price, upon paying deposit then they start to ask for admin fees. The more ridiculous one will ask for a exorbitant sum, and must buy insurance and finance package that is way higher than market norm.
  • Praise 1

To me , it is fine if all the required fees are declared upfront allowing the buyer to have a clear view on total cost of ownership. The problem with some unscrupulous dealers is that they will name a customer a price, upon paying deposit then they start to ask for admin fees. The more ridiculous one will ask for a exorbitant sum, and must buy insurance and finance package that is way higher than market norm.

exactly that is why they have such a bad reputation..and even those few good dealers(i dont know if there are any)also get stereo type and they give the used car industry a VERY BAD name...same thing with property agents a few years ago until BIG BROTHER stepped in to regulate things...i doubt they will ever do anything about these guys..so i get we bros need to look out for each other and just raise the flag...with threads like this

• Praise 1

Anybody have any experience with Sincere Motoring???

i have actually listed afew dealer previously at around ubi area. sincere motoring have one of the cheapest car in the market.. i went down during the trip around ubi. tbh the condition of the car seem ok, but im not good with car. but i think after visiting so many dealer thru the week, im kinda of skeptical regarding cheap car and reading the review. because in the end, they will even add up afew thousand hidden fee making up the price to be the same as bigger dealer or reputable dealer. in the end i came into conclusion, there will be cheap and good car BUT there will be a hidden fees behind to cover up the " cheap " and then becoming the same price overall purchasing from small dealer. and after manhanttan issue... i think purchasing from reputable dealer / bigger dealer will be much more safer.

There is some important factor that i factor in..

buying from small dealer,

pro

- cheaper

con

- not sure even will transfer over ownership ( might not be all small dealer will do, but better be safe than sorry )

- not all dealer will honor their words after deposit being put

- not able to go thru STA/AA check, even if have to go thru STA/AA check, consumer have to pay and they will just say Grade B etc..

- lesser choice of car

- hidden fees upon deposit being put

- admin fees

buying from bigger / reputable dealer

pro

- much more safe irregardless of transfer of ownership or condition of car ( as they wont want to bring down their own reputation )

- not rejecting STA/AA check

- much more choices of car

- much more transparent , not much hidden fees

con

-much more expensive

- admin fees

so i think if we want to be more kiasu and safe, can get from bigger dealer but paying slightly much more abit.

during the weekend i think i will go visit afew bigger dealer before i can make a firm conclusion tho. Just my own thoughts, money lei... kena scam or getting into a unhappy issue with the car, confirm si bei sian..

from a happy event become until si bei sick and tired.

actually what are the admin fees for? is it the car commission for the sale person itself? or is there really an admin fee? im not very sure..

i hear before people saying about admin fee is for dealer to cover their interest rate when they "floor" the car.

wth does flooring the car actually mean? 

Wah. Must hv caused u alot of trouble. Hope your car is working fine for you now @guoxiong

well being done up. still running but cant stress it. u stress the car, the car will revenge and stress you back lol.

finger cross. lol

this amg automobile express is a family business. both of them like crocks. you dono what will happen to you.

Edited by guoxiong
  • Praise 1

i have actually listed afew dealer previously at around ubi area. sincere motoring have one of the cheapest car in the market.. i went down during the trip around ubi. tbh the condition of the car seem ok, but im not good with car. but i think after visiting so many dealer thru the week, im kinda of skeptical regarding cheap car and reading the review. because in the end, they will even add up afew thousand hidden fee making up the price to be the same as bigger dealer or reputable dealer. in the end i came into conclusion, there will be cheap and good car BUT there will be a hidden fees behind to cover up the " cheap " and then becoming the same price overall purchasing from small dealer. and after manhanttan issue... i think purchasing from reputable dealer / bigger dealer will be much more safer.

There is some important factor that i factor in..

buying from small dealer,

pro

- cheaper

con

- not sure even will transfer over ownership ( might not be all small dealer will do, but better be safe than sorry )

- not all dealer will honor their words after deposit being put

- not able to go thru STA/AA check, even if have to go thru STA/AA check, consumer have to pay and they will just say Grade B etc..

- lesser choice of car

- hidden fees upon deposit being put

- admin fees

buying from bigger / reputable dealer

pro

- much more safe irregardless of transfer of ownership or condition of car ( as they wont want to bring down their own reputation )

- not rejecting STA/AA check

- much more choices of car

- much more transparent , not much hidden fees

con

-much more expensive

- admin fees

so i think if we want to be more kiasu and safe, can get from bigger dealer but paying slightly much more abit.

during the weekend i think i will go visit afew bigger dealer before i can make a firm conclusion tho. Just my own thoughts, money lei... kena scam or getting into a unhappy issue with the car, confirm si bei sian..

from a happy event become until si bei sick and tired.

actually what are the admin fees for? is it the car commission for the sale person itself? or is there really an admin fee? im not very sure..

i hear before people saying about admin fee is for dealer to cover their interest rate when they "floor" the car.

wth does flooring the car actually mean?

I been to 1 so call bigger dealer .... also choot pattern .... saw their ad went down show me another car .... when insist wanna look at the car from the ad (blue wish) sales guy just anyhow point to a car outside which wasnt a wish and its green !!!!

I been to 1 so call bigger dealer .... also choot pattern .... saw their ad went down show me another car .... when insist wanna look at the car from the ad (blue wish) sales guy just anyhow point to a car outside which wasnt a wish and its green !!!!

apparently bigger dealer are also jerk somehow... but i think at least it'll be much safer if we are talking about hidden charges / quality of cars / transfer of ownership. irregardless i think how we think put it, there will always be ways for used car dealer to play around with :/ just whether if it burn pocket or burn your time.

no choice, if got money go buy new car liao, hahahaha. 

Which dealer is that?

i'm looking to buy a used civic and found this dealer who is selling one.

sales price and admin fees agreed. also telling them that i need to get a high loan (90%)

the market practice by these dealers is they would submit the car selling price higher so as to secure a higher loan amount

for a buyer like me. now my laon application is approved. then i got a list of breakdown costs from the salesman.

admin fees $500 + another $800 for the finance coy.

surcharge $1200 for marking up my car price so as to secure higher loan. :lll._.:   

what is this surcharge? is this a norm practice?

TIA 

Edited by Yeobt

sales price and admin fees agreed. also telling them that i need to get a high loan (90%)

the market practice by these dealers is they would submit the car selling price higher so as to secure a higher loan amount

for a buyer like me. now my laon application is approved. then i got a list of breakdown costs from the salesman.

surcharge $1200 for marking up my car price so as to secure higher loan. :lll._.:

TIA

Walau eh, simi surcharge! Your high loan oredi factored in a higher interest rate Liao if I'm not wrong.... Edited by Hoseyboh

he says the surcharge is to compensate the coy for the taxes it needs to bear for the higher selling price (reported higher to secure higher loan).

am still thinking if i should just walk away from this deal or not.  [furious]

he says the surcharge is to compensate the coy for the taxes it needs to bear for the higher selling price (reported higher to secure higher loan).

am still thinking if i should just walk away from this deal or not. [furious]

$500 admin fee oredi daylight robbery liao....

TIA

Which dealer ??

they never told you the cost of admin fees + finance fees + "surcharge" before hand?

sibei cunning ... i'm okay to pay whatever surcharge they want to charge as long as they told the buyer in advance

am still thinking if i should just walk away from this deal or not.  [furious]

↡ Advertisement