Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

There's no such thing as a good used car dealer, only a good deal for them. When the deal is good for them, they are good to you. Like admin fees and what not. This is because having good service does not get returning customer, because people's decision is choosing which car to buy , not which dealer to buy from.

↡ Advertisement

There's no such thing as a good used car dealer, only a good deal for them. When the deal is good for them, they are good to you. Like admin fees and what not. This is because having good service does not get returning customer, because people's decision is choosing which car to buy , not which dealer to buy from.

actually i dont agree on this, my uncle have been following the same sale person for quite the past few car he changed ( he buy those 1year+ car ). it's like becoming friends with the sale person. but now the sale person also uncle liao, retire already. need to check out which dealer he actually went.

they never told you the cost of admin fees + finance fees + "surcharge" before hand?

sibei cunning ... i'm okay to pay whatever surcharge they want to charge as long as they told the buyer in advance

all these are the undertable money once you place a deposit, that why not all dealer are transparent enough. i have went around today as well, when i tried to ask them what fee they have, smaller dealer actually just try to skip the question by saying, admin fee, transfer fee, and one of them worse of all said " after you able to confirm then i'm able to count for you the exact amount " ; much more like counting their own commission. XXXfair motoring

damn sian, need to make a decision before next week liao.. tomorrow another day of scouting around and feel numb about all those hidden fee and worries... just feel like just give them and sua sua ki, but like abit stupid give them earn at the same time. my car due date is end of december jialat already.. any advise ?

Only partly true

No doubt Dealers are businessmen, so good deals are important to them

But good businessmen know that they have to provide good service not just to get return service but build a good reputation and more will come through referrals via word of mouth.

For bigger car dealers or even medium sized ones like those who pride themselves and always aiming to get premium dealer awards, they take all the added measures not just for the service but also for the cars they are taking in.

Their prices are higher but buyers have better peace of mind.

So as buyers, we cannot expect to pay the cheapest cars as though they are brand new 

From my previous experiences in buying older used cars, invariably the so called "cheapest" used cars for any models in the market always have a hidden reason why it is the "cheapest". As price conscious buyers, unfortunately sometimes we put ourselves in a weak position to take the risk.

• Praise 4

yeah! Good news~ Went around and then finally found a car, the make and model i like and tht color, price might be slightly much more expensive.. overall was a pleasant experience. ( will revel the company name later on, now 1st day only, hopefully no nightmare ^^)

Went to a bigger dealer in the end, feel much more safe. ( my wife agree as well, AML too many tiger awaiting for us to enter their tiger den ) 

Overall experience 4/5 --> Price is slightly much more expensive but then condition is far way better than those selling cheap ( able to compromise on condition than price, the time i spend on the car is much more than i lie on my bed, there fore in the end i choose condition better ) & there was an admin fee of $500...... ( was quite reluctant to pay the admin but in the end, i must really say that this company gave me a totally W-O-W feeling, totally opposite of what i've seen for the past 1 week )

But after the admin fees of $500, what i got from the dealer was 1 FOC servicing & FOC STA check & dealer will do up the car if there is anything that fail, or even oil leak ( was very surprise, this was the first time i heard this ). 

Apparently there was something starting when it seem fishy.. 

they request to agree on the price before test drive but no deposit being placed at the point of moment until after test drive, after hearing their explaination, i do agree as well. 

& in the end the experience CURRENTLY is 4/5. ( 1 point for price )

Will update when i receive the car or if anything went wrong.

Edited by xOx
  • Praise 3

yeah! Good news~ Went around and then finally found a car, the make and model i like and tht color, price might be slightly much more expensive.. overall was a pleasant experience. ( will revel the company name later on, now 1st day only, hopefully no nightmare ^^)

Went to a bigger dealer in the end, feel much more safe. ( my wife agree as well, AML too many tiger awaiting for us to enter their tiger den )

Overall experience 4/5 --> Price is slightly much more expensive but then condition is far way better than those selling cheap ( able to compromise on condition than price, the time i spend on the car is much more than i lie on my bed, there fore in the end i choose condition better ) & there was an admin fee of $500...... ( was quite reluctant to pay the admin but in the end, i must really say that this company gave me a totally W-O-W feeling, totally opposite of what i've seen for the past 1 week )

But after the admin fees of $500, what i got from the dealer was 1 FOC servicing & FOC STA check & dealer will do up the car if there is anything that fail, or even oil leak ( was very surprise, this was the first time i heard this ).

they request to agree on the price before test drive but no deposit being placed at the point of moment until after test drive, after hearing their explaination, i do agree as well.

congrats and hope all goes well

Overall experience 4/5 --> Price is slightly much more expensive but then condition is far way better than those selling cheap ( able to compromise on condition than price, the time i spend on the car is much more than i lie on my bed, there fore in the end i choose condition better ) & there was an admin fee of $500...... ( was quite reluctant to pay the admin but in the end, i must really say that this company gave me a totally W-O-W feeling, totally opposite of what i've seen for the past 1 week )

which dealer?
  • Praise 1

Has anyone bought used cars from Prem Roy Motoring?

Anyone has experience dealing with Prem Roy Motoring? Trying to find review, but can't find any.

Thought of getting a preown car from them. 

• Praise 1

Which dealer ??

will share more details later, still not the end yet.

they never told you the cost of admin fees + finance fees + "surcharge" before hand?

sibei cunning ... i'm okay to pay whatever surcharge they want to charge as long as they told the buyer in advance

not at all. and the worst part is, the sales agreement he issued to me is NOT gst registered. (no gst reg number)