Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

To all good folks here... in summary after 190 pages i have come to the conclusion that we should all stop BUYING car from used car dealer and all start using E Bike [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] ..so we wont get con..cheated..robbed...hassle..threaten...scandalized [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

To all good folks here... in summary after 190 pages i have come to the conclusion that we should all stop BUYING car from used car dealer and all start using E Bike [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh] ..so we wont get con..cheated..robbed...hassle..threaten...scandalized [laugh]

buy from AD still can...  [laugh]

Dealers are still very important in the market.

When your car is extremely run down, full of scratches, noise, malfunction parts, dented, not serviced for years, who willl allow u to trade in? Dealers! .....they’re the hero.

• Praise 1

Bro, for that kind of condition, they take in at scrap value

No difference if you send to yard for scraping

Even if not for that kind of condition, they also frequently offer scrap value plus remaining coe value too

We need better regulations for used car trade so that buyers can make a better informed decision

When your car is extremely run down, full of scratches, noise, malfunction parts, dented, not serviced for years, who willl allow u to trade in? Dealers! .....they’re the hero.

• Praise 7

they take and sell to others...then they kena curse [laugh]  and we all in this forum continue to TCSS about them [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hi all, new in buying 2nd hand car.

Normally what are the common fee & amount?

Admin fee:500?800?

Surcharge... What it cover?

Finance charge? How much?

What other charges?

Would like to check auto zoom enterprise pte ltd.. Any bad review?

I know them for a long time, got one from them last year.
  • Praise 1

Hi all. In planning to make my first purchase of a used car. Need it for work and been reading for the past 2 days.

Some questions I hope someone can help me answer. I dont have any car savvy friends to check with.

When I want to buy the car, the cashier order is for the full amount of car or isit just the down payment? I never take any loan before so quite noob about this.

Process wise..is it view car, test drive, nego price and warranty to nett price(,no admin fee or other), pay deposit 500-1000, send for inspection(viacom/sta) inspection okay then apply insurance and loan. Once approved will do the transfer/hand over cashier order at lta.

Send to a workshop to replace those wear and tear parts?

Im looking at 30000 to 35000 car price, those 2 yr+ car.

Is this correct? It will be my first big purchase in my life so want to make right decision.

• Praise 1

I bought my Saab from a shopping mall in katong area.

Immediate E transfer with transaction in cash.

Simple no frills affair. We need not trust each other as money talks.

Yes, only if they can transfer on the spot with the LTA printout.

Usually the smaller outfits own the cars without loans. The bigger ones usually have a portion of their cars under loan. Thus cannot cash and carry. Unless you Heng Heng and hat particular is if fully paid. Edited by Mkl22

When your car is extremely run down, full of scratches, noise, malfunction parts, dented, not serviced for years, who willl allow u to trade in? Dealers! .....theyâre the hero.

we cant live without used car dealers

else where do we buy low mileage lady doctor and lawyer 2nd and 3rd car ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

we cant live without used car dealers

else where do we buy low mileage lady doctor and lawyer 2nd and 3rd car ... [laugh]

very good point [laugh] dont forget..housewife car only used to send kid to school [laugh] ...but never mention maybe school in kuala lumpur

Hi all. In planning to make my first purchase of a used car. Need it for work and been reading for the past 2 days.

Some questions I hope someone can help me answer. I dont have any car savvy friends to check with.

When I want to buy the car, the cashier order is for the full amount of car or isit just the down payment? I never take any loan before so quite noob about this.

Process wise..is it view car, test drive, nego price and warranty to nett price(,no admin fee or other), pay deposit 500-1000, send for inspection(viacom/sta) inspection okay then apply insurance and loan. Once approved will do the transfer/hand over cashier order at lta.

Is this correct? It will be my first big purchase in my life so want to make right decision.

$30K -$35K is the remaining COE value for 2yr car.
  • Praise 1

Usually the smaller outfits own the cars without loans. The bigger ones usually have a portion of their cars under loan. Thus cannot cash and carry. Unless you Heng Heng and hat particular is if fully paid.

Whether the car is on financing or not by the dealer is not that important, if the dealer can't afford to find cash to pay up a car before collecting cash from buyer within a few days, I would be worry about their financial strength. These r the ones that would likely take your money and run.

For me, I always insist on cashier's order trade for immediate transfer. I would move on if the dealer tells me he cannot do it..

BTW, it is the smaller outfits that tend to be empty shell and survive on loans from bigger brothers... Their office, their cars are purchased on credit granted by bigger brothers (licensed credit firm)

It is also the bigger dealers who take the trade-in cars from AD and redistribute to the smaller players

Edited by Notsogoodman

for me, my process was: view car, test drive, ensure good condition, nego nett price and peripherals, deposit (amount depends on which dealer) by cheque, balance amount by cheque when collecting car.

insurance, road tax, LTA transfer, loan to be taken care of by dealer. 

for workshop, i went to the dealer's WS and stuck with them as i found their pricing and service reasonable. 

the above is not standard for everyone, others may have their own preferred process. 

i suggest you still try to look for someone car savvy to go with you for your first car purchase. no car owner relatives, colleagues, boss to help you? 

Go LTA sin min. Immediate.

Finally they transferred ownership to me after 2 weeks. I guess its the car loan that is delaying the process. :)
  • Praise 2

in term of your budget, there is alot of choices of car you are able to get. if the car scrap value is around 10k, per year depre is at 10k or so, you'll be able to get 2years - 2.5years. 

the process i had was, went down view the car, nego the price which is reasonable and check out what package they are able to provide.

once ok, i went for a test drive, placed a $1000 deposit. car was sent to STA check, process loan insurance etc, get the car within 1 weeks paid the balanced downpayment via cash, afew days later receive letter from LTA being owner of my car.

what i do is view car, nego price, test drive, commitment that if workshop say ok i buy, send to workshop to check ( i pay regardless of condition), if ok, write down all ifs and buts in contract and price, place minimal deposit if no car to trade in.

once all in order, pass cashier order for rest of payment and transact on the spot (since now can do so), if not, go LTA to pass CO and transact on spot.

• Praise 1