Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

When you request for CO from bank of course they will immediately deduct the amount from your account. Doesn't mean the money has gone into the dealers account.

CO still needs few days to be credited. By 1 week should get liao lah..

Best is go down and bang table. Bring Go-Pro mount on chest. Hire 4 x Bodyguard.

Their director S K Rai?

what if for car with bank loan?

will the bank release the money only after car is transferred? Or they dont care at all..

Yes S k rai. The problem is they said they put wrong account number n now i need to cancel the cashier order and transfer the amount to them etc. Its not possible to cancel cashier order. But they can deposit it again when it comes back to them. Its not a normal issue. As i said, its a bank guarantee so they should go ahead n transfer as what all other companies do. Making me wait 1 week and now they say will take another week. That's bogus. Yes. S K Rai is their boss

i would also tell him my pig can climb tree.

↡ Advertisement

what if for car with bank loan?

will the bank release the money only after car is transferred? Or they dont care at all..

For banks. U tell them to jump. They will ONLY jump. Simply put. Not their taichi.

• Praise 2

U should insist they transfer on the spot since is a CO. Last time I bought from a dealer, they said need wait to clear. I laugh and say no cos it is CO and the only reason they cannot get $ will be the bank close down which is highly impossible. So I demanded them to transfer on the spot which they did. 

• Praise 2

U should insist they transfer on the spot since is a CO. Last time I bought from a dealer, they said need wait to clear. I laugh and say no cos it is CO and the only reason they cannot get $ will be the bank close down which is highly impossible. So I demanded them to transfer on the spot which they did.

They said admin not free and too many cars to clear which i found is illogical but i just went ahead with it bcoz i didnt expect them to cheat me like this. Cant buy season parking also. Daily paying so much for carpark. Everytime i call they say later let me know. Anyway just to share so nobody has to go thru what i am going thru
  • Praise 1

They said admin not free and too many cars to clear which i found is illogical but i just went ahead with it bcoz i didnt expect them to cheat me like this. Cant buy season parking also. Daily paying so much for carpark. Everytime i call they say later let me know. Anyway just to share so nobody has to go thru what i am going thru

sorry to hear that bro...real scum dealer

• Praise 1

Twincharged

hahah.which rubbish dealer pull a stunt like that.

you should insist that the dealer do the transfer on the spot. if not dont give them the money.  CO is definitely cash already to them just that the dealer need to bank in and will get the money. So now this dealer is playing games with you. Why handover the CO to them in the first place?

you should insist that the dealer do the transfer on the spot. if not dont give them the money. CO is definitely cash already to them just that the dealer need to bank in and will get the money. So now this dealer is playing games with you. Why handover the CO to them in the first place?

Bcoz it was a saturday n the salesperson said admin not working and they would do it on monday but its been a week still not done. Transfer is something they shdnt delay. But the staff said their boss delay transfer for all customers upto 2 weeks. I really was shocked to hear that. I dunt believe a word but the salesperson is just listening to the boss whose name is S K Rai

Bcoz it was a saturday n the salesperson said admin not working and they would do it on monday but its been a week still not done. Transfer is something they shdnt delay. But the staff said their boss delay transfer for all customers upto 2 weeks. I really was shocked to hear that. I dunt believe a word but the salesperson is just listening to the boss whose name is S K Rai

According to LTA, ownership transfer should be done within a week but LTA is not strongly enforcing this rule.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/checklist/ownership_transfer.html

"Within 7 days of a change in possession of a vehicle after a sale, the current registered owner or the person/company taking possession of the vehicle must effect a transfer of vehicle registration. It is an offence not to do so."

• Praise 1

According to LTA, ownership transfer should be done within a week but LTA is not strongly enforcing this rule.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/checklist/ownership_transfer.html

"Within 7 days of a change in possession of a vehicle after a sale, the current registered owner or the person/company taking possession of the vehicle must effect a transfer of vehicle registration. It is an offence not to do so."

actually this is very gray. if you say 7 days it only applies to taking possession. but in this case, TS did not took possession. 

With so much publicity of cheating car dealers, I cannot understand why people still accept their excuses instead of walking away with their CO?

It is a big purchase, so buyers should do some homework first before handing over anything more than 500 dollars. If full cash, no transfer on the spot, just walk away.

• Praise 3

With so much publicity of cheating car dealers, I cannot understand why people still accept their excuses instead of walking away with their CO?

It is a big purchase, so buyers should do some homework first before handing over anything more than 500 dollars. If full cash, no transfer on the spot, just walk away.

The past few transaction i did were that the dealer need 2 to 3 days..

Does it mean it can be done on the spot even during weekend?

• Praise 1

yes definitely the transfer can be done on the spot. dealer just need to log in to onemotoring and complete the necessary transfer. FYI , i took my car on a weekend too. Transfer was immediately done on the spot before i given the dealer my CO.

• Praise 1

Even after banking hours also can lah - if the used car dealer is a big player.

When I sold one of my earlier cars (to one of the largest dealership / credit company in SG ... the boss, now also President of the SG Motoring Association, nowadays appear frequently on TV news commenting on COE movements) it was already 4+ pm.

They had wanted to pay me in full by cheque, for an immediate transfer of my car to them.

I had insisted on full cash. They made me wait for nearly an hour (KNN) ... then got someone to drive me to the DBS bank at Clementi Central.

By then, it was 5+pm ... and the bank was closed, of course. Front entrance locked, banking hall lights all dimmed out. He then led me to the back door ... knocked, and a Cisco guard opened.

They exchanged greetings and purpose of the off-hours visit, was let in, I waited inside at the back room area (guard watching me) ... he came out later with the cash and paid me.

On the spot. By then, it was nearly 6pm.

• Praise 2

Yes, report police! CO is cash equivalent, will not bounce. Upon receiving, it is as good as receiving your cash. Whether they clear it or it takes days to clear, it’s not a factor of consideration.
You have handed cash to them! Period!

• Praise 1

Yes, stand firm or walk away with CO

Similar to what others have shared

from my previous experience, I went with CO, dealer said cannot be done immediately, will take 2-3 days

I said I will walk, then transfer was done on the spot  [:p]

• Praise 8

BEWARE GV CREDIT located at 233/235/237/239/241 Telok Kurau Road. False advertising on Sgcarmart.com and full of gimmicks to smoke you when you go down. Car advertised for $33.8k including 2 yr warranty but was quoted $37.8k on site if you wish to have warranty and new road tax. They will also charge a $1k admin fee on top of the quoted price.

Go patronize them by all means but don't say I didn't warn you.

• Praise 2

BEWARE AB ZONE located at 756 Upper Serangoon Road #03-10 Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre. Why? If you take loan you are required to pay $3k above quoted price on Sgcarmart.com plus admin fee. Better call and make sure they reveal all hidden charges before making a trip down and wasting your time there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1