Used Car Dealers Feedback (Part 2)!

RadX

update for my case, ultimately the dealer agreed to send cancellation to century tokyo but it was too late. i was left without car for CNY.

a lesson learnt not to be too trusting.

no luck getting my 500 deposit back. just my luck.

Anyway i thought it will be good to let you guys know who the dealer is.

Absolut Motor is the dealer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am considering buying a new car from this PI - Prime Cars.. Any one has a deal with them, mind to share your experience, including the after sale service support. Thanks in advance.

• Praise 1

Do you know if its possible to ask for the contact details of the previous car owner to verify the mileage?

I went to turf city and was eyeing on one of the honda city. I asked for the previous car owner contact number and the dealer said they usually don't give out the contact.

Is this normal or is something fishy going on? I figured if theres nothing to hide, they would have no qualms giving the contact number of the previous car owner to me.

• Praise 1

Do you know if its possible to ask for the contact details of the previous car owner to verify the mileage?

I went to turf city and was eyeing on one of the honda city. I asked for the previous car owner contact number and the dealer said they usually don't give out the contact.

Is this normal or is something fishy going on? I figured if theres nothing to hide, they would have no qualms giving the contact number of the previous car owner to me.

haha, no worries la bro. dealers won't give out contact number of previous car owner one. they give you, you find out from the previous owner how much the dealer mark up from his selling price, sure bargain one what.

• Praise 1

I'm interested at a pre owned Honda city at Turf City. But am worried about the car condition and tampering of mileage. S after purchase can I bring in the cr to kah motors for inspection? If there's indeed tampering I guess under lemon law I can refund?

To verify mileage, call Kah Mtrs to check last service date and mileage.

If no record at Kah, check the car windscreen for the service record sticker on the windscreen and call the workshop to verify the mileage and date it was last serviced.

• Praise 2

I think many experienced MCF bros here will willingly accept a small token fee to accompany newbie buyers to view second hand car... it might be a viable business. 2nd hand car sourcing. :)

Hahaha. How much to charge ah?

• Praise 1

Mileage sure tamper, most important make sure it is accident free, send to AA

if u like the car, test and have a good feel about it just go ahead n buy it

n change the oil and filter first, drive and then slowly see what else to change

Honda city is quite a reliable car

dun send to Kah, sure ask u to change everything

• Praise 1

n change the oil and filter first, drive and then slowly see what else to change

Thanks for your advise. If i request for this, is it normally paid by the dealer? I asked previously for an STA inspection and he said the charges should be borned by me.

Edited by Flareman
  • Praise 1

Not necessarily.

Although my car was not a Honda (It's a KIA), I sent mine to Cycle and Carriage and the technician is even honest enough to tell me "Don't waste money" for some things which are not broken.

Hence for servicing, I always trust the authorised dealer to at least give me an honest-to-goodness full assessment, before I can decide where else to fix it.

What I don't like about certain second hand car dealers is, they introduce you to this workshop and tell you it is fully serviced, but after you get the key and you realised...it's not so. :angry:

• Praise 1

I guess the new budget talk and MAS ruling will ease the complaint here on car dealer. If MAS don't U-Turn on their decision, buying car and obtain a loan will be toughy for some car buyer. Which have to fork out 40% to 50% downpayment.

Guess, everyone will have to be force to stick to their current car. Else take public transport. Compliant receive by CASE on motor trade will be lesser.

• Praise 1

I guess the new budget talk and MAS ruling will ease the complaint here on car dealer. If MAS don't U-Turn on their decision, buying car and obtain a loan will be toughy for some car buyer. Which have to fork out 40% to 50% downpayment.

Guess, everyone will have to be force to stick to their current car. Else take public transport. Compliant receive by CASE on motor trade will be lesser.

Maybe that's wat they wan wat asking ppl to pay so much for downpayment lol

• Praise 1

Good time for those dodgy car dealers to buck up and not provide fly by night standard.

Many used car dealers going to eat grasss, those small scale ones will start closing down.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3