Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Riverfish
  • Riverfish
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, need some advice here. Just came back from a regular servicing of my 7-yr old Lancer GLX, and was told by the mechanic that the valve cover gasket and plug seal needed to be replaced for $195, as there was some leakage seen on the spark plugs. I thought those things are just some rubber seals, and was wondering if that kinda price is reasonable? Thanks for any advice.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Forte3737
you have to check with stockists for their price. WS always make $$ from parts they get from stockists

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wishxsr
  • Premium member
    Wishxsr
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, need some advice here. Just came back from a regular servicing of my 7-yr old Lancer GLX, and was told by the mechanic that the valve cover gasket and plug seal needed to be replaced for $195, as there was some leakage seen on the spark plugs. I thought those things are just some rubber seals, and was wondering if that kinda price is reasonable? Thanks for any advice.

Dont know about Lancer GLX, but its cost $120 for a 6 year old Altis 3 months ago (Friend Car)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Change my 7 yr old trajet before...
Got the gasket seal from stockie..less then $30..
When to WS say plug seal x4 also need to change $8/PCs buy froom WS..
Labour for all the above change ard$30_40.. Forget the actual,price..
So total ard$100 nia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Matkeith
  • Matkeith
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

It is advisable to change the valve cover gasket and plug seal ASAP. Leaving it unattained, oil may flood the spark plugs well, leading to misfiring and cause damage to the ignition coil which occur higher repair bill.

Some workshop don't really explain to their customers what in the repair bill. Ask your mechanic what does the $190 includes. Usually for such situation the 4 spark plugs may need replacement too. Valve cover gasket, plug seals, spark plus and labour should be around the price range if not, SLIGHTLY lower. Total labour hour should be around 2-3 hours.

If you are comfortable with the workshop, why not let them do all the work? Treat it as rapport building.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Earthng
  • Earthng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Cfm expensive.Subaru impreze 10 x 13271AA071 Rocker Cover Washers,
04 x 10966AA000 GSKT-SPARK PL PIP
02 x 13294AA053 GSKT-ROCKER COVER. only cost $100.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Riverfish
  • Riverfish
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The mechanic didn't say the spark plugs needed to be replaced. Actually I only replaced the plugs at the same workshop during last servicing about half a year ago. They were those more expensive types (iradium or something, can't recall).

Yeah, did check around on the web and looks like there are much cheaper gaskets to buy, but very hesitant to DIY. :) May just go back to the workshop to get them replaced.

Anyway, what's $195 compared with the $90k COE now?

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

1st Gear
    Author Image

Depends on your vehicle's make/model, the labour to replace the valve cover gasket can be as expensive as the parts itself.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bought frm GS auto for $20+ then went to replace at Mal at RM50. total damage less than S$50.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yup, just bought mine last week for my Trajet.

valve cover gasket - $18
plug seal - $6.5 each
Labour - $40
New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Ry0suk1
  • Ry0suk1
    Clutched
    Author Image

anyone know where to find the lancer cs3 valve cover gasket and plug seal? went to WS was quoted $235 including spark plugs..

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Google Ming ghee... They are stockist of major cars brand...

Your parts cost shall be ard the same as bro Othello about.

Normal Spark plug only cost ard 4buck each.

Do update us after u have done it for sharing... Thanks

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

labor for mine quoted was S$100. ok anot?

FS

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bring parts go JB,  alot cheaper lor !!

labor for mine quoted was S$100. ok anot?

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bring parts go JB, alot cheaper lor !!

But now added with toll fee, not worth it unless u go there pump petrol, wash car, grocery etc
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

So ok anot?
FS

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

Carnoob
  • Premium member
    Carnoob
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

So ok anot?

Depends on your car model, Toyota cars no need $100. Conti cars may be more expensive

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Many ways bro !!

Fixed car, next door wash and wax and polish RM80, if before noon, go movie RM8/pax, then grocery, then dinner + FULL Tank- Shake + 1 pack Marlboro Merah - 1 stick RM17.

Value for Money Trip lor

It is so good my wife keep asking when I go in for servicing or repair..... Clothing ...... also very good and cheap.

But now added with toll fee, not worth it unless u go there pump petrol, wash car, grocery etc

Edited by Apple-Tree, 03 October 2016 - 07:35 PM.

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Depends on your car model, Toyota cars no need $100. Conti cars may be more expensive

Tks bro. Mine's a 08 korean suv. Ride still left a yr n few mths. Will there b any issue than some eo loss? Tks again.

Bring parts go JB, alot cheaper lor !!

Tks bro. Prefer to do it here. Or u can help I'm willing to pay u instead, n chances r I'll be gettin my hands dirtied as well :) At least I've "witnessed" ur diy competency.
FS

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:44 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

So ok anot?

Y so ex.
Last time my trajet ,labour to change the vavle cover gasket n the 4 spark pulg seal at the popular WS for kimchi car near to migh ghee was 40 only.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: valve, cover, gasket, plug, seal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users