$195 for valve cover gasket and plug seal?

Riverfish

Depends on your car model, Toyota cars no need $100. Conti cars may be more expensive

Tks bro. Mine's a 08 korean suv. Ride still left a yr n few mths. Will there b any issue than some eo loss? Tks again.

Bring parts go JB, alot cheaper lor !!

Tks bro. Prefer to do it here. Or u can help I'm willing to pay u instead, n chances r I'll be gettin my hands dirtied as well :) At least I've "witnessed" ur diy competency.
↡ Advertisement

So ok anot?

Y so ex.

Last time my trajet ,labour to change the vavle cover gasket n the 4 spark pulg seal at the popular WS for kimchi car near to migh ghee was 40 only.

Y so ex.

Last time my trajet ,labour to change the vavle cover gasket n the 4 spark pulg seal at the popular WS for kimchi car near to migh ghee was 40 only.

bro, the workshop still around?

Tks bro. Mine's a 08 korean suv. Ride still left a yr n few mths. Will there b any issue than some eo loss? Tks again.

No issue if can confirm eo loss is due to gasket leak and not other problem... Just check the eo level every 2 weeks and standby one 4L of eo

However, I would suggest get the gasket leak patch, so you can know whether eo loss is due to gasket / plug seal leaking or something worse...

Look for Edwin Garage in AMK, his labour charge should be reasonable, I changed 2 rear absorbers and 2 front bushing for Verna there (he only charge me labour cos I brought the replacements to his workshop)

Edited by Carnoob

No issue if can confirm eo loss is due to gasket leak and not other problem... Just check the eo level every 2 weeks and standby one 4L of eo

However, I would suggest get the gasket leak patch, so you can know whether eo loss is due to gasket / plug seal leaking or something worse...

Look for Edwin Garage in AMK, his labour charge should be reasonable, I changed 2 rear absorbers and 2 front bushing for Verna there (he only charge me labour cos I brought the replacements to his workshop)

Ps bro, I didnt explain clearly. What I meant was what will b e issue if I dont replace gasket other than eo leaking fr there? Current ride has no fluid loss as I monitor periodically.

bro, the workshop still around?

Synergy Motor .. think they move to kaki bukit. Best to goolge n call them for pricing 1st.

For the parts ming ghee sell ard

50+- for the rubber gasket n the plug seal.

• Praise 1

Ps bro, I didnt explain clearly. What I meant was what will b e issue if I dont replace gasket other than eo leaking fr there? Current ride has no fluid loss as I monitor periodically.

Oh no other issue at all unless you intend to extend COE for the car if not then just drive as per normal. The gasket / plug seal is just rubber so definitely will be wear and tear, and eo will leak out from the harden rubber

• Praise 1

Er ...... one question, why you want to replace gasket when there is no EO loss issue ?  Is there a significance oil mark that encourage you to think of changing ?

If there is some EO leak and the oil level ramain the same, then, there could be a bigger issue lor.

Water is displacing the oil giving you a false impression that your EO level is OK lor.

By the time you see milk EO, too late loh...

Er ...... one question, why you want to replace gasket when there is no EO loss issue ? Is there a significance oil mark that encourage you to think of changing ?

If there is some EO leak and the oil level ramain the same, then, there could be a bigger issue lor.

Water is displacing the oil giving you a false impression that your EO level is OK lor.

By the time you see milk EO, too late loh...

Cos scared leak into spark plug will affect combustion / pre-ignition. Only saw oil stains along valve cover esp bolt areas. Looked like oil leak from bolt head than gasket. Then one guy fr stockist told me must chabgdr valve cover.

No milk eo, confirmed, I checked eo cap, eo dipstick, radiator cap n expansion tank all ok.

Then hor, I suggest, don't do anything lor.  Life goes on lor ....... enjoy.

Cos scared leak into spark plug will affect combustion / pre-ignition. Only saw oil stains along valve cover esp bolt areas. Looked like oil leak from bolt head than gasket. Then one guy fr stockist told me must chabgdr valve cover.

No milk eo, confirmed, I checked eo cap, eo dipstick, radiator cap n expansion tank all ok.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1