Do we need another Workers

Dinosaka

In the run-up to the by-election of Punggol East, it is clear, that final fight comes down to the two largest parties in Parliament: The People

↡ Advertisement

I think opposition lack the full understanding of how things are run by the ruling party. The ruling party is not stupid to reveal everything they know to the opposition or to the ppl. The opposition will not just anyhow debate and make a fool of themselves unless they have the full understanding and know what they are doing. You are dealing with ppl who come up with the rules on running the show. Whatever calvin wants to debate on will be shot down by them. Can't calvin see his friend got shot down and rebuffed by the various ministers? He must be dreaming during parliament. Take the Aljunied GRC town council for example. WP didn't know how things are run until they dig further and found more dirt.

If calvin wants to see debate between the two parties in parliament he be better off watching WWE. The ruling party is not going to reveal their playing cards to anyone and you do not know what kinda trump card they have up their sleeves(dangle carrots as always). This is the type of game politicians play. Naive ppl like calvin cheng has lots to learn. This is not high school or uni debate teams like calvin would imagine.

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged

We want another opposition member in parliament anytime

Maybe we will find out more of $2 companies doing biz with govt

stupid is as stupid does. that is why the other opposition parties especially RP keep on going head first in doing what nobody wants them to do.

WP have became the top opposition party because they act smartly and tip toe around the hell that PAP created for opposition parties, exactly what they are now. mention any wrong figure and get sued, say anything wrong and the press will clam down on you with full front and back spreads for days.

i think this is the reason why WP are so quiet, only bringing up the fights that they can win - AIM saga.

they could have easily started shouting about rising COE, housing, public transport riots... but chose not to because those are fights they will never win and for this they gain my respect and my vote if they contest my area during the next elections.

Thot sylvia withdrew coz PM say gg to conduct a "study" on such sale??

Yep WP smart..not confrontational..

Like AIM saga, juz say need time coz AIM withdrew out coz of "compositional" change..

NETIZENS did rest of the job...haha..

I think opposition lack the full understanding of how things are run by the ruling party. The ruling party is not stupid to reveal everything they know to the opposition or to the ppl. The opposition will not just anyhow debate and make a fool of themselves unless they have the full understanding and know what they are doing. You are dealing with ppl who come up with the rules on running the show. Whatever calvin wants to debate on will be shot down by them. Can't calvin see his friend got shot down and rebuffed by the various ministers? He must be dreaming during parliament. Take the Aljunied GRC town council for example. WP didn't know how things are run until they dig further and found more dirt.

If calvin wants to see debate between the two parties in parliament he be better off watching WWE. The ruling party is not going to reveal their playing cards to anyone and you do not know what kinda trump card they have up their sleeves(dangle carrots as always). This is the type of game politicians play. Naive ppl like calvin cheng has lots to learn. This is not high school or uni debate teams like calvin would imagine.

he also smart lah..

throw this at WP.. because he not from WP.. try to discredit them..

and you will have those super hardcore Opposition saying he is right.

they hoping for Taiwan style Parliament mah

And your point is?

I will like more alternate voices in parliment. So far, WP has been doing what they said they will be doing. AND they dont oppose just for the sake of opposing. If not for them, AIM will not be known.

The rest of the opposition parties, to me, just aint ripe yet. Chinese call it not "sengmock". How to vote for them.

Even CSJ and gang who i think live in their tiny little world full of human rights n freedom of speech, are slowly understanding what normal regular singaporeans want, bread n butter issue. I just hope he dont further embraress himself n stop getting "invite" to speak at some international plateform carrying our flag. Joker.

End of the day, PAP must understand tht Singapore now is totally dif from the 60s. Carry on what they think are right in their own mind n continue to be disconnected with the people, they will pay the price. Malaysia's coming GE would be a good yardstick for them.

In short, WP is not ready to run the govt yet, not even in 5 GE. But if they continue doing good, attract enough talents (NOT FTs), who knows? 1 day, they might form the govt with PAP as the opposition. I wont drop a tear...

What did Calvin Cheng do in parliament previously? Sekali he also do nothing. LOL

I also say... never heard of Calvin Cheng until now....

And the Viswa debate he referred to, IIRC Viswa got thoroughly hammered by the PAP behemoth after he filed his motion... not sure if anything came out of it though.

Typical PAP mole trying to split the vote, current tactics use by PAP in this BE campaign is to plant more opposition, trying to split their votes and win the battle.

↡ Advertisement