Uncle Sam Now Allows Women Folks To Serve In Combat Units

Vulcann

Will this happen here?

Well if our falling birth rate persists, no one can be certain about this.

But to serve in Spec Ops units will be a long shot no matter how you look at it.

Women in combat: Good to go if they meet standards

By LOLITA C. BALDOR | Associated Press

↡ Advertisement

Remember the scene in Starship Troopers with the mixed shower? It might well come to that because privacy and body modesty are no-gos in a combat environment. :D

Women who train all-out for the front-line will be changed mentally and physically. They will become defeminised, with a lean, toned body habitus. Their breasts will shrink and their periods will become irregular, or even cease entirely, along with a drop in their fertility. They will begin to resemble males in many respects. We already see this in many top female athletes (even the ones that are not on exogenous steroids). Frankly, I don't find them attractive in the least, but I guess the ones garang enough to do this won't really care.

G.I. Jane was hardly an accurate portrayal - the change will be far more pronounced than simply being botak and looking like Sinead O' Connor.

The point is, there are fundamental differences between the sexes, and this is as nature "intended" - men are suited to be fathers/hunters/gatherers/physical protectors and women are suited to be mothers/carers/nurturers. We're a sexually dimorphic species. It's pointless to try and force us to be equal in every way - and if we do try to force the issue, we may not find the results pretty. The important thing is to recognise the different roles that each gender is suited to play, and also to recognise that the roles are equally important and neither can live without the other.

Edited by Turboflat4

Thought women already in combat roles here, except for very siong ones like commando, guards, .. However, there are still practical issues. Women go out field, and still want privacy, a bit tough. Not to say, we cannot respect individual needs, but enemy won't wait for you to setup female toilet or female changing room leh .. these are practical issues both in peace time and war time. I believe armies already got problem of sexual crimes, harassment, etc.

The role of women in active combat was discussed previously and one issue which troubled policy makers is what if they are captured? The case of PFC Jessica Lynch came to mind. Read her story here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Lynch

The enemy may not observe the Geneva Conventions and their fate unimaginable under such circumstances...

And then there is the possibility that their male conuterparts may compromise missions in their haste to protect them owing to our natural instinct.

So before anyone say yes, these are real issues that need to be resolved.

Supercharged

i still think its difficult for women to serve all out in combat roles.

their biological make up is very different from men. Women are rules by emotions, while men are by logic. This is a fact that no one can deny.

When someone is ruled by emotions, the person cannot make swift and logical decisions. In the battlefield, emotions and delayed decision making cannot be present.

Having said that, i got a female cousin who is a CO in our Navy ships. Maybe she had proved me wrong.

Turbocharged

Thought women already in combat roles here, except for very siong ones like commando, guards, ..

Already have.....

CS_BEN_19791.jpg

But she looks too cute and sweet to lead and fight in combat....compared to Demi Moore GI-Jane type.

But then we never know...maybe a tigeress in cat's clothings.

Edited by Pocus

Already have.....

But she looks too cute and sweet to lead and fight in combat....compared to Demi Moore GI-Jane type.

Could be a a guy with more effeminate look?

Turbocharged

Already have.....

wow!! She ippt gold standard!! wonder if the criteria same as men?

i still think its difficult for women to serve all out in combat roles.

their biological make up is very different from men. Women are rules by emotions, while men are by logic. This is a fact that no one can deny.

When someone is ruled by emotions, the person cannot make swift and logical decisions. In the battlefield, emotions and delayed decision making cannot be present.

Having said that, i got a female cousin who is a CO in our Navy ships. Maybe she had proved me wrong.

You watch women mud wrestling without any qualms but is bothered by women in combat roles? :D

Already have.....

Orrr die, hair touch collar liao wait Inchik catch kena extra... [smash] [smash]

if you watch the documentary film call the invisible war.

You will never support woman into army.

In 2010, 108,121 veterans screened positive for military sexual trauma, and 68,379 had at least one Veterans Health Administration outpatient visit for related conditions. Also in 2010, The Department of Defense processed reports of 3,198 new assaults but estimated the actual number of assaults to be closer to 19,000. However, these reports only resulted in convictions against 244 perpetrators.

they sexually assault woman rape them force them perform all sort thing only to be trail by court martial. And usually court martial means free to go.

This documentary film speaks alot about woman in army. High rank officers are often friends with those rapist or they are part of rapist. [whip]

Already have.....

yup...... should have lead the fight in bed ... :wub:

Supercharged

Already have.....

No one is covering their backs...... sure to die.....

if you watch the documentary film call the invisible war.

You will never support woman into army.

In 2010, 108,121 veterans screened positive for military sexual trauma, and 68,379 had at least one Veterans Health Administration outpatient visit for related conditions. Also in 2010, The Department of Defense processed reports of 3,198 new assaults but estimated the actual number of assaults to be closer to 19,000. However, these reports only resulted in convictions against 244 perpetrators.

they sexually assault woman rape them force them perform all sort thing only to be trail by court martial. And usually court martial means free to go.

This documentary film speaks alot about woman in army. High rank officers are often friends with those rapist or they are part of rapist. [whip]

Such abuses and trangression will be around even without women. It is a on going enlightenment for armed services to regulate it in today's world. I generally do not support women in armed forces but such is the demand or rather, reality of modern society. Morever, having more women might actually lend a louder voice to this issue i.e such behaviour becomes less tolerable.

Already have.....

She got good camo skill, I cannot find her in the picture. [laugh]