"PAP is on your side"

Scion

I went to the rally last night...

He spoke and spoke and spoke and spoke...

Until I got bored.

The mood that I felt there was that most of the people were "activists" (i.e those with a direct connection to the party, had been arrowed to be there, wanted to be seen to be supporting their masters) rather than genuine supporters.

Admittedly though, I am rather biased...

Turbocharged

Until I got bored.

The mood that I felt there was that most of the people were "activists" (i.e those with a direct connection to the party, had been arrowed to be there, wanted to be seen to be supporting their masters) rather than genuine supporters.

Got more than a thousand at the rally site?

If PAP is on our side, how come it stubbornly refuses to listen to persistent feedback on the ground about their liberal foreign immigrant policy? How come it endorses bus/mrt hike after hike despite the strong feedback on the unsatisfactory service level and after the huge profits reaped by the operators? How come it always insist HDB flats is still affordable after prices had doubled since 2007?

Sorry but very hard to believe them anymore unless action matching their words are subsequently seen from now onwards.

Turbocharged

pap is on your side, we are getting 7million people to keep you company.

yah lor... foreigners are on our left and right sides where ever we go

they will ask if you prefer to be gainfully employed or have foreigner company hehe

Until I got bored.

next GE, maybe i shuold attend one pap rally.

just to satisfy my curiosity and to be impartial by havign listened to both side's rally hehe [laugh]

Got more than a thousand at the rally site?

Official figures put it at 800.

I thought it was quite impressive for such a turn out at a PAP rally. But then after looking at various videos, realised the response from large section of the crowd was far from jubilant or excited. Very quiet and expressions on their face don't look like they are enjoying it or very supportive. I mean, normally for genuine supporters who went and are in agreement of what was said would usually shout out words of agreement and excitement. The mood of the rally is very sombre.

Until I got bored.

Hey saw two caucasians pictured by TOC at the rally at about 7plus. One lady and a guy. Is that yourself and your wife attending?

If PAP is on our side, how come it stubbornly refuses to listen to persistent feedback on the ground about their liberal foreign immigrant policy? How come it endorses bus/mrt hike after hike despite the strong feedback on the unsatisfactory service level and after the huge profits reaped by the operators? How come it always insist HDB flats is still affordable after prices had doubled since 2007?

Sorry but very hard to believe them anymore unless action matching their words are subsequently seen from now onwards.

Lol, i think PAP will tell you they are already listening to their prople and have restrict and slow down bringing in the FTs/FWs now. [rolleyes]

Really on our side....

One question : Why can't we use Medisave for Dental Treatment ? The cost for dental treatment nowadays is [knife] .

Our parents are old and their teeths are getting loose or rotten. Bring them to dental clinic and the $$$$$$$ is killing..... [mad][mad][mad]

Official figures put it at 800.

I thought it was quite impressive for such a turn out at a PAP rally. But then after looking at various videos, realised the response from large section of the crowd was far from jubilant or excited. Very quiet and expressions on their face don't look like they are enjoying it or very supportive. I mean, normally for genuine supporters who went and are in agreement of what was said would usually shout out words of agreement and excitement. The mood of the rally is very sombre.

Yeah,

The crowd not all that big compared to WP. I don't think "sombre" is a very fair way to describe the mood, but as I mentioned - it felt to me like a lot of the people were there to "do the right thing" rather than as supporters. Which was a different feeling to the WP rally.

I was also a bit disappointed, spent ages there but only got to listen to "the boss" - the WP rally had a much faster turnover of speakers.

He did talk sense though, but it was all rather motherhood and a little arrogant....

I'm regret to say that until now PAP still didnt admit that their FTs policy is totally fail. And yet still tell you sillypore cannot do without foreigners.

+1 on this!

Hey saw two caucasians pictured by TOC at the rally at about 7plus. One lady and a guy. Is that yourself and your wife attending?

Wifey is Chinese...

Which rally? The PAP one I reached about 8:30 or so...

WP I stood quietly one side, I only go to see what rally feels like and see how it is done (I have participated in rally plus protest in NZ - was very very different atmosphere, and there were actually Q and A (or heckling if you prefer) from those at the rally)

Then having seen the WP, I thought only reasonable to see PAP - besides, the site so close to my house, only a five minute walk, how not to take the effort?

↡ Advertisement