Missing kid in Malaysia found dead

Count_duku

Have been following the intense search in the news, what a tragic end .. [:(]

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...126-398022.html

The Star/Asia News Network

Saturday, Jan 26, 2013

SUBANG JAYA - Was William Yau Zhen Zhong abducted and killed or did he die after a tragic misadventure?

That's the question on the minds of investigators following the recovery of the six-year-old's decomposed body near Kampung Sungai Sireh.

Police are actively looking for clues into the case and re-examining all angles to find out how he died and how his body ended up near a jetty in Port Klang.

Among the theories are that his body floated about 30km down the Klang river from Kampung Bukit Lanchong after being thrown into it.

There is also speculation that the boy could have wandered off, fallen into a monsoon drain and ended up in the river.

However, there are no such uncovered drains where he was reported missing and the closest link to the river is about two kilometres away.

Although William's parents Yau Kok Kang, 32, and Goh Ying Ying, 26, identified his body based on the shorts and underpants he was wearing and scars on his head, police are still awaiting DNA test results, due to be released on Monday, to be 100 per cent sure.

"Post-mortem results could not determine the cause of death because the remains were too badly decomposed," Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Yahaya Ramli (pic) said.

"But we have established that he had been dead for about a week, based on the level of decomposition," he said at the Subang Jaya police headquarters yesterday.

ACP Yahaya said there was no sign of external injuries except for some bite marks, believed to be inflicted by animals.

He said police had not ruled out foul play and were looking at the likelihood that the boy was dumped into the river.

"But it is still too early to conclude what happened to him," he said. "We are going to interview the boy's older brother again and are appealing for witnesses who had seen him to come forward. In short, we are exploring all angles," he added.

ACP Yahaya said police would comb the area where he disappeared in Putra Heights, the banks of the Klang river at Kampung Bukit Lanchong as well as the jetty.

Police have also recorded statements from the fishermen who discovered the body.

↡ Advertisement

This news was the malaysia's news of the week. Front page all over diff papers.

Very tragic case. Boy only 6yrs old.....

Parents to be blamed? Dunno... But stoppid n irresponsible to leave 3 kids in car while they goes shopping for electrical products while leaving 3 kids in car even if car is locked

Edited by Spurman

Heard the father used to beatup the kid. I will not leave my kids locked in the car not even my dog.

Notice the age gap between the couple, his own kid only worth 5k rm for reward nia???

Edited by KaKiLang

(edited)

For me I use central locking in malaysia when waiting, with at least 1 adult in the car. In this case the kid opened the door from the inside to look for mummy.. Kesian man.

Edited by Count_duku

I really dont understand why would any parents leave their kids unattended.

Totally preventable incident. RIP to the boy. [bigcry]

Things had happened, with an unfortunate ending, lets not point fingers at the parents, their heart hurts more than anyone else. Hopefully the reporters will leave the parents alone too.

This is definitely a wake up call to all parents..

Speculation that is the father killed his own son by accident, and later "created" a missing child report to the police.

Investigations are on going. Witnesses included the father's younger brother.

[shakehead]

Speculation that is the father killed his own son by accident, and later "created" a missing child report to the police.

[shakehead]

Gosh... where did u hear this?

[shakehead]

OMG!!! I really hopes it remains a speculation, and not the truth.. hope the little boy RIP and have a better life in his next life..

Now it has really became interesting yet unbearing enough to follow thru the investigation ..

[shakehead]

Yes this is what I read too. Some other chatter say that the shop is equipped with CCTV system. The camera captured the parents' car and did not capture the boy leaving the car. Maybe the boy wasn't inside the car at all, and was already dead in another location.

Edited by Beehive3783

Yes this is what I read too. Some other chatter say that the shop is equipped with CCTV system. The camera captured the parents' car and did not capture the boy leaving the car. Maybe the boy wasn't inside the car at all, and was already dead in another location.

there were 2 other siblings in the car?

Even if they are young, i think it's pretty easy for them to say if the brother left the car? unless they were all zzzing.

↡ Advertisement