2010 ST115 Tyres

MrolexB

Hi,

Saw 215/45 R17 @ $540 & 225/45 R17 @ $550 in Stamford Lokyang yesterday. The yr of manufacture is 0310 (3rd wk of 2010).

Price is good, however it's 3yrs old stock. Do you think it's a good buy?

Cheers...

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Saw 215/45 R17 @ $540 & 225/45 R17 @ $550 in Stamford Lokyang yesterday. The yr of manufacture is 0310 (3rd wk of 2010).

Cheers...

For me it's goodbye, not good buy [laugh]

Three year old tyre you dare to use? What if the tyres disintegrates or blows up after 30 mins of driving on the road? Any warranty from Stamford? And don't bother about Falken warranty because these are already 3 years old.

Supercharged

Hi,

Cheers...

3 years old??? i'm sure you can find better deal somewhere else, come on....

And BTW, i used to run on ST115 last time. I can tell you to look for another brand, based on my experience. Don't waste yr $$

3 years old??? i'm sure you can find better deal somewhere else, come on....

And BTW, i used to run on ST115 last time. I can tell you to look for another brand, based on my experience. Don't waste yr $$

Actually I am more a Goodyear & Dunlop fan, never a Falken fan ... but ST115 heard is one of their premium (?) ... :D

Hengs I din bite as one of my car just changed 2 new tyres, while the other not due for change ...

Also, how old the stock is acceptable ah? I read an article in a JB tyre shop that tyres are not bread in bakeries. freshly "bake" not necessary better.

Hi,

Cheers...

at this price you should buy brand new chinese/korean tyres. not aged tyres

Supercharged

Actually I am more a Goodyear & Dunlop fan, never a Falken fan ... but ST115 heard is one of their premium (?) ... :D

Hengs I din bite as one of my car just changed 2 new tyres, while the other not due for change ...

Also, how old the stock is acceptable ah? I read an article in a JB tyre shop that tyres are not bread in bakeries. freshly "bake" not necessary better.

I'm not sure whether ST1115 is their premium tyre or not. ST1115 wears out very fast and becomes noisy very fast too.

my experience, i got to change the ST1115 just after 25,000-30,000km. and i don't even run on NS highway.

best is to get as fresh as possible. of coz, don't be so kiasu to choose 1 week old. a period of 6 months old is acceptable.

why not consider Kumho? i'm using it now and happy with it. run for close to 2 years liao

I'm not sure whether ST1115 is their premium tyre or not. ST1115 wears out very fast and becomes noisy very fast too.

my experience, i got to change the ST1115 just after 25,000-30,000km. and i don't even run on NS highway.

best is to get as fresh as possible. of coz, don't be so kiasu to choose 1 week old. a period of 6 months old is acceptable.

why not consider Kumho? i'm using it now and happy with it. run for close to 2 years liao

No real need to change tyres now, if everything goes smoothly (no puncture), I only need to seriously consider tyre change in 1 yr's time :)

No real need to change tyres now, if everything goes smoothly (no puncture), I only need to seriously consider tyre change in 1 yr's time :)