2014 Ssangyong Stavic , Ugliest to Ugly

SeriousGuy

Twincharged

Don't bother defending lah. Majority of non-mpv drivers will feel this category of rides look like manure [:p] no matter what.

Even some MPV drivers also don't like the looks. [laugh] Used to drive an Estima but I didn't like the looks at all but had no choice cuz I needed the space and it wasn't too expensive.

↡ Advertisement

I did get quite car sick after taking a ride in the Stavic taxi, and it was only over a short distance.

It should come with rear sliding doors to make getting in and out of the taxi (especially the elderly who will need to climb up into the cabin)....

Other than that, the engine was quite torque. 2.7xdi turbo diesel engine not too bad. I wonder what's the daily rental for the Stavic though. If it's the same as Maxi Cab Mercedes Vito, then obviously I don't think the Stavic is comparable to Vito...

IMO the Estima and Alphard almost as bad looking ma. Just that toyota more popular thats why people get toyota instead. Those with no budget will get this lo.

so tell me bro.. with a high budget.. what can I get as spacious as at least Estima.. or Vellfire?

Please dont tell me R-Class.. XC90.. Q7.. Sharan.. Galaxy.. all 3rd row not as spacious as the 2 above.. Even the Ford salesman told me Galaxy is not as spacious as Estima..

Don't bother defending lah. Majority of non-mpv drivers will feel this category of rides look like manure [:p] no matter what.

bro.. it's the truth.. haha.. or else I would have gotten this Stavic what.. why must I pay more for "less" space?

so tell me bro.. with a high budget.. what can I get as spacious as at least Estima.. or Vellfire?

Please dont tell me R-Class.. XC90.. Q7.. Sharan.. Galaxy.. all 3rd row not as spacious as the 2 above.. Even the Ford salesman told me Galaxy is not as spacious as Estima..

Van type of MPV.

Toyota Hiace : http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=10438

Hyundai i800 : http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/hyundai/...s#axzz2ZGIZC0UM

xc90 and q7 3rd row +- same like stream or wish.

i believe sharan and galaxy 3rd row are between odyssey and estima/ alphard 3rd row.

but if you seat in 3rd row, go to kl, sure sharan and odyssey (have not try galaxy) is more comfort then estima/ alphard.

even as a driver, more comfort drive sharan or odyssey if go to long distance then estima/ alphard

hahah.. might as well I get a Viano...

and the pricing.. no where near Estima/Vellfire..

Eh, the other day I really saw a relatively new Viano registered with private car plate. And the logo says CDI, so I suppose it's diesel.

xc90 and q7 3rd row +- same like stream or wish.

i believe sharan and galaxy 3rd row are between odyssey and estima/ alphard 3rd row.

but if you seat in 3rd row, go to kl, sure sharan and odyssey (have not try galaxy) is more comfort then estima/ alphard.

even as a driver, more comfort drive sharan or odyssey if go to long distance then estima/ alphard

yupps.. that I agree..

but if you include Odyssey.. I think.. no.. Estima more spacious as it's more tall also..

Eh, the other day I really saw a relatively new Viano registered with private car plate. And the logo says CDI, so I suppose it's diesel.

haha... have.. I went to view at CnC.. it's too much of a van than a car.. but damn damn comfy.. :wub:

i think if need to seat 9 persons, there are not many options to begin with, especially if you prefer a car look (ugly or nice aside) rather than a van look type.

The Merc Viano or Vito can probably stretch to 4 rows but they are very expensive.

So this Stavic is going to be the only choice if budget is a constraint.

But then again, has anyone tried the 4th row? I always wonder how to get into the last row as getting into 3rd row is already a problem for normal MPVs.

And indeed FC is interesting. anyone knows how is that?

I was at the SsangYong Showroom many years back where they had the 9-seater variant on display. With 9 seats onboard, forget about boot space, and legroom is really tight. I didn't like the low-to-the-ground seats either as that meant being in a squatting position rather than seated in/on the chairs. Haha.

I was at the SsangYong Showroom many years back where they had the 9-seater variant on display. With 9 seats onboard, forget about boot space, and legroom is really tight. I didn't like the low-to-the-ground seats either as that meant being in a squatting position rather than seated in/on the chairs. Haha.

I went to the one quite near my place.. in Middle Road.. yupps. .they used up the bootspace for 4th row..

I went to the one quite near my place.. in Middle Road.. yupps. .they used up the bootspace for 4th row..

Aiyoh, for sure lah... It is afterall a car, not a bus. If got 4 rows of seat, and still got boot space, then must be like those US very-long limos...

Even for the Wish that i drive, 3 rows already no boot space liao... If there are 4 rows, where to find the space since Stavic is only a bit longer than Wish?

I'm just thinking that this car might be an option for a friend of mine. She has 5 kids and 2 maids, so i imagine going out is always a problem since the kids were young. They need the seats, but maybe not necessarily need a lot of leg room...

Aiyoh, for sure lah... It is afterall a car, not a bus. If got 4 rows of seat, and still got boot space, then must be like those US very-long limos...

Even for the Wish that i drive, 3 rows already no boot space liao... If there are 4 rows, where to find the space since Stavic is only a bit longer than Wish?

I'm just thinking that this car might be an option for a friend of mine. She has 5 kids and 2 maids, so i imagine going out is always a problem since the kids were young. They need the seats, but maybe not necessarily need a lot of leg room...

true true.. Actually I respect Wish.. Given that it's quite small to look from outside.. interior quite big. and 3rd row.. spacious.. but one things for sure.. no offence bro.. above 120 not so stable

WAH.. 5 kids.. wow.. then bobian.. Alphard.. [:p][rolleyes]

true true.. Actually I respect Wish.. Given that it's quite small to look from outside.. interior quite big. and 3rd row.. spacious.. but one things for sure.. no offence bro.. above 120 not so stable

WAH.. 5 kids.. wow.. then bobian.. Alphard.. [:p][rolleyes]

On Wish's 3rd row, are you referencing it to other mid-sized MPVs, or even to the full-sized MPVs too? I know for my budget when looking for a MPV, Wish was among the best in terms of space, but I'd not tried those 2.0 l and above (Odessey, Picnic, etc.). If those are not much more spacious than Wish, then that's really bad...

I don't drive that fast much. Only did one trip to Genting, and I recalled it was fine going at 110 definitely (quite law-abiding with parents and kids on board). Had gone to max 140 then, and felt it alright - maybe it was cos we had 6 and quite a few luggages so car was heavy...

I think my friend's 5 kids are now in P3 to O Levels... Even if Alphard, with only 3 rows i think cannot squeeze right? Remember got 2 maids too...

↡ Advertisement