English-speaking 3rd World behaviour people:(

Gitanic

English-speaking,3rd World behaviour  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What U tink?

• They are high class
    • Despise them as well

There is a funny phenomenon in SG that English-speaking people are considered higher class people.

When it is a common language in certain less developed countries.

Singaporeans commonly take it as so.

And newer immigrants /FTs knows about this too. :blink:

Even my neighbor speaking half-fark English insist on speaking half-fark English w/o making effort to improve/or not know how.

And it is commonly so.

And i observed many new FTs/new immigrants here do the same, probably infested by us.

But when you see the way they behave,eg,speaking loudly in buses/MRT/restaurants etc,they are no less than 3rd World low class.

And it seems they think they are high class and proudly doing it away.

Is there a correlation between English speaking and high classiness? [hur]

What you think?

Edited by Gitanic
↡ Advertisement

What is your definition of "3rd world" behaviour? If it's about speaking loudly in appropriate settings, I've seen plenty of people speaking Mandarin (and they were clearly Singaporean from their speech pattern) or Hokkien or other dialects doing the same. I've also seen people doing the same in Eastern European tongues (these are Caucasians, but their mother tongue is not English). I've also seen Singaporeans engaging in lots of other non-civic-conscious behaviour.

Low class is low class, inconsiderate is inconsiderate, and it's not restricted to one group of people, so what's your point?

And not to put too fine a point on it, but "infested by us"? No offence, but you're probably the last person who should be casting aspersions on others for their "half-fark English". [rolleyes]

Edited by Turboflat4

if u are able to speak properly in any language or ur own language..u will definitely be a class above others...but um...if its half farked english just to put others down...then they are def no class [:p]:D

Edited by Gabriel

if u are able to speak properly in any language or ur own language..u will definitely be a class above others...but um...if its half farked english just to put others down...then they are def no class [:p]:D

This, I agree with, but you do realise that this: (using) "half farked english just to put others down", is exactly what TS is doing? :D

Edited by Turboflat4

if 70% of the additional 1.9 million new immigrants insist on speaking Mandarin, how?

can't really blame them 'cos S'pore has 4 official languages and Chinese happens to be one of them...... [laugh]

can't really blame them 'cos S'pore has 4 official languages and Chinese happens to be one of them...... [laugh]

yalor yalor, become unofficial national language how?

Edited by Goldbug

What is your definition of "3rd world" behaviour? If it's about speaking loudly in appropriate settings, I've seen plenty of people speaking Mandarin (and they were clearly Singaporean from their speech pattern) or Hokkien or other dialects doing the same. I've also seen people doing the same in Eastern European tongues (these are Caucasians, but their mother tongue is not English). I've also seen Singaporeans engaging in lots of other non-civic-conscious behaviour.

Low class is low class, inconsiderate is inconsiderate, and it's not restricted to one group of people, so what's your point?

And not to put too fine a point on it, but "infested by us"? No offence, but you're probably the last person who should be casting aspersions on others for their "half-fark English". [rolleyes]

i 1/4 fark? :huh:

yalor yalor, become unofficial national language how?

Thought 'unofficial national language' is Hokkien??? 'cos during NS all races 1st few swearing words from the mouth is almost "KNNBCCB"........ [lipsrsealed][laugh]