Peugeot 408@$139,800

Spring

Saw the advert in yesterday's ST of Peugeot 408@$139,800.

Appreciate comments from fellow forumners on this car especially current n ex Peugeot owner's.

Is this a fair price? Car good? Compared to Jap's, Korean's or other Conti's how does it fair?

Heard is made in Malaysia?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Saw the advert in yesterday's ST of Peugeot 408@$139,800.

Appreciate comments from fellow forumners on this car especially current n ex Peugeot owner's.

Is this a fair price? Car good? Compared to Jap's, Korean's or other Conti's how does it fair?

Heard is made in Malaysia?

parts expensive even if its assembled in bole land [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Top up abit more can get a BMW too and even more awesome... Conti parts really expensive now a day, you thought JP car cheap in spare parts? Not at all anymore while you just see their currency compare to Eur...

Peg THP engine is share design by both BMW/PSA which used by Citroen; MINI and Peugeot... Even those some model of BMW is using this engine for their entry level 4 cylinders turbo model too...

Just go test drive and do a judge by yourself, and compare more review via internet...

Unless you really like peugeot, don't bother.

Parts are not that easy to find as compared to BMW, Merc, Audi, etc.

Hopefully the car's standard hasn't dropped from the good old days of the 505 and the 605.

actually parts not that hard to find and cheaper compare to fiat and china brand car. somemore like some say is make it malaysia "lagi no problem" lol.

if buy new car still scare break down, 2nd hand car higher chance right? i think la

For tat price, I would rather get a 2nd Lexus GS. Conti car always don't last! Driven many b4 but never impresses me except for Porsche........hehehehehhehehe.

Have to bear in mind a used GS around that price would be a 2009 car. Only left 7 years. So yearly depreciation is significantly higher, not to mention road tax.

Unless you really like peugeot, don't bother.

Parts are not that easy to find as compared to BMW, Merc, Audi, etc.

Hopefully the car's standard hasn't dropped from the good old days of the 505 and the 605.

Was it the 505 or 504 which came in within top three in Africa Safari Rally before the series stopped?

Was it the 505 or 504 which came in within top three in Africa Safari Rally before the series stopped?

i'm guessing the 504

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_Rally

Well there were 2 505s in my family.

The 3 speed automatic which was later sold for the 4 speed automatic due to the 3 speeds fuel inefficiency.

Peugeot made nice looking cars like the 406 but i think it all went down the drain after that.

The rear of 408 seems to have borrowed the stylings of the 406 and that's the only bit of the car i like. The front looks like its trying too hard.

The price of the car is reasonable i guess for a conti car but parts will be hard to find.

Not sure if you'll be able to remap the ECU to get more power.