Mazda CX9

Icebrush79

haha wanted to start a thread on this but ts beat me to it. quite interested in this car too, design honestly is not too bad. but 3.7l is kinda overkill IMO. a 2.5T would have been just nice. Will go check it out one of these days.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

That's the the width from middle of wheel to middle of wheel. The actual width is about 1936mm.

Yes, you are right 1644 is wheel to wheel. Sgcarmart.com has to update with the correct info!

Power 274 bhp

Torque 367 Nm

Acceleration 10.1s (0-100 kmh)

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=11287

3.7L car and the 0 to 100 km so slow? not impressive spec at all......should come with turbo like the CX7...

It will be nice to drive on NSHW with big family. In city drive, it would be extremely inconvenient - acceleration, petrol and tax!

really wonder why they decided to equip the cx9 with such a huge engine.

Nothing replace capacity...actually for the CX-9,refinement comes first,not performance,but front wheel drive is really a letdown.

Nothing replace capacity...actually for the CX-9,refinement comes first,not performance,but front wheel drive is really a letdown.

I guess you're right. I saw in a au website that there are 4 trim levels and the highest trim comes in 4wd. Hopefully that will be brought in!

Went to biew the car today. Oh its only at lengkee showroom not at ubi showroom. Anyway quite an impressive car. I think its as big as a q7? Looks solid too. But no test drive available as the test drive car was loan out to a journalist according to them. Will post more when i finally get to test it

Engine is from Ford, built on the extended Ford Edge platform.

Pretty big but it's a full sized SUV and are mostly catered for the North American buyers.

Edited by Holdenutessv

Pretty big but it's a full sized SUV and are mostly catered for the North American buyers.

Any idea if the engine can be tunes for more power?

This engine & chassis not from Ford,Mazda already long time parted with Ford.