Mazda CX9

Icebrush79

most steering in this class is like that one lah... cannot compare conti SUVs

I tested sorento before, it is light, but not as light as xtrail....

Sorento is a good choice...just that I have time to play with... no harm waiting for CX9 to be release before making a decision.

the sorento pretty decent too. steering wheel kinda light though. feels wierd.

lol

↡ Advertisement

most steering in this class is like that one lah... cannot compare conti SUVs

I tested sorento before, it is light, but not as light as xtrail....

Sorento is a good choice...just that I have time to play with... no harm waiting for CX9 to be release before making a decision.

x trail also not a bad choice to be honest if you don't need such a big car.

the 2 extra seats is only for occasaional usage and i really like the 360 camera

the top spec sorento is nice. but cost 40k more even without the AWD. things like the auto park is nice but not need to have. not sure if it's worth the premium. the screen is kinda small too.

if the mazda is in the 180-200k range then it will be lagi bo hua leh. might as well go for a vellfire?

SUVs were never meant to be a 7 seater anyway. 90% of the time will be 1-2 pax in the car anyway

Xtrail deal breaker is the 2.0 CVT......under-powered and damn noisy..lethal combination. Rest of equipment level is good.

why buy a car for me to curse at it everytime I drive... :D

the sorento miniscule screen is something that put me off sorento initially when I was looking around and  finally decided that I still have time to wait for other new car launch in the next 6-12months before I make the decision to change.

x trail also not a bad choice to be honest if you don't need such a big car.

the 2 extra seats is only for occasaional usage and i really like the 360 camera

the top spec sorento is nice. but cost 40k more even without the AWD. things like the auto park is nice but not need to have. not sure if it's worth the premium. the screen is kinda small too.

if the mazda is in the 180-200k range then it will be lagi bo hua leh. might as well go for a vellfire?

SUVs were never meant to be a 7 seater anyway. 90% of the time will be 1-2 pax in the car anyway

Turbocharged

Xtrail deal breaker is the 2.0 CVT......under-powered and damn noisy..lethal combination. Rest of equipment level is good.

the sorento miniscule screen is something that put me off sorento initially when I was looking around and  finally decided that I still have time to wait for other new car launch in the next 6-12months before I make the decision to change.

go for santa fe then, good enough power and pretty decent equipment level

SF vs Sorento vs Cx9

have to wait for Cx9 to come out before making an informed decision...now COE also not exactly inviting

go for santa fe then, good enough power and pretty decent equipment level

Turbocharged

SF vs Sorento vs Cx9

have to wait for Cx9 to come out before making an informed decision...now COE also not exactly inviting

haha.. i also waiting, got 6mths to play.

this weekend got invite from wearnes for pte sale [laugh]

SF vs Sorento vs Cx9

Yes would agree with SF vs Sorento vs CX9.

SF is a good car but platform is a bit dated now. The plastics used are not as premium as that of the Sorento. Also it is smaller.

Between CX9 and Sorento isn't that straightforward.

I bought a Sorento and am very happy with it. But if the CX9 was available at the time, and without having ever driven either a Kia or a diesel, the following would have given me pause:-

- Do I prefer the more quiet and familiar petrol engine to Sorento Diesel?

- Cx9 has better luggage space with all 7 seats up

- Sorento's tiny 4.3" screen

- Mazda seems to be a better brand than Kia

Now on the flip side, now that I've had the Sorento for a few months, if I were given the opportunity to switch, I would consider the following:

- Now that I'm driving the diesel, I love the combination of power and fuel economy (11-12 km/L real world fc + 85c per L) and do not mind the slight diesel clatter. Do I want to move to a 8-9km / L real world fc car?

- Lack of 3rd row aircon vents in cx9

- Kia just won consumer reports and JD Power awards. Is Mazda going to be as reliable?

- Do I want to pay $xxx more?

Think ultimately, for most people, it's going to come down to a comparison of price point, features, diesel vs petrol and preference on looks.

• Praise 1

Wearnes...hahah ..you should look at the discovery sports if they have good deal.... but for discovery sports kind of asking price, I rather go for XC60 when they have special deals.

Discovery sports is decent, but the interior is quite a letdown in terms of fit and finish for a car this price.

let me know what deals they have! [;)]

Turbocharged

Wearnes...hahah ..you should look at the discovery sports if they have good deal.... but for discovery sports kind of asking price, I rather go for XC60 when they have special deals.

Discovery sports is decent, but the interior is quite a letdown in terms of fit and finish for a car this price.

let me know what deals they have! [;)]

dun think i will go as most offer will be management units with immediate handover, probably more active in hunting during oct period

[thumbsup]

don't waste time  :D

dun think i will go as most offer will be management units with immediate handover, probably more active in hunting during oct period

Turbocharged

[thumbsup]

don't waste time  :D

i relac one corner, when time comes, the destined car will come to me [laugh]

Bro i can recommend u vw touareg. They do have brand new unit from malaysia leftover stock, if i remember correctly about 230k. That should be one of the best suv i ever tested that value for money. Don't bother with disc sport, rx, x5, x3 and xc60, touareg is best. I almost bought one but i worry about resale value cos i change car quite often

But gearbox should be ok since they use ZF 8 speed auto, somemore got 3 yrs warranty.

Turbocharged

Bro i can recommend u vw touareg. They do have brand new unit from malaysia leftover stock, if i remember correctly about 230k. That should be one of the best suv i ever tested that value for money. Don't bother with disc sport, rx, x5, x3 and xc60, touareg is best. I almost bought one but i worry about resale value cos i change car quite often

But gearbox should be ok since they use ZF 8 speed auto, somemore got 3 yrs warranty.

problem is, i dun like vw [laugh] [laugh]

problem is, i dun like vw [laugh] [laugh]

I also dun like

But u need to test drive to know. Its a diff vw. U feel more like in cayenne

Maybe better than cayenne.

But heard new touareg coming up.

no android auto for you?

[;)]

Does the sorento offer that?

SF vs Sorento vs Cx9

SF is very tight at 3rd row, smaller than outlander but bigger than xtrail.
  • Praise 1

Got a pre owned discovery sports (2015) which i checked out while at Jag.. With black pack somemore.. ARF 90k!

Very nice car..fully loaded HSE with pano roof and all.. But SE said free servicing not transferrable to next owner.

Each time servicing is $800-$1000 at Jag, not sure if the same for Land Rover.

Change EO, oil filter and do some checks only need premium $$

That said, that preown Discovery Sport is quite a good buy at 16.5k depre.

↡ Advertisement