Engine shuddering jerking

• Search this thread
53 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Robinyip
  • Premium member
    Robinyip
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi all,

i have an issue when i am idling at traffic lights.

As and when, i will feel a shuddering shiver from the engine bay. Worst when i on the aircon.

Then if i move in low speed, i will be jerking badly.

I used to have this problem then i changed the ignition coil.

All is fine only for a few weeks and the problem came back again.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Dice
  • Premium member
    Dice
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ask mechanic to check engine mount

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Robinyip
  • Premium member
    Robinyip
    3rd Gear

Ask mechanic to check engine mount

thanks, but the shudder is not constant.

Off and on..especially when i just move off, after i drive for 10 mins, everything is fine.

come and go..i went goggling and it might be misfiring?

any recommendation workshops to diagnose this?

Edited by Robinyip, 05 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Kengheng450
  • Premium member
    Kengheng450
    1st Gear

Off and on..especially when i just move off, after i drive for 10 mins, everything is fine.

check your drive shaft

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

MkMan
  • Premium member
    MkMan
    5th Gear

try replace your spark plug cable or plugs
1) Service to the public trust
2) Protect the innocent
3) Uphold the law

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

MkMan
  • Premium member
    MkMan
    5th Gear

try replace your spark plug cable or plugs
1) Service to the public trust
2) Protect the innocent
3) Uphold the law

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Eng40765
  • Eng40765
    3rd Gear

Had the same thing on Jazz, its the engine mount.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

marwing
  • marwing
    2nd Gear

I agree with bro earlier, it is the engine mount problem. Wear and tear. Small case. Change them for $400+.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Robinyip
  • Premium member
    Robinyip
    3rd Gear

thanks any good workshop to recommend to diagnose this problem? driving a swift

Edited by Robinyip, 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Robinyip
  • Premium member
    Robinyip
    3rd Gear

Had the same thing on Jazz, its the engine mount.

bro ur vibration is constant vibration or on off vibration?

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

NOS-ed

If vibration is on and off, should not be engine mount.
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

E92alvin
  • E92alvin
    Neutral Newbie

Does the engine felt like misfiring causing the jerk? yes.. maybe caused by faulty ignition coils.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Robinyip
  • Premium member
    Robinyip
    3rd Gear

Does the engine felt like misfiring causing the jerk? yes.. maybe caused by faulty ignition coils.

when i accelerate from gear 1 or gear 2 in low rpm speeds, will be jerky like the whole car jumping.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Motion5
  • Motion5
    Neutral Newbie

hi just to ask what car you driving. every car problem not the same.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Robinyip
  • Premium member
    Robinyip
    3rd Gear

hi just to ask what car you driving. every car problem not the same.

hi driving a manual suzuki swift

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious

Got check your engine oil level? Is it low? Make sure the engine has been off for at least 3-4hrs before checking your dipstick.

One way to know whether engine mount need replacement is putting your car to "R". Once you feel the gear engage and you feel the strong judder afterwards dan you know it's time.

Switch on aircon confirm will feel vibration coz it's tapping power from your engine.

How old is your car what mileage? Do you use injector cleaners once in a while to clear carbon? Clogged fuel injectors will give you those symptoms at low speeds too.

Your symptoms are too common to diagnose. It's like going to the doctor and keep telling him you got running nose and fever. So many illness can cause that. It's your body you shud know well. Same for car. You shud know best.

If you do a search here. There are a handful with the same problem. In the end also dunno what happen to them lah. It's either they are clueless or they usually dun bother. Dan the mechanic will tell them to change a lot of parts until they scared or broke.

Edited by Watwheels, 05 February 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Winter is Coming!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Xlxl123
  • Xlxl123
    Neutral Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem, with my honda civic, manual. Problem for at least 2 years but haven't fixed.

Think it may only exist on manual, and only happen when engine is cold.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

E92alvin
  • E92alvin
    Neutral Newbie

Highly suspect your car ignition coils maybe faulty again. Not likely to be caused by engine mountings as the vibration will be felt all the time. Since you had your ignition coil replaced, better to go back to the workshop to get them check again.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    Supercharged

Got check your engine oil level? Is it low? Make sure the engine has been off for at least 3-4hrs before checking your dipstick.

Umm bro, oil level should be checked when warm unless otherwise stated. I haven't come across a car where the oil should be checked cold.

As for TS, basic diagnosis starts with spark and fuel.

Edited by Myxilplix, 05 February 2013 - 10:31 PM.

Nobody cares unless you're beautiful or dead.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Gee
  • Gee
    6th Gear

I would Check spark plugs, ignition system first.
Could be misfiring.

so and so - capitaine lentement

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users