Dual Citizenship For Singapore? Your Views?

Vulcann

Dual Citizenship For Singapore?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to dual citizenship to counter the adverse effects of our declining birth rate & ageing population?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

because PRC wants SG passport

jet li, gong li and vicky zhao ... all millionaires ... you think they live in sg?

if singapore allow dual citizenship

prc, indonesia richie, hk richie, taiwan richie, korean richie, all Q up like condo launch to get SG passport

SG passport can travel around the world almost all countries visa free unless you go places like Syria, etc

Even if Sg allows dual citizenship, countries like China, India, Indonesia etc do not allow dual. That means there is no meaning for those citizens unless or otherwise those countries also follow suit. Koreans, Pinoys and Banglas can get a dual as on today!

↡ Advertisement

Not sure what it means.

Always thought it is just semantics.

PR status in Singapore - can buy HDB, use our healthcare, use school yet no need NS.. Why still wanna be citizen?

If there is any consolation, male offspring of the original PR need to serve NS.

you sure? heard many prc kid planning to run road back to china by age of 16-18

If there is any consolation, male offspring of the original PR need to serve NS.

If I remember correctly, out of 1,200 folks who renounce citizenship yearly, 300 of those are new citizens.

Out of these so-called quitters there will inevitably be some who purposely run-road because of NS obligations.

Yes I'm sure. But if they have the intent to run road and never come back, nothing much ICA can do about that.

But seriously, regarding China and India not being allowed to hold dual citizenship.

At the end of it all when they want to cash out and go back to the homeland (assuming they don't just use Singapore passport to jump off to US/Canada/Aussie/etc), how difficult is it going to be for them to regain their original citizenship?

from the recent 6.9M discussion as extension....probably we should practice dual standard for dual Citizenship..

- if there is no choice..and FT gates be opening wider...

those known as new citizen be converted to Singaporean....... we cannot allow these people to have DC.....

- but for current true blue singaporean..... since we are screwed.... and people take away our job.... we should be given a chance and other another option......

they should allow the true blue singapoean to have DC......

so when we are really screwed...in 2030.....we still can cherry pick....where to settle down....... and once a while come back here for holiday....

Lan la.

Look, if a person wants to run in times of crisis, he will do so whether he got dual citizenship or not. You think tying us down with pink IC means we will help fight for you meh?

I'm willing to bet more than a few Singaporeans will happily take the first route out once we're in trouble, pink IC or not.

Supercharged

then allow dual citizenship for man after 45 years old? lolz

If allow dual citizenship after 45 years old, then might as well allow it at no age limit. If don't allow, then applies to all age, to make things simple.

Actually for males, dual citizenship could be used to avoid NS. After 40 years old there is no more NS, so its not so important after all, unless the guy has special reasons for it, eg. frequent travel to that particular country for visiting close relatives, strong business links, etc

Lan la.

Look, if a person wants to run in times of crisis, he will do so whether he got dual citizenship or not. You think tying us down with pink IC means we will help fight for you meh?

I'm willing to bet more than a few Singaporeans will happily take the first route out once we're in trouble, pink IC or not.

assuming singapore is at war with another country.

and u are the citizen of BOTH sg and that country.

both sides call u to take arms..

who to choose? -_-

assuming singapore is at war with another country.

and u are the citizen of BOTH sg and that country.

both sides call u to take arms..

who to choose? -_-

Personally (and this is just personal opinion):

I choose neither. I would rather not partake in war. My decision would be to flee to a neutral country with family.

Turbocharged

Yes.. 2nd gen PR need to serve NS, but they can opt out by renouncing the PR status..

But next time, ICA will not let them work in SG so easily.. unless of course, you're a billionaire who wants to invest here etc etc...

i will let my foes have the honour of dying for their countries to whoever dares to invade the sovereignty of singapore.

for honour and glory!

Glad to have ppl like u to defend my assets in SG. [thumbsup]

Actually our gar knew of this dual citizen but kept their eye close lah. This is happening to all PRC. All PRC only need to give up their china passport in exchange for sg passport and pink ic. They still get to keep their PRC IC and still a Chinese citizen. Get to keep their property in China n buy HDB

But seriously, regarding China and India not being allowed to hold dual citizenship.

At the end of it all when they want to cash out and go back to the homeland (assuming they don't just use Singapore passport to jump off to US/Canada/Aussie/etc), how difficult is it going to be for them to regain their original citizenship?

very easy? I recall reading a singaporean lady? uniformed employee went awol? and took an indian citizenship and return to singapore.. but got caught after that..

↡ Advertisement