2 cars with same number plate?

Yamapi

Slight correction. The victim was driving a normal Lancer EX. [laugh]

iirc, the offender was a club bouncer and driving an EVO X, the victim was a Lancer EX.

Pretty dumb to chalk up summons just because it's a fake VRN, easily lead to the venues of offences and get caught [laugh]

Supercharged

It's possible lah.

Transferring an existing VRN onto another vehicle, .. while a new VRN is to be assigned for the old one.

Did that before lah.

While it is completely legal, I doubt TP will smile much when, back then, we drove two vehicles out together, and parked side-by-side.

still not possible....... your existing VRN and new VRN are same number and letters meh?

still not possible....... your existing VRN and new VRN are same number and letters meh?

3 day grace period... so old car haven't change with new number, new car installed plates with the old number. Viola! Two cars with the same VRN...

Turbocharged

Bro, possible la..

Eg, I trade in my old car for a new car, but want to retain my existing number. So on the day i exchange the car, i drove the old car to the showroom, by then, the dealer already done all the paperwork in preparation of my car collection.. voila, both cars have the same number

Bro, possible la..

Eg, I trade in my old car for a new car, but want to retain my existing number. So on the day i exchange the car, i drove the old car to the showroom, by then, the dealer already done all the paperwork in preparation of my car collection.. voila, both cars have the same number

You mean the dealer would then drive your old car with your old car plate number to LTA to change to the new car number?!

Supercharged

Bro, possible la..

oh i get it... 3 days grace period.

That'll be a YES.

For 2-3 days only if I recall correctly.

I wonder why those who are unsure or clueless, .. will be so insistent that "that is not possible!"

Com'on la!

I've been there, done that.

If you have doubts, ... go ask TP and/or LTA.

I'm sure you'll trust replies from the official, recognised relevant Authorities.

Not sure about the example from TS..., but yup.done that before.. Drove old car to AD for trade-in when collecting new car. Both have same number as i chose to retain my old registration number.. I even took a pic of both rides having the same plate at the AD's carpark :)

It could be this. The cars could be belonging to the showroom maybe? And they in the midst of changing plate?

The plate is registered to a GS 350 F Sport, so I presume the grey one is the 'right' one.

maybe owner first buy normal GS.. he see new F s Spork come out.. then he upgradE? [rolleyes]

not logical. Road tax is only for 1 vehicle. One of the vehicle would not have the road tax. If you can drive two cars with same VRN even for that 3 days, it should be illegal.

↡ Advertisement