Car insurance question

Mllcg

Would like to check.

can the car owner and policyholder for the insurance be different people?

↡ Advertisement

but i thought the policyholder does not have to be the car owner?

as in, u can buy insurance to cover a car that does not belong to u since u are driving most of the time

Nope,... cannot lah,... :huh:

Car owner and policy holder have to be the same person,... -_-

You cannot own a car without insurance and neither can you buy a policy without owning a car,.... <_<

Maybe Ah Kong Insurance Pte Ltd will sell you the policy,... [hur][rolleyes]

However, if the car owner does not drive often, he/she can nominate a named driver as the main driver,.... i think. [idea]

but i thought the policyholder does not have to be the car owner?

as in, u can buy insurance to cover a car that does not belong to u since u are driving most of the time

if can use other ppl's name, those ricer boy dont have to pay so much extra premium for owning their ricer car liao....

Actually its the Car owner will have the insurance under the name...

but what most people do to save money would be to let their parents to be the car owner while they will be the guarrantor in order to take loan...

in this case.. the insurance will be under the parents... and its up to them to put their name in or not...

and of course whether u put ur name in or not its up to u... as long as u know if an accident were to happen...

can claim or not and how to claim and the amount of excess u have to pay and all...

Can. Provided the registered owner has no license of that particular class then another person can be the policyholder.

Definately can.

The registered owner of the car do not need to buy any insurance for the car, if the owner is not going to drive the car.

The driver that is intending to drive the car will need to buy insurance for the car.

You can also buy two or more insurance for the same car.

As long as a car has at least one insurance, then it can legally be on the road.

Definately can.

The registered owner of the car do not need to buy any insurance for the car, if the owner is not going to drive the car.

The driver that is intending to drive the car will need to buy insurance for the car.

You can also buy two or more insurance for the same car.

As long as a car has at least one insurance, then it can legally be on the road.

You are right.

Last time, I think 10 years ago (can't remember exactly), my brother bought a car under my name due to loan issues cos not enough declared income. But the insurance was under his name. Got once, he even got into an accident and claim the insurance. My own NCD was not affected cos this insurance was not under my name.

basically, this is what i wanna know

is this possible:

car owner=me.

policy holder=family member

and named driver=me

possible?

basically, this is what i wanna know

is this possible:

car owner=me.

policy holder=family member

and named driver=me

possible?

Cannot. Since you got driving license and owner of the car, you have to be the policyholder.

Actually hor, I went to posb car insurance website and in their FAQ section this is what it said...

7. What if the Registered Owner is not driving the car?

If the Registered Owner applying for DriveShield is not driving the insured vehicle at all (e.g. no driving license), please call MSIG Insurance at 6827 7608 for a quotation. The quotation will be based on the profile of the main driver.

So the registered owner of the car don't have to be the policy holder...can anyone confirm this? Any bros here got MSIG insurance?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Registered Owner has to be the policy owner but the quotation is quoted based on the driver (Name driver), using the named driver profile to quote for premium only. That wat its mean.

Edited by EZHubIns

Insurance hv to always follow car owner. U may try to add in an experienced named driver which may reduce premium.

Buying a 2nd hand car

The dealer is asking me to send a copy of my NRIC and License so he can apply for insurance to take effect when i take over the car

Why do we need the NRIC and License? I check the forms like no need

Anyone knows?

Neutral Newbie

i want a transparency between all ages and car types and current rates of insurance...cos this industry is so obscured.... and during fannie and mac...incident..these jokers always laufing...govt please provide...no way to high price and kindly welcome new players rather than i can only subscribe ntuc.......any help? cloudy leh...why would whole country want secrecy where its a viable business and they hedge against stuff... got money buy stuff, no money to reduce... my insurance is $757++... but i want it to be at $400-500++, can help...? no claim one. now inflation also got..to me insurance 100% make money.... everyone can buy those tech stuff lols...every month...we slog like hell...of course.. i want to buy sports car with super low insurance..cos i am a safe and defensive driver....any special categories to put me in...the current system ....is outdated.

Edited by Droolkid

i want a transparency between all ages and car types and current rates of insurance...cos this industry is so obscured.... and during fannie and mac...incident..these jokers always laufing...govt please provide...no way to high price and kindly welcome new players rather than i can only subscribe ntuc.......any help? cloudy leh...why would whole country want secrecy where its a viable business and they hedge against stuff... got money buy stuff, no money to reduce... my insurance is $757++... but i want it to be at $400-500++, can help...? no claim one. now inflation also got..to me insurance 100% make money.... everyone can buy those tech stuff lols...every month...we slog like hell...of course.. i want to buy sports car with super low insurance..cos i am a safe and defensive driver....any special categories to put me in...the current system ....is outdated.

U can get cheap insurance. Can. U pull yr excess super high. Yr main prem will be cheap.

Edited by Sgcarsexpensive
↡ Advertisement