TP: Road hogging is an offence but tailgating is not

Sw20

How many times overtake from the left? Maybe LTA should change the rules to keep RIGHT UNLESS OVER TAKING then can free up the 1st lane for fast moving vehicle. Opposite psychology.

• Praise 1

u were speeding, tailgating, undertaking and driving dangerously..and after overtaking u did not go back to lane 2 and keep to speed limit [rolleyes]

I think the crux is that due to his speed, he ended up undertaking to keep to that speed, many instances of understeer due to high speed at bends, no lane discipline as well.

Tailgating wise, I think it was much lesser as he sees far ahead and plans his undertaking route. I cannot agree that those vehicles were hogging as his speed meant that these vehicles were not given the time to react and give way, only the red taxi was experienced enough to do so.

How many times overtake from the left? Maybe LTA should change the rules to keep RIGHT UNLESS OVER TAKING then can free up the 1st lane for fast moving vehicle. Opposite psychology.

put additional ERP on lane 1...

Based on the non action of the police patrol car, does that mean that road hogging is perfectly legal?

Road hogging is perfectly "legal" in SG [:|]

The hardest Theory for SG drivers to understand is not the Atomic Theory or the Chaos Theory.

The hardest Theory for SG drivers to understand is the.... "Keep left unless over-taking" Theory [dead]

Seems that it requires PhD level of Intelligence to be able to understand this theory in SG... <_<

• Praise 1

Road hogging is perfectly "legal" in SG [:|]

The hardest Theory for SG drivers to understand is not the Atomic Theory or the Chaos Theory.

The hardest Theory for SG drivers to understand is the.... "Keep left unless over-taking" Theory [dead]

Seems that it requires PhD level of Intelligence to be able to understand this theory in SG... <_<

what to do, it's not included in pre-school and no such enrichment class available... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

You deserve a summons.

That's reckless driving IMO.

Driving like that causes accidents.

If there is no idiots road hogged on the 1st lane do i need to change lane/ undertaking? If I can overtake from 1st lane(which serve the purpose of being there) will i be dangerous? So road hoggers cause the danger or me?

Just now on TPE,this red crown taxi hog my 1st lane at 70km/h than I horn at him yet he still bo chap so I overtake him n slow down my speed till total stop in front of him,now he know I bo song just now he hog my 1st lane,he signal n move to center lane than I speed up n drive off..real too lang all this hogger especially inside kpe,u kiasi den move one side lah,let those bo kiasi one speed up n clear the road lah..be more road courtesy n more considerate..

Bro your driving can cause accidents. Is a already a problem with this taxi, here you are adding on problems. Not right leh

If there is no idiots road hogged on the 1st lane do i need to change lane/ undertaking? If I can overtake from 1st lane(which serve the purpose of being there) will i be dangerous? So road hoggers cause the danger or me?

With your speed I guess whole Singaporean drivers are idiot to drive on lane one. Maybe you can change your plate to TMJ so everyone will keep left for you.

• Praise 1

Just now on TPE,this red crown taxi hog my 1st lane at 70km/h than I horn at him yet he still bo chap so I overtake him n slow down my speed till total stop in front of him,now he know I bo song just now he hog my 1st lane,he signal n move to center lane than I speed up n drive off..real too lang all this hogger especially inside kpe,u kiasi den move one side lah,let those bo kiasi one speed up n clear the road lah..be more road courtesy n more considerate..

Bro, we all are no traffic police, please don't take things into your own hand, there are enough road ragers already. If he hog lane 1, so be it, undertake and move on, there are countless case in sg.

Neutral Newbie

Now what, I overtake from left people say I drove recklessly.

If I follow OVERTAKE FROM RIGHT rule become I tailgate those road hoggers.

Any genius can give me advice?

I don't think anyone is saying you overtake from left = recklessly, it's your weaving in and out of all the three lanes that everyone consider reckless.

At such a speed and maneuver, you are endangering other drivers life should they not see you and change lane. Their reaction time have been shorten when you speed.Their eyes are not stick to mirror only, they need to look at the front as well, if you appear split second at his blind spot and he change lane, an accident will happen.

Drive within speed, if you are in emergency, drive on shoulder lane. If you are always in emergency then maybe you should think about it why it is always so.

First is what your speed limit ?

If the front car travel at the speed limit of that road, then there is no road hogging. Its you that you travel above the speed limit... -_-

If the front car travel way below the speed limit, then it is road hogging and since left side (middle lane) is clear, overtake it and continue your journey ... :ph34r:

Wait till you are travelling along Jln Buroh and those 10 wheelers, private buses & trailers behind you at the right most lane with the same speed limit with your car.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

First is what your speed limit ?

If the front car travel at the speed limit of that road, then there is no road hogging. Its you that you travel above the speed limit... -_-

If the front car travel way below the speed limit, then it is road hogging and since left side (middle lane) is clear, overtake it and continue your journey ... :ph34r:

Wait till you are travelling along Jln Buroh and those 10 wheelers, private buses & trailers behind you at the right most lane with the same speed limit with your car.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Plus, cannot see the front and their brake lights fail. Lagi [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Aside to Popsux, bro, we are not against your undertaking. The thing is your speed is way above speed limit (110/120). At the speed you change lanes, you become a hazard as people cannot judge your distance and speed, nor can they see you. That is the dangerous part. Sometimes, just wait for 2 - 3 seconds more and you will realise that more vehicles becomes less of a road hogger when they notice you and they will give way. This is my experience.

first off PUI to the driver SJM5***

today morning.

SJM5***

just see how much road you hog after i cut in to your lane. all the way till woodlands ave 12 lane 1 clear because of your stupid hogging ( traveling same speed as truck on lane 2).

so your sticking with your speed limit to waste people's time and you have given yourself a reason that you made other people over take your on the left where you can just keep left.

those big trucks on the left traveling the same speed as you, why don't you join them?

your such a waste of time.

FYI,

the honda in front of me, also cannot tahan. soon after i overtake from the left many cars do the same.

Edited by Kwanheng
↡ Advertisement