TP: Road hogging is an offence but tailgating is not

Sw20

IMHO, speed drivers have even a bigger ego. Speeding @ 120 ~ 150 during day time plain dangerous, especially with so many cars around. What do you get for speeding? Reaching your destination 5 mins earlier telling ppl how fast your car can go & the shiok feeling. So who has bigger ego?

Singapore roads are not built to speed like Autoban. You want to speed, do it in Sepang circuit or do it in the midnight where there's not much cars. You crash & burn is your family's dai ji. Don't kill others while in the process of killing yourself.

You are confusing reckless driving with speeding. Anyway, you are exaggerating when you say 120 - 150 during day time. Even on Sunday, my max speed can only hit 120km/h for a good 1km before I have to slow down.

And no, I don't go around bragging to people that lim peh drove 120km/h very shiok... I don't think the people here does that too.

If today I jogging in the park and I'm faster than everyone else, I don't neh ni neh ni boo boo the others. I just carry on jogging. And for the same analogy, if you are slower than me but in front of me, I will look for ways to pass you or I just say excuse me, or I shag until cannot talk, I make my steps louder so that you'll know I am coming from behind. Will you deliberately block me? Will you just move to one side?

We are all sharing the same roads, be considerate to other road users, doesn't matter within the limits or not. If all road hoggers give way and the overtaking lane is used as it's meant to be used, very soon, the need to drive above 100km/h will become redundant, as traffic is always smooth flowing and we have no need to make up for lost time.

Think about it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

IMHO, speed drivers have even a bigger ego. Speeding @ 120 ~ 150 during day time plain dangerous, especially with so many cars around. What do you get for speeding? Reaching your destination 5 mins earlier telling ppl how fast your car can go & the shiok feeling. So who has bigger ego?

Singapore roads are not built to speed like Autoban. You want to speed, do it in Sepang circuit or do it in the midnight where there's not much cars. You crash & burn is your family's dai ji. Don't kill others while in the process of killing yourself.

You may be right that nine out of ten of those speeding at 120-150km do it out of thrill or they may even be reckless.

However do consider that the tenth person may have a real emergency. An accident to their love ones, seeing someone on their last breathes, ferrying an injured person or a lady due for delivery etc.

It does not take you more than a few seconds to move and let them pass. It does not cost you anything either. In fact if you look for the good things and can imagine you did someone a real favor, it will make you feel good. That tenth person can be you in future. Pass it on.

Cheers.

Edited by Piyopico
  • Praise 2

What do u get for road hogging? Integrity? If theres many car ard no one would be stupid enough to go 120 above. 5 mins means alot for someone dying

Btw Whats ur plate number? If i see on the road i will just undertake u rather than u give way [bigcry]

The pot calling the kettle black.

• Praise 1

One newbie driver asked me the same question as illustrated earlier on.

She was doing 110 and was tail gated by an audi. She was educated by her BIL that she is not wrong not to give way and should ignore cars behind.

I gave her another school of thought and let her choose which one is more appropriate.

She chose the latter. To all road hogs, put your ego aside and get your busts off overtaking lane/1st lane.

Please ask her to educate her BIL.... hopefully one less hogger and one less to anyhow teaching people the wrong things

• Praise 1

Are you saying that you are doing the rest on the road a favor by slowing them down?

Please do not. Move aside and let them pass. Blocking them will only make it worse. 

Driving high speed on a straight road is less dangerous than undertaking hoggers along the way 

• Praise 1

Just wondering ... have you driven north across the border to Malaysia before ?

The NSHW would be a good education for you. In the overtaking lane, the driver will siam and filter to the left when the car behind them is faster ... period. It is the basic "known" rule and it is about being considerate.

In Singapore, lane 1 is for overtaking .....

• Praise 1

The NSHW would be a good education for you. In the overtaking lane, the driver will siam and filter to the left when the car behind them is faster ... period. It is the basic "known" rule and it is about being considerate.

and WHEN you spot a hogger, 9/10 its a singapore plate.....ccb

• Praise 3

my say in this has always been consistent, be gracious!

I never tailgate and just undertake when I find the opportunity.  Safest place to be is always lane 3.  However, more and more heavy goods vehicles are taking that lane now, and almost the norm.  No wonder traffic so crawling nowadays

Another thought

If u wanna be safe n sound, please avoid lane 1

Be considerate n move out of it

Why r hoggers occupying lane 1 obstructing people who wants to drive faster

They are the ones getting the tickets if they so wish to speed, not the hoggers

If all the hoggers leave lane 1, it is actually very safe lane because those who wants to travel faster can do so

• Praise 5

Another thought

If u wanna be safe n sound, please avoid lane 1

Be considerate n move out of it

Why r hoggers occupying lane 1 obstructing people who wants to drive faster

They are the ones getting the tickets if they so wish to speed, not the hoggers

If all the hoggers leave lane 1, it is actually very safe lane because those who wants to travel faster can do so

are you unwell? first time in a long time you made PERFECT SENSE!  :grin:  :grin:  [thumbsup] 

go see that bomoh @vratenza if not well [laugh] 

• Praise 1

and WHEN you spot a hogger, 9/10 its a singapore plate.....ccb

And the best part ... bringing their self entitlement typical Singaporean attitude across the border .... "I am not wrong, I am keeping to the speed limit. What is your problem ?"

One day kena kumtum by the "jiu hu kias" then they kpkb.

In any case, some will never learn.

• Praise 3

Are you saying that you are doing the rest on the road a favor by slowing them down?

Please do not. Move aside and let them pass. Blocking them will only make it worse. 

Driving high speed on a straight road is less dangerous than undertaking hoggers along the way 

Never in my statement that implied that i'm doing a favour slowing down. I do not condone road hoggers nor driving at excessive speed. 

It does look from the response that most here drives in excessive speed disregarding the law & safety of the other road users and think it's right.

You think driving straight is safe?? I had a friend speeding on a straight road, lost control, hit & destroyed a lamp post & almost lost his live. Go ahead by all means if you think it's safe, it's your life not mine. 

• Praise 3

And the best part ... bringing their self entitlement typical Singaporean attitude across the border .... "I am not wrong, I am keeping to the speed limit. What is your problem ?"

One day kena kumtum by the "jiu hu kias" then they kpkb.

In any case, some will never learn.

and no sympathy from me at all.  damn well deserve it!

If there is no respect for other people's laws, get the brunt of what they can do over there...I will sit and clap

• Praise 1

No i have not driven in MY. But i have driven in US for 6 years & had my fair share of education on long & straight roads. Thank you very much.

↡ Advertisement