Topgear Jeremy clarkson said Audi is a piece of junk

Pckwpckw

seriously guys, the conti fad here only happens here

in our neighbouring countries like malaysia, indonesia and thailand, you don't see people actively seeking out to buy a merc, bmw or audi

while this can be attributed to lower income levels, it still won't explain why in australia the people over there prefer ford and mazdas instead of contis

so i think JC has a point that most of us here just won't get

I wonder if there's a correlation between the "conti fad" syndrome for guys and the "AMTK/SPG" syndrome for girls in a country? [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

in our neighbouring countries like malaysia, indonesia and thailand, you don't see people actively seeking out to buy a merc, bmw or audi

while this can be attributed to lower income levels, it still won't explain why in australia the people over there prefer ford and mazdas instead of contis

and what makes you think that most of those in OZ are richer than average singaporeans living in hdb here?

and what makes you think that most of those in OZ are richer than average singaporeans living in hdb here?

Well, looking at this: http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_se...011/quickstat/0 and this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_...ousehold_income and after adjusting for forex, both countries enjoy very similar levels of income. So maybe JC has a point?

somehow he got the point not to mention about other model car maker...to him it's like a piece of dog meat.... [rifle]

Edited by Yrvsport

I think in general, most people have a good perception of Merc, BMW and Audi.

Its definitely not a localized thing

i didn't say they are richer, i said they are comparable

Topgear Jeremy Clarkson said Audi is worse than a China make car and is a piece of junk.

how dare he call an overpriced VW a piece of junk?......tsk tsk.

well i'm not surprised... to us asians the european makes are exotic

its the same with them. to them, japanese cars are exotic

i mean how many times has he driven a japanese and went, this is the best car i've ever driven

off the top of my head, rx8, ae86 and lfa

not sure if he's said that about the gtr but gtr might just be terrifying to him

but seriously, an audi a4 doesn't feel any more luxurious than a hyundai i40. the fact of the day is that unless you compare a porsche with a yaris, the difference isn't much anymore

I think that he did mention that the new GTR is an instrument of speed and he respects the car but still find that it lacks something, like passion.

But then again, he is entitled to his opinion. Whether the car is good or not, there will still be its buyers and supporters. So, let's just enjoy Top Gear and don't take things too seriously. [cool]

Edited by Akiyo

Audi is successful only in china. Because they went into the market earlier. Here in singapore where consumers are more mature and have better taste, Audi is like the underdog of the 3 german brands.

Audi is successful only in china. Because they went into the market earlier. Here in singapore where consumers are more mature and have better taste, Audi is like the underdog of the 3 german brands.

ok ok u r right... happy?

for ang mo beng.

its only junk when he treats it like a Proton by taking a sledge hammer to ramp it to pieces in front of the car showroom or a morris marina by dropping a piano on top of it

Clarkson is a man of contradictions. He is funny and entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

For true, unbiased and objective car reviews, skip Clarkson and turn to the many others out there.

well, for acting like an idiot, he sure get paid well to drive recklessly~!

↡ Advertisement