Be The Bad Guy In The Office Or 在办公室作坏人??

Vulcann

Just had a rather heated argument last week with my superiors before CNY.

Basically just did not agree with some instructions to be passed to my colleagues.

And this was not the first time it happened.

Could understand from my superior's point of view in the interests of the organisation but I just could not carry out the orders since myself was not convinced.

But bo bianz still have to LLST swallow my pride and agree eventually.

True enough when the bad news was announced via e-mail, folks below almost rioted but I had to put up a stout defence to crush the "rebellion" machiam Darth Vader in service of the Emperor -_-

Now not exactly popular lately and the last guy on earth my colleagues wana invite over drinks or dinner.

Point is I am not even management level and really dreads being the hatchet man or 爪牙。

*sigh*

That aside I am quite ok with the more important aspects of the job and to be fair my superiors are not nasty fellas, just that we small fries just do not have the 20/20 vision to see the BIG picture ahead I guess.

Maybe that's why I am still what I am after so many donkey years [shakehead] [shakehead]

Ok enough of the rant.

A happy lunar new year to all bros!!

↡ Advertisement

If you're the team leader, then you're expected to present both the good and bad news though most of the time will be the boss present the good ones while you present the bad ones.... <_<

try taking the stress of the person who has to inform the retrenched staff, one by one and explain the situation over and over again, taking the sh1t from the staff who are angry, sad, frustrate, cursing, aggressive, abusive language, etc.

it is easy to be a good guy, it is never easy to be a bad guy!

The hardest thing is retrenching staff

and I did plenty of that in my time.

Lucky for me the staff knew this would

happen for the last 6 months and when I told

them they were not surprised at all and already made plans.

What was it so difficult you had to tell your staff?

:D

TS, I had this experience also in my former job. But think about it: if you have to do it anyway, or have an intention to carry it out in the end, you might as well appear supportive to your superiors' ideas, right?

This is all about career move, and you can always bide your time to exit later if you really don't agree with the role your superiors assigned to you. Who knows that in the time you're waiting, the good impression you maintain with your superiors may bring you some unexpected benefit - and you then decide to stay [laugh]

Now that you've showed your opposition to the idea, but still carried it out - your superiors form a bad impression of you, and also the underlings who received the bad news also paint you as a bad guy.

TS.....very simple.

All you need to do is to please the man who gives you your annual increment

Who is also the one paying your salary. Your collogues are not the one who pay your salary,

wanna be a good guy, then you will soon be the one killed in the crossfire.

Neutral Newbie

Who is also the one paying your salary. Your collogues are not the one who pay your salary,

wanna be a good guy, then you will soon be the one killed in the crossfire.

finally,....we agreed on something!

try taking the stress of the person who has to inform the retrenched staff, one by one and explain the situation over and over again, taking the sh1t from the staff who are angry, sad, frustrate, cursing, aggressive, abusive language, etc.

it is easy to be a good guy, it is never easy to be a bad guy!

Usually there will be tale tell sign of retrenchment coming. Townhall session, rumour or management re-org will happen first. Sort of giving warnings and preparation for everyone.

Usually there will be tale tell sign of retrenchment coming. Townhall session, rumour or management re-org will happen first. Sort of giving warnings and preparation for everyone.

i was refersing to some sme companies, rumour or tell tale sign and the actual acceptance on the day itself is different thing.

TS is not happy bcos his bosses told him to hire more people.

The factory only has 541 and they need 690.

More people means more jobs, more sales and bigger bonus

for management.

TS know that people will complain office no more space,

canteen too small, people have nowhere to sit.

Canteen operator will put up prices cos demand more than

they can supply. Lunch now more expensive.

The factory bus will be too cramp and people cannot get on.

So on the day he had to tell his colleague, TS keng MC.

:D

[laugh][laugh][laugh] i also wanna open canteen sell nasi lemak [grin]

↡ Advertisement