Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
39 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Salmon
  • Salmon
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I've been receiving a number of spam mails from my friends via yahoo account.

Seems that quite a number of them kena.

It seems that its the server kena hack rather than mailbox password compromised, as one of my friend used complex password containing "#*" also kena while another used all numbers safe and sound.

Anyone kena?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i have 3 email accounts all kana. that becos these 3 emails account always sent to each other.
my password also numbers and alphas.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Kena before, quite frequent. Gmail more robust and no spam also.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Most likely one of the computers you use to access your e-mails has a virus, or you went to bad sites.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I've been receiving a number of spam mails from my friends via yahoo account.

Seems that quite a number of them kena.

It seems that its the server kena hack rather than mailbox password compromised, as one of my friend used complex password containing "#*" also kena while another used all numbers safe and sound.

Anyone kena?

Your password has gone to some bad hands now. You immediately change your password with long alpha-numeric-special characters combo!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Heard a lot of people accounts got hacked.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yahoo is shitty.
Either change your password to very complicated and long ones or get rid of it.

I know many people kena already, including me.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Robin
  • Premium member
    Robin
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

must change password frequently
espically if u notice more weird emails in yr inbox

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yahoo is shitty.
Either change your password to very complicated and long ones or get rid of it.

I know many people kena already, including me.

i got yahoo only for yahoo groups =/

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Rliewky
  • Premium member
    Rliewky
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ya, i think my yahoo email also kena hack. Keep receiving funny email about payment which i got no idea. dizzy.gif

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Singapore_love
  • Singapore_love
    Clutched
    Author Image

nope, no kena!!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I got one I the morning from my wife's email acct which I created for her but did not inform her the password and I did not rem it as well........ laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

you receive certain mail from your friends and the content is just weird link?
if i'm not wrong, they are the ones that kenna.. not you... until you also clicked on the link.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's an email worm, not an account that's been hacked (or more precisely, cracked). Worms can also spoof other email addresses that they harvest from an infected computer. So, for instance, if your friend's computer is infected, and he's stored your email, as well as a third friend's email on his system, the worm can send a spam mail to the third friend with *your* address in the "From" field. So you end up getting accused for it, even if your system is pristine. Devious little buggers they are.

And echoing the sentiments of some others, Yahoo! Mail is total crap. Gmail or nothing.

Edited by Turboflat4, 15 February 2013 - 06:41 PM.

We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Coolpica
  • Premium member
    Coolpica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Suspect my Yahoo email account got hacked. Could not sign in despite the correct login ID and password.
Signature. What is that?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

mine too.

it auto send out to my address ppl using my yahoo email.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Beaver
  • Premium member
    Beaver
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i kena too so how to stop it ? or its a one time spam to my contact list ?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

cyber warfare is here... imagine they hack all the stock n fx markets servers same time... will cause big crash siol
Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that's why now i dun bother to key in contact list ...
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Baphomet
  • Premium member
    Baphomet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

kena liao..... sianz... saw alot of failed mail delivery...

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users