Yahoo Account Compromised

Salmon

I've been receiving a number of spam mails from my friends via yahoo account.

Seems that quite a number of them kena.

It seems that its the server kena hack rather than mailbox password compromised, as one of my friend used complex password containing "#*" also kena while another used all numbers safe and sound.

Anyone kena?

↡ Advertisement

i have 3 email accounts all kana. that becos these 3 emails account always sent to each other.

my password also numbers and alphas.

I've been receiving a number of spam mails from my friends via yahoo account.

Seems that quite a number of them kena.

It seems that its the server kena hack rather than mailbox password compromised, as one of my friend used complex password containing "#*" also kena while another used all numbers safe and sound.

Anyone kena?

Your password has gone to some bad hands now. You immediately change your password with long alpha-numeric-special characters combo!

yahoo is shitty.

Either change your password to very complicated and long ones or get rid of it.

I know many people kena already, including me.

yahoo is shitty.

Either change your password to very complicated and long ones or get rid of it.

I know many people kena already, including me.

i got yahoo only for yahoo groups =/

I got one I the morning from my wife's email acct which I created for her but did not inform her the password and I did not rem it as well........ [laugh]

you receive certain mail from your friends and the content is just weird link?

if i'm not wrong, they are the ones that kenna.. not you... until you also clicked on the link.

It's an email worm, not an account that's been hacked (or more precisely, cracked). Worms can also spoof other email addresses that they harvest from an infected computer. So, for instance, if your friend's computer is infected, and he's stored your email, as well as a third friend's email on his system, the worm can send a spam mail to the third friend with *your* address in the "From" field. So you end up getting accused for it, even if your system is pristine. Devious little buggers they are.

And echoing the sentiments of some others, Yahoo! Mail is total crap. Gmail or nothing.

Edited by Turboflat4