Yahoo Account Compromised

Salmon

i kena too so how to stop it ? or its a one time spam to my contact list ?

It's probably a worm of some kind.

It targets your yahoo webmail acct, and try all kinds of passwords.

Once it get access, it used your contact list there to send out spam.

I use POP to access and only found out when my fren reply my email asking why he needs to be a work-at-home mom making $xxx ?

Change your password to very long char, special char, numeric mix.

And delete your contact list there...unfortunately

We are tracking what appears to be widespread hacking since last Thursday at https://www.facebook.com/okonekey. The modus operandi seems to be the same. An email without a subject header containing a link to a German site is sent to at least four contacts. Complex passwords are no longer enough to deter cyber criminals - you need to activate the two-step verification process also known as two-factor authentication. We would be greatly if you could share your experiences on our Facebook page.

It's probably a worm of some kind.

It targets your yahoo webmail acct, and try all kinds of passwords.

Once it get access, it used your contact list there to send out spam.

I use POP to access and only found out when my fren reply my email asking why he needs to be a work-at-home mom making $xxx ?

Change your password to very long char, special char, numeric mix.

And delete your contact list there...unfortunately

done and thank you !

Hackers target Yahoo users in Singapore: SingCert

Published on Feb 19, 2013

11:05 AM By Irene Tham Technology Correspondent

Yahoo users in Singapore have been warned about spam e-mail that could leave them vulnerable to attacks by hackers.

A government information watchdog has advised them not to click on the links in these messages - even those that are supposedly sent by friends.

The warning was issued last Friday in a bulletin on the website of the Singapore Computer Emergency Response Team (SingCert).

It said that there have been reports of spam e-mail from Yahoo accounts containing links to sites selling "work-from-home" schemes and packages.

Attack on Yahoo hit 500 million users

Yahoo says hackers stole information from about 500 million users in 2014 in what appears to be the largest publicly disclosed cyber-breach in history.

The breach included swathes of personal information including names and emails as well as “unencrypted security questions and answers”.

It did not include any credit card data, the site said, adding it believed the attack was state-sponsored.

In July, Yahoo was sold to US telecoms giant Verizon for $4.8bn (£3.7bn).

The FBI has confirmed it is investigating the attack.

News of a possible major attack on the technology firm emerged in August when a hacker known as "Peace" was apparently attempting to sell information on 200 million Yahoo accounts.

Yahoo on Thursday confirmed the breach was far bigger than first thought.

The data taken includes names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth and encrypted passwords.

Yahoo recommended all users should change their passwords if they had not done so since 2014.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37447016

• Praise 2