• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My Latio AT felt jerky this morning when I drove to work.
Went direct to AD as its near my office.
They told me the ignition coil and spark plugs need to be replaced. Est $900.
Went to a small motor shop and the uncle who had a nissan diagnostic computer told me only 1 ignition coil need to change. Est $100 plus.

However, spares are available only on Monday.
Anyone knows if driving with one misfiring coil will damage the engine?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Moadia
  • Premium member
    Moadia
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It will cause incomplete combustion which leads to higher fc.. will cause other coils to work harder and end up cease working and worse case if the coils fail while u r on d expressway den yr engine will cease n next thing... good luck n pray hard
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Moadia
  • Premium member
    Moadia
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Better change before it does further damage.. dont need to ge back to AD unless u dun mind getting chopped
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Marcpjw
  • Marcpjw
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just get from stockist and replace in regular workshop.
My coils were malfunction and causes the car to misfire, soon the engine checl light will be on.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Thanks everyone for the advise.
May the toto God smile on you.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

tonytee
  • tonytee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi playtime,

-----

Went to a small motor shop and the uncle who had a nissan diagnostic computer told me only 1 ignition coil need to change. Est $100 plus.

---------

This motor shop workmanship and ethics ok? Able to recommend?

Thanks, Tony

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

Dragonl
  • Premium member
    Dragonl
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Workshop are all linked one leh. 1 call and half an hour the spares delivered liao. I think uncle feel $100 not worth the time, that's why say next week lah. Try another workshop, sure entertain you.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

misfiring, car jerky , high FC.....for most cars usually change the

faulty one only. can use the OBD to check which cylinder misfire and change the one only.....based on subarus not sure if other cars are

also the same can change on one piece only.........

should not be that difficult to change most workshop should be able to do it. just how much they wanna charge.

Volvobrick praised this

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think AD want to play safe and eliminate the problem completely, that's why quote you to change for all spark plugs and coils if i'm not wrong?

BTW, my regular workshop told me Latio spark plugs are very hard to access, so the labour charge is higher.

Cheers
Ben

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I didn't believe it but after searching indeed it is very troublesome to get to the coil/plugs on some Nissan!  Compared to the cars I had before.

If you invest in a $10 Bluetooth OBD scan tool you would be able to pin point exactly which cylinder is misfiring and change just that coil.  Old plugs can cause roughness too, so change that first or at the same time.  Don't be a carrot!

Edited by Volvobrick, 28 April 2015 - 11:41 PM.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

Fsn3576
  • Premium member
    Fsn3576
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

worth to change all four ignition coil at one go? or just the faulty one will do?

as mentioned, troublesome to change coil, and labour charge might be more worthwhile to change all at once?

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

worth to change all four ignition coil at one go? or just the faulty one will do?

as mentioned, troublesome to change coil, and labour charge might be more worthwhile to change all at once?

Just change the faulty one

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If the Labour Cost is high, then change all ... 

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You need to remove your inlet manifold to access the ignition coil so labour should be expensive for this job, not worth it to install and remove inlet manifold just to test if it's the correct coil that is changed.

Oh, you might want to change your spark plugs when you at it, if not, you might need to pay expensive labour again just to change plugs next time.

<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just changed whichever faulty and its one of the most easy DIY.

but do you know which one? If  not just change one at a time and see which one is the culprit.

if boxer engine......different case.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

Wadexu
  • Wadexu
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I didn't believe it but after searching indeed it is very troublesome to get to the coil/plugs on some Nissan!  Compared to the cars I had before.

If you invest in a $10 Bluetooth OBD scan tool you would be able to pin point exactly which cylinder is misfiring and change just that coil.  Old plugs can cause roughness too, so change that first or at the same time.  Don't be a carrot!

Could you provide more detail about the Bluetooth OBD? any link?

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Hybridereparation
  • Hybridereparation
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

$100 for a spark plug?
The guy must laugh all the way to the bank.
Most normal spark plug cost no more than $20.
Take 2 minutes to fit.
Looks like my workshop should move to Singapore asap for the huge profit.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

$100 for a spark plug?
The guy must laugh all the way to the bank.
Most normal spark plug cost no more than $20.
Take 2 minutes to fit.
Looks like my workshop should move to Singapore asap for the huge profit.

He is talk about Ignition coil la.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe they use the spark plugs in O&G. :XD:

Yes, those sparkies used in O&G cost about 100 per piece, comes with many papers and certification. I think the paper weighs more than the plug. [laugh]

I crossed reference the number, looks like ordinary plug we used. [grin]

Edited by Kangadrool, 12 March 2017 - 09:28 AM.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Ziczach
  • Ziczach
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

HI all,

sorry to hijack the thread.

I'm trying to replace my ignition coil for my Nissan Sunny N16.

Anyone know the model/part number for the ignition coil?

Thanks!

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Damaged, ignition, coil and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users