PKE alarm system

Obscurest

Folks,

I'm currently using the pke alarm system and I need advices from existing users on the reliability and responsivmess of ur pke system.

My current pke system at times cant even detect the alarm even when I get real close to the car and I mean so close that I'm standing next to the car door but the sys refuse to unlock the door till I dish out the remote and press on the unlock button.

This really bothers me else I won't go for the pke system. A lot of times i carry my boy or hand are full of stuff.

Most importantly the system actually assist to lock the door after I move away as i am the forgetful type that keep forgetting to lock the car in the past.

Thus need recommendations on your pke system.

Thks

↡ Advertisement

Sounds like your PKE is faulty, otherwise it should unlock automatically when you approach the car, and definitely when you are standing beside it, without the need to take out and press the remote, otherwise defeat the purpose of using PKE.

I would suggest you get it checked.

Sounds like your PKE is faulty, otherwise it should unlock automatically when you approach the car, and definitely when you are standing beside it, without the need to take out and press the remote, otherwise defeat the purpose of using PKE.

I would suggest you get it checked.

My model is thinkbox installed at one of the workshop along geylang road.

Dun think my pke is faulty but I suspect is the receiver is not working fine.

Cos the strength of the signal is i intermittently.

I have already gave up on the current pke and hope to change to another pke thus need info/review of current users what brand and model so tat I can change it.

Thks.

Hijack this thread.. I left one car key for my stock system, car comes with Immobiliser and is a 5 year old car. I went to places like SOXXI for a quotation for making extra key n quoted approximately $280 to duplicate a key with Immobiliser.

I wonder if it is worth while to duplicate the key? Or should I change a complete car alarm system? Wonder what can I can if one day I either lost or damage that one last key?

My model is thinkbox installed at one of the workshop along geylang road.

Dun think my pke is faulty but I suspect is the receiver is not working fine.

Cos the strength of the signal is i intermittently.

I have already gave up on the current pke and hope to change to another pke thus need info/review of current users what brand and model so tat I can change it.

Thks.

I know which shop you talking about liao and the model you installed cos my fren also using the same one. But his one working perfectly fine leh, i think he been using for coming to 2 years liao. Maybe is your remote got problem? cos iirc my fren said there are 2 or 3 antennas in the car that will trigger the door to unlock when you approach with the remote. Since got more than 1 antenna, likely is your remote got some problem i guess?

How long you installed liao? If recently can ask for replacement?

I know which shop you talking about liao and the model you installed cos my fren also using the same one. But his one working perfectly fine leh, i think he been using for coming to 2 years liao. Maybe is your remote got problem? cos iirc my fren said there are 2 or 3 antennas in the car that will trigger the door to unlock when you approach with the remote. Since got more than 1 antenna, likely is your remote got some problem i guess?

How long you installed liao? If recently can ask for replacement?

More than a year... Went back last year and they discovered that out of 3 antennas, 2 spoilt so changed for me and in dec last yr went back again 1 spoilt again... Then I don't bother to go back anymore...

Anyone using and never fail to unlock / disarm when u walk close to the car (remote in pocket not in hand)

If yes can PM me your brand?

Hope to get it changed.

Thks.

Hijack this thread.. I left one car key for my stock system, car comes with Immobiliser and is a 5 year old car. I went to places like SOXXI for a quotation for making extra key n quoted approximately $280 to duplicate a key with Immobiliser.

I wonder if it is worth while to duplicate the key? Or should I change a complete car alarm system? Wonder what can I can if one day I either lost or damage that one last key?

You can just get a bypass kit, it sorts of disable your immobiliser if you feel that you don't need it.

Something like the below:

http://ifar.ca/en/products/flash-series/honda-sl3/

Edited by Tazzi80

Maybe u shld check your remote battery also? I also installed a PKE 2 days ago brand is Steelmate but even though they put 2 antennas inside my car, when i approach, it will lock automatically and unlock automatically but when the door was still opened as I was putting my gal into the car seat, the locks will always auto lock even i am just beside the door, near the antenna, and when i closed the back passenger door,i was locked outside. Need to press unlock on remote or swing the remote near the antenna again to unlock. Too troublesome. Talked to the installer, he said this is very common for aftermarket PKE system, as compared to factory installed types. So i fed up, got it removed only after one day use.

Supersonic

Maybe u shld check your remote battery also? I also installed a PKE 2 days ago brand is Steelmate but even though they put 2 antennas inside my car, when i approach, it will lock automatically and unlock automatically but when the door was still opened as I was putting my gal into the car seat, the locks will always auto lock even i am just beside the door, near the antenna, and when i closed the back passenger door,i was locked outside. Need to press unlock on remote or swing the remote near the antenna again to unlock. Too troublesome. Talked to the installer, he said this is very common for aftermarket PKE system, as compared to factory installed types. So i fed up, got it removed only after one day use.

I bought the thinkbox PKE with 3 antenna and installed DIY.

It works as it claims.

If I leave one door open and it tried to lock, it will alarm beeped, and release the lock, bcuz it can't.

I guess it depends on your car central locking system.

PKE is only acting like a remote control.

Sometimes, I supposed it could be a little slow to react, if it's in the battery saving mode.

There is a signal wire going to the door switch.

If that door switch is "opened" like when any door is still open, then I guess the PKE will release the lock, if it tries to lock it.

Or in fact, it shouldn't even try to lock when that signal is "opened"

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I would suggest you change the system to reliable brand eg, easy,,r cost abit more but you have 2 remotes with additional feature on top of your stock systen.

Edited by CarzmeSG
↡ Advertisement