Consolidated Reactions to Population White Paper

Viceroymenthol

(edited)

Need to bite the bullet sooner rather than later.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone saying to reduce from 5.5m to 5m. All I've heard is that 5.5m is enough.

We have an aging population, stopping at 5.5m also a problem but yes, we will face a declining population one day. I am actually ok for some imports but it needs to be done gradually and to allow the immigrants to assimilate into the SG society over the years. This is apparently not the view here, I think, but a balanced approach is the best.

Gradual adjustment to ease the structural pain.

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Tharman should be our next PM. Exactly how I feel about this issue, we need imports but it has to be contained.

attachicon.gifIMG_6040.PNG

Presidential erection cum-ing.....need to say some populist stuff....

• Praise 1

(edited)

nowadays people prefer instant formula.....everything must chop chop. Instant meal, insant gratification, instant photographs and instant citizenship. Why need to wait for that 20 yrs wait? There are so many out there that wants our citizenship...

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 8

Turbocharged
(edited)

Not citizenship

But

Pr so can have the same medical and buy hdb and schooling

Why would anyone wants to get tied down to a gal if you can fuok her for free

Citizenship is trapping themselves. They only want come work sell hdb then go home

Yup usually malaysians couples...

usually only the zhabor will convert to citizen..so that maternity will have full hospitalisation benefits...whereas the guy will usually stay MY citizen so that when issues come and time to run road still can run back to MY...

note pls dun dislike me...is the fact..look around you...most practical option... [:p]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 3

Not citizenship

But

Pr so can have the same medical benefits, buy hdb, schooling, look for job also dont need to apply permit

Citizenship is trapping themselves. They only want come work , sell hdb then go home [laugh]

SPR.....give out so freely with benefits! Only in SG...
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Aiyo, i was responding to one of the forumers asking to reduce to 5m and if there is a recession, to bring it on.

Why you like to jump up and down without understanding the context!

Turbocharged

Not citizenship

But

Pr so can have the same medical benefits, buy hdb, schooling, look for job also dont need to apply permit

Citizenship is trapping themselves. They only want come work , sell hdb then go home [laugh]

PR no same medical fees nowadays, even school fees are more expensive. Likewise for HDB, they don't get the same privileges. Not a PR-lover, but just stating the facts.

Of course, PRs easily come up with countermeasure, e.g. by marrying citizens or getting wife to convert. But for the PR himself/herself, the higher fees still apply.

Oh yeah, cannot apply taxi license, don't have SkillsFuture grant, and, and ... what else? [laugh]

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

PR no same medical fees nowadays, even school fees are more expensive. Likewise for HDB, they don't get the same privileges. Not a PR-lover, but just stating the facts.

Of course, PRs easily come up with countermeasure, e.g. by marrying citizens or getting wife to convert. But for the PR himself/herself, the higher fees still apply.

Oh yeah, cannot apply taxi license, don't have SkillsFuture grant, and, and ... what else? [laugh]

What's the difference between what a PR pays and what a citizen pays (in absolute terms not %). Especially in terms of school fees, I don't feel that there's any significance. 

We should remove all subsidies for PRs.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yup usually malaysians couples...

usually only the zhabor will convert to citizen..so that maternity will have full hospitalisation benefits...whereas the guy will usually stay MY citizen so that when issues come and time to run road still can run back to MY...

note pls dun dislike me...is the fact..look around you...most practical option... [:p]

The zhabor convert to citizen, so that the kids can get citizenship at birth and have same rights as citizens when applying to schools. And please note horr... only the daughters! Sons remain malaysian to avoid NS. I know of one who does that, and I'm sure there are others too. The fellow has bright kids, and lamented that while the daughter can collect edusave award, the son don't qualify as not a citizen [laugh]. WTF.

The guys stay MY citizen not really to run road, though this is the popular notion. It's so that he can continue to administer affairs of his family (especially his parents) easily and have legal status in malaysia. Zhabor marry out of the family, so never mind, not so much obligation.

You can't blame them. The route is there for them to exploit to the hilt. Who wouldn't?

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

What's the difference between what a PR pays and what a citizen pays (in absolute terms not %). Especially in terms of school fees, I don't feel that there's any significance. 

We should remove all subsidies for PRs.

About 1.5 times more?

Just referring to tertiary, e.g. NUS ... http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/info/ug/UGTuitionCurrent.pdf

which is made public.

(edited)

why taxi when almost everyone takes grab and uber

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who is eligible to apply for the PDVL?

• Singaporeans holding a Class 3/3A driving licence for at least 2 years prior to application are eligible.
  • PR and Work Pass holders may also apply for the PDVL if they are employed by a chauffeured services company( just register a company and you can start driving
  • All applicants must speak and read simple English.
  • If you are self-employed, please ensure that you have up-to-date Medisave contributions

school fees only 10 to 20% more about less than 100$

School fees for junior college, government-aided schools and centralised institutes are 10-20% higher for PR’s and 30% higher for foreign students when compared to that of citizens.

https://www.guidemesingapore.com/business-guides/immigration/citizenship/singapore-citizenship---benefits-and-drawbacks

medical only 10% difference, 

https://www.guidemesingapore.com/business-guides/immigration/citizenship/singapore-citizenship---benefits-and-drawbacks

i rather be PR cos i dont want to go back camp every year and need to pass the stupid ippt

not that i cannot pass, just that waste time...all these just to save what....10% on medical and student school fees

i got nothing with PR just that when it given like toilet paper, i also wants to be one, less hassle :D

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 1

Then why did we put ourselves into a position where reducing foreign imports become "shock therapy"?

It's like getting addicted to drugs then saying you can't stop otherwise you will die. And then proclaiming that it means drugs are actually good for you.

Heaven forbid if some unforeseen event happen here, the massive outflow of FTs is going to be ugly. That's the shock therapy I would hate to see, but you do know these people will run road on first sign of trouble, right?

Supersonic

Heaven forbid if some unforeseen event happen here, the massive outflow of FTs is going to be ugly. That's the shock therapy I would hate to see, but you do know these people will run road on first sign of trouble, right?

Again, nothing wrong with that.

If there's sign of trouble and I have the means to run, I will run too. 

Singapore is very small, even if we plan well to accommodate 20million it is not just numbers and Square feet but there are severe social implications because we are not cattle or robots.

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

Singapore is very small, even if we plan well to accommodate 20million it is not just numbers and Square feet but there are severe social implications because we are not cattle or robots.

Sporeans where got time to "make love'? MRT always breakdown.. "Make" also not productive.. u never see govt always say "we must increase our productivity"!!

Family now so much smaller n why would a younger populace want to prop up the heavy burden of a aging and living longer populace.

Already at 5m so much ching chong..

Sianzz. think also headache..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Sporeans where got time to "make love'? MRT always breakdown.. "Make" also not productive.. u never see govt always say "we must increase our productivity"!!

Family now so much smaller n why would a younger populace want to prop up the heavy burden of a aging and living longer populace.

Already at 5m so much ching chong..

Sianzz. think also headache..

No time? What you mean is that we don't spend our time productively.

Instead of wasting time being stuck in the MRT, why don't we make love in the MRT?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

No time? What you mean is that we don't spend our time productively.

Instead of wasting time being stuck in the MRT, why don't we make love in the MRT?

yayayaya.. you don't need much space!!

↡ Advertisement