Singapore and Malaysia to build high-speed rail link

Mockngbrd

Yeah my dad sent me the link.

I think no one can afford to be myopic about china liao lah.

Maybe 5 years ago, but now with the USA influence receding, China is really on the rise.  [laugh]

They are now researching some 100% secure communications on a quantum level. Really groundbreaking stuff.  [thumbsup]

Though i still feel that with their asian system of studying, their researchers etc cant be as creative or groundbreaking as the west. But that's a criticism of all asian societies, singapore included.

With booming economy, China is able to attract former Chinese to go back.  Some of this former Chinese is top notch scientist in US.

↡ Advertisement

With booming economy, China is able to attract former Chinese to go back.  Some of this former Chinese is top notch scientist in US.

Ren duo ban shi hao.

In general, there is still a huge amount of slack and lack of productivity in China. Their partial embrace of free market economics will hurt them still. They stabilised things for the national congress this year. But the ill effects will come to bear soon.

Getting your very successful pte companies do national service by forcing them to bail out your inefficient state owned corporations, is definitely no way to go.

Why worry who supplies the HSR?  99% of the tracks will be in Malaysia, and most of us will not use it on a day-to-day basis.

Even it if breaks down, it will happen in Malaysia 99% of the time.

Just let the Malaysians decide and FUND it, but impose our safety standards on the portions within Singapore.

• Praise 1

Why worry who supplies the HSR?  99% of the tracks will be in Malaysia, and most of us will not use it on a day-to-day basis.

Just let the Malaysians decide and FUND it, but impose our safety standards on the portions within Singapore.

China HSR has higher reliability than OUR SMRT.

:XD:

tax payer money leh. 

Anyway the benefit is also for SG, definitely funding should be at least 50-50? Even though most of the building work is done in malaysia.

anyway i digress, but innovation requires some degree of freedom. Don't see that in china.

China allows a lot of freedom for corporate to innovate.  Govt will step in when it deems innovation threaten govt.

Look at Alipay & wechat pay.  PBOC only starts to regulate them recently.

China allows a lot of freedom for corporate to innovate.  Govt will step in when it deems innovation threaten govt.

Look at Alipay & wechat pay.  PBOC only starts to regulate them recently.

lol the problem is that innovation will always threaten the govt  [laugh]

Especially a govt bent on central control of a large country.

FB is a threat -> ban FB

Google is a threat -> Ban/make it almost impossible to operate

Twitter -> Ban

VPN circumvent Great Firewall -> Ban

Bitcoin threaten central currency control -> Ban

XJP looks like pooh bear -> Ban all pooh bear references behind firewall and on Weibo

Innovate?

Better be careful man. U can be head of Fosun or what, but being abducted to go lim kopi for a couple months and being released to say "I'm fine" is a different issue altogether.

Jack Ma, Dalian Wanda boss or what, also all sama sama.

Before anyone say we are not much better, I agree we aren't much better  [lipsrsealed]

That's why some of our best and brightest will always go overseas and find the life overseas better.

• Praise 1

bro, you never read the news ar?

there will be 2 companies run the HSR

Company 1 - run the domestic line (do not cross border to spore)

Company 2 - run the international service (ie: msia-to-spore) - singapore govt / consortium will be in this one

Singapore will have to FUND the HSR too including the railway infrastructure development

the line run from spore > johor > melaka > kl

many are laughing ... ho say liao

and this China trip .... China already say must support which means sooner or later the line is connected all the way to Thailand / Vietnam / etc - One Belt One Road !

Edited by Wt_know

lol the problem is that innovation will always threaten the govt  [laugh]

Especially a govt bent on central control of a large country.

FB is a threat -> ban FB

Google is a threat -> Ban/make it almost impossible to operate

Twitter -> Ban

VPN circumvent Great Firewall -> Ban

Bitcoin threaten central currency control -> Ban

XJP looks like pooh bear -> Ban all pooh bear references behind firewall and on Weibo

Innovate?

Better be careful man. U can be head of Fosun or what, but being abducted to go lim kopi for a couple months and being released to say "I'm fine" is a different issue altogether.

Jack Ma, Dalian Wanda boss or what, also all sama sama.

Before anyone say we are not much better, I agree we aren't much better  [lipsrsealed]

That's why some of our best and brightest will always go overseas and find the life overseas better.

Who says VPN ban?  I m still using FB/IG here.

Fosun/HNA/Wanda could be borrowing local funds to invest overseas.  That's why they are being told to stop doing that.  Wanda boss did not toe to the instruction & lim kopi loh.

I heard nothing about Fosun le.

Nobody knows who is the ultimate owner of HNA.

Jack Ma is not investing overseas.  Govt will let him talk & watch him lo.  Jack Ma is smart enough to toe to party line.

Who says VPN ban?  I m still using FB/IG here.

Fosun/HNA/Wanda could be borrowing local funds to invest overseas.  That's why they are being told to stop doing that.  Wanda boss did not toe to the instruction & lim kopi loh.

I heard nothing about Fosun le.

Nobody knows who is the ultimate owner of HNA.

Jack Ma is not investing overseas.  Govt will let him talk & watch him lo.  Jack Ma is smart enough to toe to party line.

ZFosun boss kana lim kopi in 2015.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35089316

Anbang chairman who btw is married to Deng Xiaoping's Grand-dg. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-anbang-group-chairman/chinas-anbang-says-chairman-steps-aside-after-report-of-his-arrest-idUSKBN19500D

yeah being the richest man in china don't mean anything, when one day, u will just kana lim kopi.

haha keep them on their toes  [laugh]

yeah jack ma really tries to toe the party line.

Well the govt controls about 20% of Alibaba, so he better...

ZFosun boss kana lim kopi in 2015.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35089316

Anbang chairman who btw is married to Deng Xiaoping's Grand-dg. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-anbang-group-chairman/chinas-anbang-says-chairman-steps-aside-after-report-of-his-arrest-idUSKBN19500D

yeah being the richest man in china don't mean anything, when one day, u will just kana lim kopi.

haha keep them on their toes  [laugh]

yeah jack ma really tries to toe the party line.

Well the govt controls about 20% of Alibaba, so he better...

Thanks on Fosun.

Anbang is too aggressive in overseas acquisition.  That's why loh

Can be rich in China.  But cannot be so rich that threathen govt.

Thanks on Fosun.

Anbang is too aggressive in overseas acquisition.  That's why loh

Can be rich in China.  But cannot be so rich that threathen govt.

Yeah. But u really dunno when the govt will go after you in China. Esp Foreign companies.

Like South Korean companies over the THAAD issue. Lotte etc all still sucking dick over that move.

Yeah. But u really dunno when the govt will go after you in China. Esp Foreign companies.

Like South Korean companies over the THAAD issue. Lotte etc all still sucking dick over that move.

Lotte was the symbol of Korea.

China used Lotte to sent a clear message.

For lotte it is quite obvious actually. Your land is being used for THAAD... retaliation should have been expected.

↡ Advertisement