Singapore and Malaysia to build high-speed rail link

Mockngbrd

Ho seh...just came back from Desaru , kinda feel E22 underutilise ...perhaps a link from punggol to Sunggei ringgi , then every day can enjoy lobster [laugh]

by that time Sg Rengit no longer got seafood liao 'cos they already planning to build some petroleum plants there....... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Most of the discussion is about us going north. They coming down south is going be a even bigger problem. Even with the 3rd causeway or KL rail, it's going to more malaysian coming down south and going home north after the business that makes the peak hour rush. 6.9 million cannot tahan liao, want to increase the ease for KL coming down south.

THose Five Star, grassland, 707 BUses will hav to jiat kaki liao...

Maybe not. I highly doubt so. There's always a market for lower end and niche. Also, depends on how high/low they priced the fare for HSR (sure it won't be cheap).

I will rather take these tour buses direct to destination rather than HSR to KL, then transfer out using taxi/bus. Sure these bus companies know how to adjust as time changes. We didn't see these companies shrinking as SIN-KL budget airlines took off. In fact, more bus companies joined in.

Edited by Kangadrool

Coach still got ppl take, its those budget airlines kana [knife]

I will not spend 2 hrs early going to airport, check-in, take a 45 flight to KL, spend 30 minutes on road from airport to KL ... [cool]

Still got people take flight to KL, only those people on business trip. For leisure, dont think anyone would be interested taking flight to KL, cause too time consuming on going early to airport and to the KL city.

najib sure win lah. erections there are rigged n corrupt one lah. money talks

Like that, good, can look forward to take hi speed trains, no need go Japan or china to take. Wonder if our beloved SMRT will put one leg inside? Then we can use EZ card, very convenient :D

just like HK <> Shenzhen and further north

the problem is not HK people going to Shenzhen ... it's the other way round as HK cannot handle too many tourists or day visitor to HK

during CNY HK tourist attraction capacity max out until disneyland also have to close their gate ...

Edited by Wt_know

Well, if the next incumbent is anti-sg, then habis....but looks of it, they not so radical lah...i may be wrong

They just wan money only...... Offer more carrots to them and they will say ok go ahead......

Maybe not. I highly doubt so. There's always a market for lower end and niche. Also, depends on how high/low they priced the fare for HSR (sure it won't be cheap).

I will rather take these tour buses direct to destination rather than HSR to KL, then transfer out using taxi/bus. Sure these bus companies know how to adjust as time changes. We didn't see these companies shrinking as SIN-KL budget airlines took off. In fact, more bus companies joined in.

to make any commercial sense at all, i believe they have to be priced slightly lower than budget air fares but higher than bus fares.

should be around the range of S$80- S$130

Edited by Acemundo

just like HK <> Shenzhen and further north

the problem is not HK people going to Shenzhen ... it's the other way round as HK cannot handle too many tourists or day visitor to HK

during CNY HK tourist attraction capacity max out until disneyland also have to close their gate ...

for our central planners, more people=more $$$ for tourism, property etc... the price pressure keeps climbing nonstop.

do they have a social conscience? not when their pay is pegged to mostly GDP growth, n no thought for the "software".

for our central planners, more people=more $$$ for tourism, property etc... the price pressure keeps climbing nonstop.

do they have a social conscience? not when their pay is pegged to mostly GDP growth, n no thought for the "software".

you a bit off right? retailers and hoteliers happy what got toursim. tourism $ is good, all things equal (not say sex tourism)

you a bit off right? retailers and hoteliers happy what got toursim. tourism $ is good, all things equal (not say sex tourism)

so u a supporter of 2030 6.9M i presume?

to make any commercial sense at all, i believe they have to be priced slightly lower than budget air fares but higher than bus fares.

should be around the range of S$80- S$130

depends on quality of "service". bus priced higher now coz some are "luxury". i think priced closed to budget air but better comfort and service, plus convenience of singapore to city centre (kl).

depends on quality of "service". bus priced higher now coz some are "luxury". i think priced closed to budget air but better comfort and service, plus convenience of singapore to city centre (kl).

yeah. i take taiwan hsr few times already. they got different ticket prices for economy class and business class. this will help to create specific market for groups that want a bit of luxury and groups that only want low fares. i think this singapore kl rail should adopt the same pricing consideration.

i thought bus prices nowadays are about $50-$60 and all have comfortable seating?