Nicoll Highway, Crawford Street ERP gantries to be relocated

Darthrevan

The Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantries at Nicoll Highway and Crawford Street will be relocated in April, as part of changes to the Bugis-Marina Centre cordon.

The existing gantry at Republic Boulevard will be removed.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Wednesday that motorists who access East Coast Parkway via Nicoll Highway won't have to pay ERP charges at the Bugis-Marina Centre cordon.

Works to relocate the gantries will begin from Thursday and are expected to be completed by mid-April.

During this period, motorists will see two separate ERP gantries at the two locations.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../.html?cid=FBSG

427280_10151305798617934_1384891910_n.jpg

Edited by Darthrevan
↡ Advertisement

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Wednesday that motorists who access East Coast Parkway via Nicoll Highway won't have to pay ERP charges at the Bugis-Marina Centre cordon.

Which part of the road is this gantry?

I hope they will remove the ERP at the KPE exit to ECP. Need to pay twice if we want to enter CBD in the morning; Once at this KPE exit to ECP and one more upon entering CBD. Drivers will now exit earlier via Nicoll so they only pay once.

Which part of the road is this gantry?

I hope they will remove the ERP at the KPE exit to ECP. Need to pay twice if we want to enter CBD in the morning; Once at this KPE exit to ECP and one more upon entering CBD. Drivers will now exit earlier via Nicoll so they only pay once.

Advantage to me, assuming less people take the ECP to Vivo.

Advantages for people at Geylang dont need to travel to ECP via Fort Road.

Normally during 12~5pm, I will travel into Nicoll, pay ERP and exit to ECP as I figure it would save me time.

Other than that, I see no advantages.

Advantages for people at Geylang dont need to travel to ECP via Fort Road.

Normally during 12~5pm, I will travel into Nicoll, pay ERP and exit to ECP as I figure it would save me time.

Other than that, I see no advantages.

Sometimes I find that to siam one ERP, have to make a damn big round is really not worth the time, fuel and car maintenance... Thats why with ERP, still so jam...

Sometimes I find that to siam one ERP, have to make a damn big round is really not worth the time, fuel and car maintenance... Thats why with ERP, still so jam...

Scholars say ERP is to solve the jams issues.

But they forgot that people drive 1 big round to avoid ERP will cause jams in other areas.

For example, from Arab St to Chin Swee Road.

Tell me 1 good route not to pay ERP?

I rather drive into Victoria Street, turn right at Chinatown and left into Chin Swee.

Otherwise, Up ECP, Down Keppel, Cantonment Rd, Outram then Chin Swee.

(edited)

Was passing by nicoll highway towards city at 7:59pm, left lane turned into a carpark, cars stopping even at the mrt bus-stop .. 8:00pm sharp cars start to move. Chain collision just before gantry - taxi hit rx-8 hit gen2. Didn't see the accident happening but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Count_duku
↡ Advertisement