Taxi Driver doing illegal U-Turn, should report TP?

Unltd

I understand where you are coming from..cos i like to eat and don't like to cook

thats exactly why people who likes to feedback about traffic infringement might not necessarily want/like to be a traffic cop..its 2 different matter

to me, they are almost the same thing.

how you want to view them is up to you.

↡ Advertisement

I wouldn't report... because no immediate danger.

Motorcyclists are more at risk here.

HOWEVER, if the taxi driver was signalling left, then filter out (or in this case, he signal right, then filter lane).

Then suddenly horrendously turn back left into the main road.

Confirm will send to LTA (because he is causing an immediate danger to cars behind).

Lots of people make illegal u turns (especially when you get lost) BUT please regard safety as the important thing

Neutral Newbie

As per topic, would you report TP if it was you?

u got nothing to do? or u north korean? everything must report to the authority. get a life.

Turbocharged

Report of not is up to you.

But take note, it's a Citycab. Once you report. The driver confirm will kena the sack..

Edited by Pocus

u got nothing to do? or u north korean? everything must report to the authority. get a life.

Wow.... you must be a really sing jiao... to dig up such an old thread where i already stated my intentions..... and you ask the same bloody question again.... You related to the taxi driver?

Turbocharged

Just to share a true story from my Uncle.

Once he spotted a taxi at night while he's having supper, the cabby stop the car beside the road (illegally) and run to coffeeshop to buy something.

My uncle see liao, buay song, took picture and then send to Comfort delgro to complain the taxi illegally stopping at roadside.

My uncle just want to teach the driver a lesson and hope comfort give him a stern warning.

Then Comfort reply him, they TERMINATE the cabby.

My uncle was shocked, he just want to make the cabby wake up his idea, he didn't mean to smash his ricebowl.

And from the pics he took, the cabby was parked in a non-obstructive way and only gone for 1 minute or 2.

Nevertheless my uncle was pretty guilty about it.

So before we complain, maybe we ought to think if the cabby deserve the consequences or not. If wat the cabby did is dangerous and unremorseful, report. but if what the cabby did is petty stuff, let's give and take and give benefit of doubt.

If it is not a big issue....give people a path to walk....what goes around ...comes around....is it worth breaking people rice bowl just like that? You never know he is the sole bread winner in the family...you given him a big honk is enough to wake him up...

Edited by LoverofCar

(edited)

Yup, that's why i only asked for opinions... I didn't file a complain... I think in the end he checked clear and it was actually safe to do it... Albeit illegal....

Edited by Unltd

Turbocharged

NB....only warning for committing 2 traffic offences within 90seconds. Should sack this assshole.

Quote from the letter

"We have looked into the matter. The driver should not have driven in the manner as alleged. For his poor road behaviors and attitude, we have given him a warning and firmly reminded him to adhere to safety standards set out not just by the Company but by the Traffic Police as well. Your complaint has been filed in his service record and we will monitor his performance closely."

Anyone complain him again, I am sure he will get the boot : SHC7344B

Edited by Mcf777

NB....only warning for committing 2 traffic offences within 90seconds. Should sack this assshole.

Quote from the letter

"We have looked into the matter. The driver should not have driven in the manner as alleged. For his poor road behaviors and attitude, we have given him a warning and firmly reminded him to adhere to safety standards set out not just by the Company but by the Traffic Police as well. Your complaint has been filed in his service record and we will monitor his performance closely."

Ok la, give him chance to amend his mistake, now he drive on road will be more careful knowing that if he anyhow drive , he may get video recorded without him even knowing. At least that is the deterrence to make sure driving on the road is safe.

Supercharged

Ok la, give him chance to amend his mistake, now he drive on road will be more careful knowing that if he anyhow drive , he may get video recorded without him even knowing. At least that is the deterrence to make sure driving on the road is safe.

seriously i dont believe the company actually take action, they might not even view the videos... all this template replies...

best is to send the video straight to TP

Supercharged

seriously i dont believe the company actually take action, they might not even view the videos... all this template replies...

best is to send the video straight to TP

Whether the company take action or not, we dun reali know... terminated by one, employed by another... if we have proven beyond reasonable doubts sent to TP is the best.

If the illegal 'U' turn did cause any accident, then report him to the authority. -_-

If no harm done, just leave it, sometimes once in a 'Blue' moon, I also did illegal 'U' turn when traffic is clear. [cool]

If that taxi driver did it daily/always (if can be proven), he need to be taught a lesson .. :angry:

Neutral Newbie

I say report. The U-turn is only slightly further in front but he chose to blatantly disregard the traffic sign. Probably would have given him some leeway if the traffic was so jam pack till the next U-turn but it wasn't.

Whether or not it is a safe illegal U-turn, let the TP decides.

Feeling the same ^

red mazda making illegal u-turn opposite laguna park condo.( there is a sign which says 'no u-turn')

car camera didn't capture act in sideways.

sequence from front camera:

1. a silver car enters the condo 

2. a black car is behind the silver car

2. as the silver car is entering the condo, red mazda proceeds to make illegal u-turn.

3. the black car slows down and goes straight

4. a silver toyota wish goes straight.

5. a sbs bus goes straight

sequence from back camera:

1. red mazda going straight after making illegal u-turn

2. the black car going straight

3. the silver toyota wish going straight

4. the sbs bus going straight

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 2