• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic | 44 praises

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

BMWX5
  • BMWX5
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any tips? Thinking of bidding
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Aventador
  • Aventador
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Simple tip - You just need to make sure yours is the highest bid

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If you are looking for fancy and famous numbers, you need to be really high. Others so so (1000+)...

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Your question has no head and tail... what info are you requesting?

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Or another way - anyone can share how much you bid for your special car plate ?

e.g. 2 digits
3 digits
AAAA digits
AABB digits
ABAB digits

Maybe we can skip the special of Special number e.g. 88, 888, 8888
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Kamikaze89
  • Premium member
    Kamikaze89
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

the SKK series worth bidding. even better if the suffix ends with S or K.
SKK33S and SKK888S seem pretty nice to me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Majordan
  • Majordan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i bidded A8AA for $1001

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i bidded A8AA for $1001

A8AA? where did you bid?

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Newkid
  • Newkid
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i bidded A8AA for $1001

you mean 4844? biggrin.gif

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Dark_flan
  • Dark_flan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

What is the procedure to bid?

Also I'm driving the vehicle under my dad's name due to cheaper premium for insurance but actually is the main driver. Thinking of changing ownership maybe next year as my premium is cheap enough but if I bid now can transfer to my name during the later part? LTA website said not transferable..

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Iewoug
  • Premium member
    Iewoug
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

What is the procedure to bid?

Also I'm driving the vehicle under my dad's name due to cheaper premium for insurance but actually is the main driver. Thinking of changing ownership maybe next year as my premium is cheap enough but if I bid now can transfer to my name during the later part? LTA website said not transferable..

You transfer the car under your name, and then change the plate. You can only keep a new plate alive for 12 months, after which you need to pay LTA again to keep your number alive if it has not been put on a vehicle. The procedures to bid are on the below website as well. 

Below extracts for your ease of reference :p

(http://www.onemotori...bid_number.html)

Vehicle Registration Number

You can bid for a vehicle registration number and use it to:-

• register a brand new vehicle; or
  • replace the registration number of your existing vehicle.

The registration numbers are valid for 12 months and the validity of the successful bid numbers will commence on the Saturday following the official announcement of the bidding results. If it is not used by the expiry date, it may be reassigned by LTA. However, you may choose to extend the validity period for a further 6 months before the expiry date by applying at LTA, Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Level 1, Singapore 575701. (Please proceed to the Reception Counter for assistance). An extension fee of $1,000 and an administrative fee of $20 (before GST) will be payable for each extension.

Edited by Iewoug, 07 November 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you are looking for fancy and famous numbers, you need to be really high. Others so so (1000+)...

Thailand,

1 Kor Kor 1111

Nissan Almera

USD 770K

http://www.asianewsn...770k-65233.html

Car licence plate number 1 Kor Kor 1111 was yesterday passed to a 19-year-old student, who bid 25 million baht (US$770,000) for it, making it the most expensive number sold at an auction organised by the Department of Land Transport since 2003.

At 25 million baht, the plate has a value 52 times the price of the Nissan Almera to which it is to be attached. A Nissan Almera E CVT costs 480,000 baht.

As the winning bidder, Thanapat Tuntisevekul, a law student at Assumption University, was allowed to create his own design for the licence plate. The graphic design chosen by Thanapat for his 25-million-baht plate is named "Eight Horses on the River of Nine Gems", which is believed to give luck, prosperity and safety to the driver of the car.

The right to this 1 Kor Kor 1111 number is transferable through sale or inheritance. Thanapat said an offer was made to buy it for 33 million baht but he turned it down. He said the price was "inexpensive", as 50 million baht had been prepared by his family for this bid.

Thanapat, also know as James, said his family operated a real-estate business in Chon Buri, and they had obtained a few licence-plate numbers before.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Its a rich man's game :)

Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I notice locally, many nice numbers are on very old and ordinary cars that are going to scrap. some of these plates can cost afew times more than the car.

Kangadrool praised this

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I notice locally, many nice numbers are on very old and ordinary cars that are going to scrap. some of these plates can cost afew times more than the car.

Agreed, recently saw one E series car plate on one should be about 9 year old altis. But i believe all these car number still will transfer to another car la, dont think these number will de-registered.
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Some of these cars are used to "hold" the kept number.. if not on car the plate can only hold for 1 year with 6 mths extension (I believe you need to pay for extension)

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some of these cars are used to "hold" the kept number.. if not on car the plate can only hold for 1 year with 6 mths extension (I believe you need to pay for extension)

If need to hold for 1 year without extension need to pay how much?

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If need to hold for 1 year without extension need to pay how much?

If I not wrong is $1000.

Retained plate put on new car is only $100; put on Old car is $1300 

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:33 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now need electronic account to bid ??

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

jason0705
  • jason0705
    Clutched
    Author Image

Now need electronic account to bid ??

What you mean electronic account?

Just go online, use your NRIC to place a bid, eNets to pay up to a certain amount depending on your bid amount.

If you bidding more than eNets can accept then have to pay using cashier order and the order have to reach LTA before bidding period ends.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users