Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

someone once shared with me that even if its the same petrol, someone does a Italian tune up aka Loot the heck out of the car, the car ECU relearned the demand and you car all of a sudden have a different state of ECU. But mostly for turbo cars. Non turbo / NA not so sensitive.

So for turbo cars, should we drive it spiritedly or like a pussy?

One of the tyre shop workers told me, for turbo cars, must drive hard. Else the car will learn, and become bo lat. Is it true?

Of course driving hard doesn't mean driving recklessly hor

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

One of the tyre shop workers told me, for turbo cars, must drive hard. Else the car will learn, and become bo lat. Is it true?

True to a certain extend.

My car feels more responsive every time after I return from a road trip up north. [drivingcar]

• Praise 11

I used to open up my Civic's VTEC every time I go to M'sia... it was intoxicating, hearing the sounds and I know why the sound proofing on Civics isn't great - they want you to hear the aural symphony!

The engine ran better, clears the soot. I think it should be the same for all engines. Cheers

SPC 95 at $2.09 now.

Everyone is 2.09 now  [thumbsup]

World peace  [laugh]

• Praise 2

the "hearsay" is

IF you WOT and drive aggressively, - (not to be confused with recklessly) the car will tune its profile slightly.

As in the NSHW, if you consistently doing 110, and does some overtaking as well, you will realise that when you slow down and move again, it seems like very chiongable. But becuase you in a jam, the car sort of retard back to its orignal form and then you back to square 1.

and there is a sports mode in most cases.

But majority of the time, the car reverts back to its normal state of tune where FC is the main consideration.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I used to open up my Civic's VTEC every time I go to M'sia... it was intoxicating, hearing the sounds and I know why the sound proofing on Civics isn't great - they want you to hear the aural symphony!

The engine ran better, clears the soot. I think it should be the same for all engines. Cheers

Everyone is 2.09 now  [thumbsup]

World peace  [laugh]

not to be a wet blanket... but lets enjoy it while it last.

I'll make a guess, Shell will be the first to up the price (if any). Bros who needa fill up quickly do so. Nowadays increase price very fast, but decrease seems to take ages..

Guys any new petrol vouchers up for grabs? Seems like the shell vouchers are ending this month for all stations usage. April is only tampinese. Anymore new station or closing station for the coming few months?

Guys any new petrol vouchers up for grabs? Seems like the shell vouchers are ending this month for all stations usage. April is only tampinese. Anymore new station or closing station for the coming few months?

• Praise 1

u missed the esso vouchers $5/$50 fuel pumped usable for various stations (not all)

spc is stlll giving $2 for every $70 fuel pumped i heard

• Praise 3

u missed the esso vouchers $5/$50 fuel pumped usable for various stations (not all)

You mean missed it? Where is that. How long was the vouchers last?

Sad.

I have been pumping SPC 95 for years. Recently, I lent my car to a friend for a week and he pumped Caltex 95. I must say there seems to be a difference in performance.  SPC 95 seems to make the car feel more underpowered than Caltex 95.  Not sure if it is just my imagination.  Any bros have similar experience like this?

Ya same here, I changed from SPC 95 to Caltex 95 few years back, and the difference was really significant for my ride when flooring the accelerator  [laugh]  Have been pumping Caltex 95 ever since.

• Praise 1

u referring to the punggol esso station ya? hahahahahaha

• Praise 1

Yes. SPC vouchers valid till April.
  • Praise 2

u referring to the punggol esso station ya? hahahahahaha

yup the station on punggol road (sengkang) is closed for reno now.

• Praise 4

yup the station on punggol road (sengkang) is closed for reno now.

ya i missed the voucher too lo..was away on trip!!!!

Shell is still at 2.09 today thankfully..

Anyone with coupons for Shell? 

I still find that the same 95 Ron fuel from Shell runs smoother..

I heard the coupon that shell had for the last year till this April can be usd for all stations. Is that true. The April coupon is suppose to only used in tampinese. So is that true?

↡ Advertisement