Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

When I came back from Laos, I always think of the taxi-driver & waiter I met there.

Monthly salary, USD 40.00.

Taxi driver got 3 kids and wife to support.

I spend SGD 6000 in petrol per year = 120 months (10 years) of his salary.

Just by not topping up (still can keep your car) you can support 1 wife plus 9 mistresses.... plus their/your kids! :o

1 week also not enough to rotate through the 10..... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Actually even if the price of petrol goes up, we can only feel the pain but our rides still need a good drink of "premium" .

The cost of owning a "luxury" item..

Incidentally, SPC discount is 17% with SPU card this month.

Also with UOB $3 discount, but catch is minimum pump $62, to get nett 20% off.

A little relief now for the ride [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Bloody hell bolehland Ron97 dropped 10 cents. Sg petrol company only dropped 2 cents for Ron95. Why our garment never ask them to match the price ah? #*+×*#*

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Incidentally, SPC discount is 17% with SPU card this month.

Also with UOB $3 discount, but catch is minimum pump $62, to get nett 20% off.

A little relief now for the ride [rolleyes]

Why you ask pple to pump $62? $60 can liao mah.

(0.85x$60) - 3=$48

(0.85x$60) - 3=$48

If you had the new SPC&U card and registered online, you get additional 2% off this month.

So its (0.83 x $60) - $3 = $46.80.

Effectively, 22% discount.

Too bad my car cannot take SPC. [:(]

Edited by Sg2303
  • Praise 1

Yup. All PaPa fault. Heartless .

Ah Gong passed down to Ah Goh, Ah G passed baton to Ah Lxng . . . who is the last anchor runner, can he or can he not do any drastic changes

Looking at past history, I do not think the emperor will be happy sitting duck, he will continue to spread his wings to make more revenue for his ' Empire. '

" It is okay to born poor, but to die poor is a failure. " Quote & unquote.

Bloody hell bolehland Ron97 dropped 10 cents. Sg petrol company only dropped 2 cents for Ron95. Why our garment never ask them to match the price ah? #*+×*#*

U may be new here, why Gahmen never match , simply we cant afford to face face, to lose value and to close account and answerable to those scholars sitting in ivory tower.

I will cut mine if thy can match fuel subsidy. [shakehead]

If you had the new SPC&U card and registered online, you get additional 2% off this month.

I saw Ferrari & Lamborghini pump SPC at SPC Tanjong Katong station even though there are all the brands of petrol along that road... Yr car pump special petrol or its a Bugatti or McLaren?

(0.85x$60) - 3=$48

Knn I didn't know new SPC&U 17% discount... Else I will get 17%+6% POSB+ $2 coupon... Yesterday SPC got Q so I steight drive to Caltex.. only have a lousy 13 or 15% with Caltex card + OCBC card plus caltex already more expensive than SPC.. I kanna carrot.. lucky I'm those always pump 25-30litre type, not full tank

I saw Ferrari & Lamborghini pump SPC at SPC Tanjong Katong station even though there are all the brands of petrol along that road... Yr car pump special petrol or its a Bugatti or McLaren?

Knn I didn't know new SPC&U 17% discount... Else I will get 17%+6% POSB+ $2 coupon... Yesterday SPC got Q so I steight drive to Caltex.. only have a lousy 13 or 15% with Caltex card + OCBC card plus caltex already more expensive than SPC.. I kanna carrot.. lucky I'm those always pump 25-30litre type, not full tank

In Unique $ingapore, from 'buying' HDB to 'buying' cars and even simple thing like pumping petrol... Everything looks complicated.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 2

Why your car cannot take SPC?
  • Praise 1

Don't know why leh.

Tried 95/98 on a few occasions on almost empty tank and after a while of driving the computer will show "Depollution System Faulty"

Or else I chiong SPC liao. Most discounted petrol in SG.

All other brands no such problem. [:(]

The prob lies with the owner, not the car.

Don't jump into conclusion lah Edited by Sg2303
  • Praise 2

the price of 98 at SPC, remained the same for month of Sep at:

$2.330 per litre.

in JUly it was higher: 2.40, 2.370

• Praise 1

Saw this news from bloomberg today. If the Oil price goes higher, quite sure they will increase petrol price asap.... [furious]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-02/wti-oil-falls-below-90-first-time-in-17-months-on-supply.html

WTI Oil Falls Below $90 First Time in 17 Months on Supply

By Mark Shenk Oct 2, 2014 9:46 PM GMT+0800

West Texas Intermediate oil dropped below $90 for the first time in 17 months amid signs that global supplies are outstripping demand. Brent, Europe’s benchmark, headed for a bear market.

WTI fell as much as 2.8 percent to $88.18 a barrel in New York, bringing the decline to 9.9 percent this year. Brent has fallen 20 percent from its peak in June. Prices retreated yesterday after Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, cut its official selling price for crude to Asia to the lowest since 2008. .........

• Praise 2

dont compare msia with sg la..

• Praise 3

Haha, cannot compare lah. You want garment to match your monthly salary with theirs?

• Praise 3

地沟油.. Spc is china company, some say.. Kidding..

Don't know why leh.

Tried 95/98 on a few occasions on almost empty tank and after a while of driving the computer will show "Depollution System Faulty"

Or else I chiong SPC liao. Most discounted petrol in SG.

All other brands no such problem. [:(]

Don't jump into conclusion lah

bro, maybe u can write to spc and CC newspaper.. Maybe they will give u few tank foc to try..hehe Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 1

What car you driving? Special dietary requirement for your car. haha.

• Praise 2